What people are saying about the OP7 Pro: Pop-Up Camera

1. TonyTechBytes
    US Brand Ambassador Jun 4, 2019

TonyTechBytes , Jun 4, 2019 :
    I apologize that many aspects are left out of the post. OnePlus staff proofread it for typos and I thought it was satisfactory. I wish I could've asked true users for their thoughts after weeks of genuine usage rather than first impressions from random people (which is what the thread is about), but that's not what OnePlus wanted. Please keep in mind that this is a thread on first impressions and thoughts mixed in with specs - not necessarily a review on the pop-up camera that highlights every aspect.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2019

nateavi likes this.
  2. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Jun 4, 2019

B_Wrath , Jun 4, 2019 :
    The words "multitude of people" means a large sample size. You said you interviewed for a few weeks, again, ample time for you to get your own impression correct.

Further more, you are contradicting yourself. In the opening post, you said multitude, after questioning, you said few of your friends, then again, in your post in quoting now, you say you asking many.
    What is the truth?

Let me ask you something. These "people", do they own a OP7 Pro or was it their impression about your phone?

Also, if this thread was only about the first impression of people who saw the phone just the moment you showed it to them, don't you think your title is misleading? Your title paints a picture of people who have used the phone for a couple of weeks and giving their impressions after it.

The only thing you can do now is, write a proper post about what was expected from you by Oneplus, hope for you go about it completing the task and by giving the actual facts rather than blown up exaggerated stuff (example: multitude of people).

3. sourabh195
    Eclair Jun 4, 2019

sourabh195 , Jun 4, 2019 :
    Which alternative app you used?

4. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert Jun 4, 2019

Hydra Bob , Jun 4, 2019 :
    @keithnyc @wissou I'm going to tag you guys in here since I think there's some feedback in this thread that you could use to improve the brand ambassador program in the future.

nateavi, SoniaB, keithnyc and 4 others like this.
  5. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Jun 4, 2019

B_Wrath , Jun 4, 2019 :
    The poor guy wouldn't have even realized that he would be asked so many questions.
    I don't blame him entirely for this mess. The proof reading should have been better. At least, the title shouldn't be misleading.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2019

SJBoss likes this.
  6. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jun 4, 2019

SJBoss , Jun 4, 2019 :
    OnePlus proof read his post right? So this is eggjactly what was expected from him. How bad it can get?

B_Wrath likes this.
  7. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Jun 4, 2019

B_Wrath , Jun 4, 2019 :
    Honestly, it can get a lot worse. At least, he admitted to his mistakes and errors.

nateavi and SJBoss like this.
  8. akshaytom110
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2019

akshaytom110 , Jun 4, 2019 :
    I appreciate the camera quality but do have a concern with the front camera. When there is video call, the camera pops up by itself before even we could attend the call. What if the phone is in my pocket, wouldn't there be damage caused to it if it pops out and I m trying to drag it out of my trousers. Can you please provide a desirable explanation or solution?

nateavi likes this.
  9. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 4, 2019

Tobikage , Jun 4, 2019 :
    This is being looked into an will be hopefully fixed soon.

Meanwhile....did you read about how the pop up camera can lift cement blocks ? I'm sure it won't be a problem.

10. mkernbach
    KitKat Jun 4, 2019

mkernbach , Jun 4, 2019 :
    Should be in stock in June... And it is June but the Month is long :)

TonyTechBytes likes this.
  11. caseyk44
    Eclair Jun 4, 2019

12. Jayanthkanala
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2019

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019

13. Hydra Bob

Against my better judgement, I just tested that and it didn't happen to me. What software version are you running?

nateavi and YRJ like this.
  14. Hydra Bob

Also are you sure you don't have any Smart Lock settings enabled? (Don't just say yes, please check to confirm.)

15. Jayanthkanala
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2019

Jayanthkanala , Jun 4, 2019 :
    yes

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  16. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jun 4, 2019

SJBoss , Jun 4, 2019 :
    [​IMG]

17. Hydra Bob

18. Jayanthkanala
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2019

Hydra Bob and SJBoss like this.
  19. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 4, 2019

20. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 4, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Jun 4, 2019 :
    Depends how short you are that's what she said.