What Purpose Does OnePlus Community (forums) Really Serve?

1. Starcommander
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020 at 9:21 PM

Starcommander , Aug 1, 2020 at 9:21 PM :
    Thank you @SJBoss

2. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2020 at 9:21 PM

ASCHENTE_V , Aug 1, 2020 at 9:21 PM :
    Btw, @SoniaB what happened to @Cosmos_NT idea regarding creating and pinning new kind of thread for all device branches with current bugs? It might have become a proper place for reproducing and pinning most frequent bugs! He said it was rejected by mods, and tagging had no result, only reports did work with respond: "Unfortunately, rejected".

Don't you consider that as ignoring and then just: "Meh, no"? For me that's typical situation, when cool idea got smashed cuz of not enough attention and hype. I'm asking as he said: "I'm done with community permanently". It pissed me off.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 9:33 PM

3. Starcommander
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020 at 9:26 PM

Starcommander , Aug 1, 2020 at 9:26 PM :
    All I know the vibes of forum has changed. It might be good as well but I can't put that exact feelings in word.

That excitement has gone. That interest has gone. From most active member I have become rarely active.

But things change...

4. SJBoss
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020 at 9:35 PM

SJBoss , Aug 1, 2020 at 9:35 PM :
    Do you want to? :rolleyes: that's all that matters.
    [​IMG]
    she even have favourite objects... But :rolleyes:
    To fool people, to work for 'em free of cost. Because badges!! :rolleyes:
    Once a cupcake... Always a cupcake.
    Have you seen @Carl or @Pete I haven't seen you calling 'em out? :rolleyes:
    For what eggjactly? Ah i get it.
    It's not about the Vibes... It's about the BS they keep feeding people.

Batman360, Dresa91, the_o2 and 5 others like this.
  5. Starcommander
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020 at 9:38 PM

Starcommander , Aug 1, 2020 at 9:38 PM :
    I tried to be more polite but I feel it's not exactly only that. There are many things. But I am busy and u know why.. Ttyl

6. Helder_DAlmeida
    KitKat Aug 1, 2020 at 9:39 PM

7. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Aug 1, 2020 at 9:53 PM

dsmonteiro , Aug 1, 2020 at 9:53 PM :
    Hi @SJBoss,

While I can't provide an answer to everything you asked or address all the concerns you raised, I wanted to give you a bit more information on the inner workings of the Community team.

Many staff members visit the forums on a daily basis. They collect and forward feedback on a daily basis. This is done on several areas: bug hunters contact users that have submitted bug reports and suggestions and also contact users on the General Support sections, people from the OS team keep track of users' feedback on update threads and the Community team, of which I'm part of, tries to maintain a constant online presence, collecting users' feedback on all things good and bad. This thread is no different.

I understand that you, like all users, wants to have a reply to all your questions, directly from staff. We'd love to have to be able to answer everyone's questions directly as well. Still, I'm sure you can understand why this is not feasible. As an example, after the Weekly Update was out, I set to answer multiple users' questions, yours included. This was over an hour of my work time. In that small period, I received many other questions. As much as I'd like to answer to everyone, it's simply not possible. I can also not reply you on things that go well beyond my roles and responsibilities. What I can do is to forward your feedback, and I do that, as do other staff members.

You asked what the Community is for. I can give my best answer to that. Yes, there's a big focus on co-creation, as you said so yourself. I however disagree with you that OnePlus is the only entity that benefits from that. Co-creation is all about cooperation. If OnePlus benefits from it, so do the users.

The Community is also a channel of official communication. Many news are shared with users here before they are shared with media or through Social Media.

It is also a place where users help each other, but that was never with the purpose of replacing Customer Support. At the same time, we're truly thankful of all of those that help users. This is one of the reasons why the biggest way of getting XP in the new user ladder is providing best answers to others. Yes, I know that this might not be fully to users' expectations, but we're working on improving this by multiple ways, namely by bringing this feature to the community app and by working on campaign that recognise those that help others.

I write you this while I watch the final of the Portugal's Football Cup Final. It's a Saturday, 9:34PM 9:53PM and still, I'm here, more than willing to hear your questions. Yesterday, based on your and other users' feedback I exchanged messages with @Amanda W.'s until well over 1AM in China and then, the same thing happened with me, with Amanda sending me messages after 1AM Portuguese time. I'm not telling you any of this to gather your simpathy or pity. I tell you this to address your "I don't expect an answer." statement. I can assure you that, even if there are no replies to your messages, there are people gathering that feedback, sharing it with the relevant stakeholders and developing the necessary follow-up questions.

