What Purpose Does OnePlus Community (forums) Really Serve?

1. Goku_SuperSaiyan
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2020 at 8:04 PM

SJBoss and Dresa91 like this.
  2. GopalB.
    Nougat Aug 1, 2020 at 8:05 PM

3. Caomhin
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020 at 8:06 PM

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 1, 2020 at 8:06 PM :
    Thanks for the tag. [e]1f44d[/e]

Am relatively new here considering the wealth of knowledge displaywd by others mentioned by both @B_Wrath and @SJBoss

But I can see and understand why the community has grown so well, plenty here willing to help.

Many of the queries are repetitive, but that just makes learning how to alleviate issues easier, because someone always has the knowledge necessary and are happy to impart it.

Life's a learning curve, or as a mate says, every day is a schoolday.

So long as people are willing and open to learn, then it's worth coming back to pick up and impart the knowledge that makes life easier.

Contributing in either a small, medium or large way always helps to improve the experience for people. Yes, there are ups and downs, but that's the same in every community. In fact in every facet of life. But you keep going, because there is one more person who can be aided in some way.

Overall this community is a satisfying endeavour, and if you only get 1 Thanks in a 100 replies, then it's always worth it.

Anyway, thanks lads and ladies. Hope to be here and see you all here for a while yet.

And a big thanks to all those Moderators, who are willing to help no matter what, even @SoniaB while on hols. That's dedication. And my fault for not knowing [e]1f612[/e]

😎[e]1f44d[/e]

the_o2, Swatiranjan, B_Wrath and 7 others like this.
  4. LightningXIII
    Community Veteran Aug 1, 2020 at 8:08 PM

5. Batman360
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020 at 8:09 PM

Batman360 , Aug 1, 2020 at 8:09 PM :
    This should be named as an Oopsie thread @SJBoss 😂
    I really think they are afraid of losing their sales that is why they don't give a clear answer, and the last thing we want from them is to act like Apple, starting to twist and turn the problems and make it look like it's common, reminds me of this:

images (38).jpeg

If they have that much trust in their community, they should just come clear and be transparent with the problems, we will surely understand it, problems do exist but that doesn't mean they keep hiding it, in the end it's gonna be a hole mountain of oopsies and no one will be there to clear them. Why not officially address it and kill it then and there. But they wanna play the game Apple play so yeah what can anyone say 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I still believe this company can do way better, just needs to believe and hear us, like we did for them since the beginning.

6. SJBoss
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020 at 8:23 PM

SJBoss , Aug 1, 2020 at 8:23 PM :
    Well, you should've... At least get it off your chest.
    I don't even know why they bothered with fortnite? A desperate move to be more recognised in NA Smartphone market.
    Embrace the punch holes! Because we've got the best display in the world (with a slight tint but that's a feature).
    @Tobikage is who carl was thinking when he uttered the words "a rabid fan base".
    Send me the link.. Or something.
    You were never capable of such things... Neither you had the potential for it. Sorry dobby. Had to say it :rolleyes:
    Well, I kinda had to do this for the last time.
    I'll Take that Ms.. go on :rolleyes:
    If you haven't noticed... OnePlus has been doing just that for quite sometime... Jelly effect, tint Issues it's either a feature or a basic characteristics of Amoled. Never OnePlus's fault.
    There's already a shit ton of oopsies I've only mentioned a few of 'em. And OnePlus is basically a wanna be Apple Android OEM, a bad one at that.

7. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2020 at 8:25 PM

ASCHENTE_V , Aug 1, 2020 at 8:25 PM :
    OnePlus now should create Community 2.0 with invite system... Problem solved! :D

8. LightningXIII
    Community Veteran Aug 1, 2020 at 8:27 PM

LightningXIII , Aug 1, 2020 at 8:27 PM :
    Before I start I want to attach a big disclaimer to my post: this is not to bash OnePlus in any way. I love this brand and I love everyone who I know on this forum.

Ok here I go:

I hate to break the fairytale you're living in but OnePlus' main motivation to make this forum was not to have a nice group of friends hanging out with some booze on fridaynights. Partly, sure but it was not their focus. Some might think this isn't rocketscience but I'm pretty sure some people have never thought about it.

At the very start of OnePlus they barely had a budget for marketing and they needed cheap ways to promote their product. Ofcourse everyone knows about the invites. Building a community is a cheap and smart way for mouth to mouth publicity. Other brands do this as well. Blackshark is an example in this niche.

