What Purpose Does OnePlus Community (forums) Really Serve?

1. SJBoss
    Lollipop Feb 3, 2021

SJBoss , Feb 3, 2021 :
    Nah man, she has a bf and this is not tinder.

2. G_plusone
    Nougat Feb 3, 2021

B_Wrath, Bobbie63, sfomin and 4 others like this.
  3. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Feb 3, 2021

Mr. BG , Feb 3, 2021 :
    Savage...

4. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Feb 3, 2021

YRJ , Feb 3, 2021 :
    Woah! I did not see that coming :rolleyes:

SJBoss, Bobbie63, sfomin and 3 others like this.
  5. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Feb 3, 2021

SJBoss, Bobbie63 and sfomin like this.
  6. sfomin
    Nougat Feb 3, 2021

sfomin , Feb 3, 2021 :
    :rolleyes:
    ooof

SJBoss, Starcommander and Bobbie63 like this.
  7. McJader
    Lollipop Feb 3, 2021

the_o2, Caomhin, SJBoss and 3 others like this.
  8. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Feb 3, 2021

Bobbie63 , Feb 3, 2021 :
    Still up to your old tricks.:p

B_Wrath, Caomhin, SJBoss and 3 others like this.
  9. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Feb 3, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Feb 3, 2021 :
    Ooof after coming here I realize that my signature GIF was already taken by veteran @LightningXIII long ago :(:oops:
    Anyways....looks like she likes the sh**ty Android TV OS.
    OnePlus TV with a custom OS could've been much better :rolleyes:
    Anyways, I'm quite late to this thread, but its accurate @SJBoss....and thankfully not moderated 😬😬

SJBoss and McJader like this.
  10. SJBoss
    Lollipop Feb 3, 2021

SJBoss , Feb 3, 2021 :
    All this for nothing though
    [​IMG]

B_Wrath and Tokolozi like this.
  11. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Feb 3, 2021

Tokolozi , Feb 3, 2021 :
    It's not, why have I been swiping left the whole time?

superplus, Caomhin, SJBoss and 3 others like this.
  12. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 1, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 1, 2021 :
    Sir be assured we've been working very hard to avoid any users/tags who raise such concerns. meanwhile we've put together a team of "regular users" and have been promoting "user generated" content where staff magically pops up to keep you busy and if this doesn't distract you, I don't know what will.

P.S. fcuk you :)

Bobbie63 and SRD. like this.
  13. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 1, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 1, 2021 :
    I don't know, the optimist in me still wants to give them one more chance. But the realist in me says I'm way over my head.

SRD. likes this.
  14. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 1, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 1, 2021 :
    You might wanna check the "user generated" content we put out a regular user put out today where pete showed up! woah right?

Please draw something or click photos there's enough to be distracted why you gotta bring this up?

Also sir, fcuk your optimism in particular :)

the_o2, sfomin and B_Wrath like this.
  15. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 1, 2021

dsmonteiro , Mar 1, 2021 :
    Hey @B_Wrath,

As I had the chance to already tell via PM, I already shared this with @Sumanth Jes and @Monica Z. and will let you l know more about it once I hear back. I know there were bug hunters agents that were trained for this purpose, and I'm trying to understand why this wasn't implemented.

As for TV specifically, @Venky61 and I have been talking about ways to better escalate these issues with the TV CS team. Venky is helping in making these escalations reach the TV team and we'll see the effectiveness of these in the next upcoming weeks.

the_o2, suhantm, rhyd1am and 2 others like this.
  16. McJader
    Lollipop Mar 1, 2021

McJader , Mar 1, 2021 :
    The content is indeed user-generated.
    I don't understand your skepticism on this topic. When I have an idea and want to write a thread about it, I may contact David or someone else from the Writer's Club, other times when David finds a good thread like the recent one from Mr. BG he decides to pin it to recommend.
    This doesn't mean that I don't participate in the forums or won't criticise OnePlus, in fact I regularly criticise them.
    Their choosing to highlight such threads shouldn't be bad, but when they ignore other Customer-support threads, you can go ahead and criticise them.

rhyd1am likes this.
  17. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 1, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 1, 2021 :
    So as @B_Wrath did get an update on CS issue he raised, So why not I try something similar. Since this one checks more boxes including CS, state of this forum and everything in between.

And as some of the issues raised in original thread are even though unanswered but irrelevant now thanks to what I call the great silence. I'll update and remove some of the question as well.

Here goes :

Why OnePlus always shy away from addressing the issues on forums?

Are we ever going to get an official and detailed response regarding issues that OnePlus devices face?
    (what has been done what's being done and what are the options for the users facing issues with their devices)

So no one has to turn to websites like Android authority ( worst one btw) or 9to5google to know that you guys are aware of the issue.

Do I expect an answer? Eh.

18. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 1, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 1, 2021 :
    Again, thus is what I'm against. As an expert, you can expect Venky to help in solving some problems or guide users, but asking him (or for that matter, the mods) to escalate CS issues.
    These should be handled by the staff and not users or mods.

19. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 1, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 1, 2021 :
    O you sweet summer child, because you joined in 2020.

Would you want me to give you tour? Head over to my thread go through it. Read what people has to say about things other than that I'll show you why the skepticism as well.
    Edit :
    You go write it if it's good it'll be on recommended anyway 🤷‍♂️ As long as it's reviewed by staff and posted respective to their convenience and propo like "sustainability" one (even though OP has no idea of that) I'll have a problem. You don't think head of product just happen to come by do you?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021

the_o2, sfomin, B_Wrath and 2 others like this.
  20. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 1, 2021

dsmonteiro , Mar 1, 2021 :
    They do not handle the actual escalation but rather help us having more visibility on the whole forum. Since the forum isn't an actual official support channel, we rely on these core users to help make sure these situations where an escalation is needed is fully identified.

Still, as you put it correctly, Bug Hunters were meant to be helping in this regard. Already looking into it.

rhyd1am likes this.