With all of this said, I can assure that I'm forwarding the feedback from this thread (and then continue watching the match).

8. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2020 at 10:04 PM

ASCHENTE_V , via OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition , Aug 1, 2020 at 10:04 PM :
    I'll show you sth.

View attachment 1387683

1596315804880.jpg
    It's all about CS and bugs are their shit to clean as well.
    View attachment 1387682
    Do you see connection? I'm pissed 🤬

Upd: sorry, attached wrong screenshot last time.

Attached Files:

9. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2020 at 10:13 PM

Dresa91, SJBoss, the_o2 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Starcommander
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020 at 10:15 PM

Starcommander , Aug 1, 2020 at 10:15 PM :
    Its 3AM in India and I am reading this.... XD
    But jokes apart I agree what I u said. Just that a little more conversation will be better imo from staff

11. LightningXIII
    Community Veteran Aug 1, 2020 at 10:48 PM

Batman360, Dresa91, SJBoss and 3 others like this.
  12. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020 at 10:58 PM

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 1, 2020 at 10:58 PM :
    These kind of posts was done once (see screenshot). Listing known and confirmed issues and what you could expect to be fixed in next update. If this was linked in update posts so more people would know that they existed and that it started to be used again...

1596318805144.jpg
    Personally I think it adds value to the community and a purpose. 1. Read update posts. 2. Read known issues and upcomming fixes. 3. Post/report your problem (well for those that actually reads anything other than direct responses to their own posts)

13. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Aug 1, 2020 at 11:13 PM

dsmonteiro , Aug 1, 2020 at 11:13 PM :
    I'm sorry you feel that way because the new system was built with exact opposite purpose in mind.

We noticed that the previous user ladder did not recognize those that are most involved with the community. XP and medals are not the endgame. Through them, we can better identify those that invest their time in the community and provide the much needed recognition to those.

I had the chance to explain this previously, it's a shame I wasn't able to get the message across.

14. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2020 at 12:22 AM

ASCHENTE_V , Aug 2, 2020 at 12:22 AM :
    True, but I don't see it working anymore. And I personally think, that providing this role for each device branch to sb from experienced users woud have been a much more profitable choice. User A is responsible for OP 7 and maybe its Pro version, user B - 7T/Pro, C - for 8/Pro etc.

Right now Abdul B. ain't even aware of proper names/build numbers for regional builds (this shit is different from device to device), meanwhile all other officials fall from their heavens to join community discussions either during AMAS or when some resonance/hype is performed by OLD users. As the result we've got more and more promises and close to ZERO result. That ain't gonna work, unless sb who knows complete thing about this or that device is taking everything in his own hands.

Anyway there're guys, constantly answering and taking active part in update threads, like you, @Artemus., @akks and others. Give them some rights to guide such bugs threads... But NO, OnePlus continues keeping badly performed update threads, saturated with useless repetitive questions (mostly about next/upcoming updates and already explained problems) and feedback, as not a single bug is pinned... As the sequence only users themselves contribute to help other regular users. Ger rid of those - update threads will be done ;)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 5:06 AM

15. Helder_DAlmeida
    KitKat Aug 2, 2020 at 12:29 AM

Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Aug 2, 2020 at 12:29 AM :
    Totally agree with you @dsmonteiro. I think it is a good thing I hope it continues and that Oneplus increasingly prioritizes this method of communication

16. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2020 at 12:51 AM

ASCHENTE_V , Aug 2, 2020 at 12:51 AM :
    Teach regular users to send logs. Jesus, that ain't hard to do ;)
    Update threads are trash and mess. Sorry, but that's reality.
    I do notice it only in the moments, when threads like this/"CS"/"Screen Issues"are held in recents by old users.
    Nobody asks to reply to each and every.
    I don't wanna be rude, but users don't. I explained everything 2 posts up. Do check if you want to.
    They're, but when regular users ask about CS/Screen issues for years/Nord's plastic frame and similar staff, not a single thread is there to explain things at least on fingers.
    Inform users about this fact. Dual channel communication, capisce? :)
    Anyway thanks for explaining some corners, however perspective is definitely different in user's eyes. At least once in a while one side ought to communicate with another (not damn AMA pls) to get things right and fully undertand each other's point, and not just keep an eye on them or ignore!!!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 2:54 AM

thedarkpresence_, SJBoss and Dresa91 like this.
  17. puccellino
    KitKat Aug 2, 2020 at 2:47 AM

puccellino , Aug 2, 2020 at 2:47 AM :
    Why no ...... X marks the spot for the biggest oopsie? Support stopped after 6 months it was hyped/released, and is now the most hyped down product in OP history.