I'm pretty sure that they didn't expect that this forum would blow up like this and we've seen times that has proven that. (not enough mods at times for example or servers just being overloaded at product releases)

Secondly this forum became a backup place for their customer support in a later stage. (e.g.: starting point) Because why would you pay for helpdesk employees if you have so many people helping out for free right? (I know this sounds mean but it's just the truth)

Again, this ain't to slap OnePlus in the face. This is just how I see it and I might be wrong about a few things but I'm pretty sure I'm hitting a few things in the bullseye. I've been here way too long to not see those things as someone who works in marketing.

9. GopalB.
    Nougat Aug 1, 2020 at 8:28 PM

Batman360, B_Wrath, Tobikage and 2 others like this.
  10. saikiran4ever
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2020 at 8:29 PM

saikiran4ever , Aug 1, 2020 at 8:29 PM :
    That's a Gun shot...

Oneplus thinks we are not noticing anything. Truth is we know everything about Oneplus.

Oneplus should, at least now, understand what customers really want in their phones. Customers have been asking for AOD, a way to install custom fonts, alert slider customisation etc..Where are they? Team has been working on these features for years?

Oneplus 5 - Inverted display - Jelly issue - Blame on AMOLED display
    Oneplus 8 Pro - Black bar & tint issue - Blame on AMOLED display
    Oneplus Nord - Tint issue - Again, blame on AMOLED display

Don't know why Oneplus chooses AMOLED knowing it has all these issues.
    So, are DisplayMate ratings fake? They never found
    tint issues while testing 8 pro ?

Oneplus should wake up. At least, the team behind the design and development.

Lastly, i don't understand why Oneplus is using abusive language (F**) in their recent videos. Doesn't it know there are students & users from different cultures using this forum?

11. LightningXIII
    Community Veteran Aug 1, 2020 at 8:32 PM

Batman360, Tobikage, Dresa91 and 2 others like this.
  12. GopalB.
    Nougat Aug 1, 2020 at 8:36 PM

GopalB. , via OnePlus 7T Pro Haze Blue , Aug 1, 2020 at 8:36 PM :
    I've tears in my eyes... :p

Sure... Let me check...

Cries in the corner... :(

Batman360, B_Wrath, Tobikage and 2 others like this.
  13. Tobikage
    Nougat Aug 1, 2020 at 8:40 PM

Batman360, Mr. BG, B_Wrath and 3 others like this.
  14. BeingIncog
    Nougat Aug 1, 2020 at 8:42 PM

Swatiranjan, B_Wrath, GopalB. and 3 others like this.
  15. Tobikage
    Nougat Aug 1, 2020 at 8:47 PM

Tobikage , Aug 1, 2020 at 8:47 PM :
    Says the guy that still takes an effort to make a thread....:rolleyes:
    Says the guy using the community app.

I'm rabid enough to throw my OP2 at @Carls head if that's what he meant.:rolleyes:

Batman360, B_Wrath, superplus and 3 others like this.
  16. GopalB.
    Nougat Aug 1, 2020 at 8:49 PM

Batman360, B_Wrath, Dresa91 and 2 others like this.
  17. LightningXIII
    Community Veteran Aug 1, 2020 at 8:49 PM

Batman360, Dresa91 and Tobikage like this.
  18. GopalB.
    Nougat Aug 1, 2020 at 8:49 PM

19. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2020 at 8:49 PM

ASCHENTE_V , Aug 1, 2020 at 8:49 PM :
    Each time I see a new thread and your comment, like "Thanks *Name*...", I've a premonition of hidden truth. Sounds more close to: "Yeah, ok, another thread, moving on o_O". Is it correct? :D
    Agreed, should have... but usually it ends with nothing. All threads of plastic frame dicsussions ended up with this guy @Caomhin writing about Mickey Mouse :p, whatever he meant with this...
    Not yet, but I've already been reported at least twice today. Today I got people believing my fake edited update logs from Oxygen updater, though I deliberately made visible mistakes. Unforutanately, people don't get jokes and don't play ball. Especially cupcakes.

drl431, Dresa91 and GopalB. like this.
  20. Tobikage
    Nougat Aug 1, 2020 at 8:50 PM

Batman360, Mr. BG, B_Wrath and 3 others like this.