What Purpose Does OnePlus Community (forums) Really Serve?

1. IamIRONSman
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Mar 3, 2021

IamIRONSman , Mar 3, 2021 :
    I don't think they will ever truly address issues on the forums as I have found their support, especially on Twitter to be massively automated to spew out the same response to contact them directly via DM.

They would need to dedicate a whole new forum or section for each device and a team to troubleshoot and follow up with users it would (if they did it) improve the experience tenfold.

Even phone carriers have a pop-up chat for problem-solving or at least to ask questions how is this not a natural feature? For specific markets at least there is the advantage of stores to go to which can help however a lot on here is software-based and needs addressing better than "here's what's coming".

2. SoniaB
    Head Moderator; Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Mar 3, 2021

SoniaB , Mar 3, 2021 :
    @SJBoss you will see that I just moderated on a post of yours in this thread.

Whilst I have zero issue with you raising genuine concerns regarding the forum, your post was highly disrespectful. Referring to forum users as "rabid dogs" or anyone an "idiot" is completely unacceptable.

Furthermore, in posting in such a manner you are just highlighting that you also are part of the "problem" regarding toxicity on the forum.

For transparency, an admin (whom you refer to as a "hypocrite") did contact you via PM and addressed some of the concerns you raised. You decided not to continue that conversation. It is important for me to highlight this as you cannot say that you were not contacted.

Again, I have no issues with you raising genuine concerns or indeed doing a daily bump of this thread if you wish, but please be mindful of forum rules and act within those rules.

Edit: I will add that if you fail to act within the forum rules then I will close this thread accordingly.

3. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 3, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 3, 2021 :
    So it was me who didn't wanna talk about things? Did he tell you this? Such a character.

Dresa91 and McJader like this.
  4. SoniaB
    Head Moderator; Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Mar 3, 2021

SoniaB , Mar 3, 2021 :
    I am not going to enter into a slanging match with you. You were contacted by admin. You chose to not believe what they were saying. You chose to leave it at that.

Please take note of what I posted and act accordingly. I believe in good healthy debate, but this thread is easily heading down the road of toxic behaviour, which you are being a part of as highlighted in my earlier reply.

Tobikage, the_o2, Funk Wizard and 5 others like this.
  5. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 3, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 3, 2021 :
    I was contacted yes, I was told things yes, I was made aware by the admin that he already knows I will not believe him, yes. I was made aware that admin knows I dislike (hate) him yes. I was also made aware via other people that admin believes I have a personal grudge against him yes. (Which I didn't even know was possible)

but okay I'll be respectful, and continue popping my questions everyday if that's okay.
    Sorry for the trouble, I will indeed act accordingly and make sure conversations doesn't drift away from what this thread was intended for.

the_o2, Funk Wizard, camohan and 4 others like this.
  6. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Mar 3, 2021

Mr. BG , Mar 3, 2021 :
    Oh yeah...

Throwing a tantrum :rolleyes: keep it cool bud...

7. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 4, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 4, 2021 :
    Why OnePlus always shy away from addressing the issues on forums?

Are we ever going to get official and detailed responses regarding issues that OnePlus devices face? (what has been done what's being done and what are the options for the users facing issues with their devices)

So no one has to turn to websites like Android authority ( worst one btw) or 9to5google to know that you guys are aware of the issue.

[​IMG]

8. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Mar 4, 2021

Mr. BG , Mar 4, 2021 :
    This is kind of sad..

I agree that it's quite sad one often has to read it first on Android websites.

9. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 4, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 4, 2021 :
    And the only place they'll ever get an update on important things. Which makes me question the whole thing. they should make an quick official response to widespread issues like 8 Series and Nord Tint. The co creation stuff is all good, people take participation they get freebies and nice tags and I have no problem with it whatsoever. But the co creation is part of this community and not the whole point of it, Just like fun is a part of this community. If this isn't the right place to address issues with OnePlus products and OnePlus in general than this shouldn't be the place they look for co creation either.

10. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 9, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 9, 2021 :
    When people asked for admin participation in the community they didn't meant that they wanted a pre recorded generic posts on threads, What they akchually wanted was 'em to sometimes randomly pop up and say hi and most importantly address issues related to their respective dept.

Now we all know that they have more important stuff to do and hardly have any time for this. But I'd still prefer the one in a lifetime genuine reply or even better if it's about a widespread issue over what I've seen recently.

And now it's time for the usual thread bump and the usual Questions.

Why OnePlus always shy away from addressing the issues on forums?

Are we ever going to get official and detailed responses regarding issues that OnePlus devices face? (what has been done what's being done and what are the options for the users facing issues with their device

So no one has to turn to websites like Android authority ( worst one btw) or 9to5google to know that you guys are aware of the issues)

11. Tobikage
    Nougat Mar 9, 2021

Tobikage , Mar 9, 2021 :
    How about the same post....but only 10+ consecutive times in the same thread ? :D

Some Admins be spamming the forum to increase post count.:rolleyes:

McJader, Bobbie63, SJBoss and 2 others like this.
  12. Tobikage
    Nougat Mar 9, 2021

13. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Mar 9, 2021

14. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 9, 2021

15. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Mar 9, 2021

Bobbie63 , Mar 9, 2021 :
    A bot? oh no:eek:
    They now let them loose in general threads, on random posts instead of the feedback section, just to show OnePlus involvement. :p

It's hilarious reading sometimes. :D

Tokolozi, Tobikage and McJader like this.
  16. Tobikage
    Nougat Mar 12, 2021

Tobikage , Mar 12, 2021 :
    You alive ? What happened to your daily

:rolleyes:

SJBoss, Tokolozi and McJader like this.
  17. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 12, 2021

SJBoss , Mar 12, 2021 :
    It's hype week, let 'em be.

Unless... :rolleyes:

McJader and Bobbie63 like this.
  18. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Mar 30, 2021

McJader, SJBoss, superplus and 2 others like this.
  19. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 30, 2021

SJBoss, Mr. BG and superplus like this.
  20. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Mar 30, 2021