Even you forgot it.

If they wanted to make amends, everyone who still has an Op X should be able to exchange it for a Nord, or if you still have an X invite, be able to buy the Nord at the OP X price as compensation.

😎🤪😜

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 8:25 AM

Batman360, Mr. BG, ASCHENTE_V and 4 others like this.
  18. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Aug 2, 2020 at 3:03 AM

MosheG1 , Aug 2, 2020 at 3:03 AM :
    @SJBoss thank you for tagging me!

I couldn't agree more with what was written! I don't know if being a LAB reviewer carries any weight but completely agree!

19. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2020 at 3:34 AM

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 2, 2020 at 3:34 AM :
    Dear @SJBoss after reading the thread, I must tell you, there are more than 1000 such issues raised everyday in tweeter/Facebook and this community forum itself. Sometimes I feel very bad answering them because somone paid for a device and problem appears which is not because of theirs, sometimes ignore them just because I don't know the solution ( even the Tech team doesn't know the solutions, not trying to figure out) .
    I have increased the brightness to find the issue of tint on my device, thankfully there isn't any. Also I didn't need to face CS so far.
    But the pain of customer is visible and support is invisible.

Lots of people are asking they have booked their phone long long back, when they'll get their device; obviously their is almost no response.
    Community is engaging because their are various kinds of discussions, but the major issues are hidden/ignored somewhere behind these engagement.

Wake up OnePlus Support.
    Sales alone is not a way to sustain, if CS is not strong.

20. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Aug 2, 2020 at 3:42 AM

BobbyV8_ , Aug 2, 2020 at 3:42 AM :
    Sorry for not responding earlier. I've lost my hope on the community forums and just stopped checking this place.

I'm not here to counter anyone's views or agree with anyone. So fanbois back off. You might want to be a person who could praise shit because it's gifted (free of cost) but for me shit is shit. I really want to boast about OnePlus but they don't deserve it anymore.
    Screenshot_20200802-070832__01-01.jpeg

When I was notified about this thread all I wanted to do is just repeat what I already said to @B_Wrath and move on, but for one thing I know.. This community gave me good friends and it is not the same anymore. If that could be what it previously was, we'd make more friends.

Now I can just say community isn't same and end it there but I'd be considered just joining my friends without any solid opinion.

Let me take things one by one
    1. Customer service :-
    By now users already reported that customer service doesn't respond and they had to wait hours to know no one's on the other end.
    I personally have been there and it is still like that.

I can expect your answer, they're working with limited staff due to pandemic situations. But have you ever thought what happens to consumers?
    Let's take this instance (my own one)
    A product / accessory turns out to be faulty or something that triggers warranty and CS doesn't happen to be working how is it resolved under warranty? Atleast if they take the issue with an acknowledgement it could be dealt with after this situation is over.
    Instead they just say you've reported after warranty period.
    Here’s how the very Special Alcantara case turned out in less than 6 months. Now please be informed I'm the person who used 3T without a case for about 3Yrs without even a screen guard and everything is intact. This Alcantara case wasn't destroyed by my usage, it just doesn't have enough quality to hold on for longer periods.
    IMG_20200719_173828.jpg

Now a point that has been communicated in an OEF, please make accessories available is clearly ignored. I can't buy this or any other case as they're just out of stock for a very long time. I could place an order for sandstone case after about 2.5 months which hasn't reached me for almost a month now.

Please explain me what happened to community's voice here.

I can answer it but you probably won't like the truth.
    All possible resources are invested in making Nord look great.. Build hype and sell some shit.

Because you know what? Phrases like "Customer is King" looks good only outside some desi stores and not in real business. Once we've sold something, let that dumbhead deal with it. I'll try to sell new shit.

Looking at Nord, I don't understand what's taken from the community. When the color scheme is changed on the forums preparing us for the yuckiest blue to be slapped on a device, there are opinions that they didn't like it. We still see it making it to the market. Please knock some sense into my hard coconut shelled brain.

Most of us know a shitty company popularly known by the word 'robots' those buggers roast their consumer base like one squishes a bug. They call you names, they call you shit head, they ask you to fcuk off and all but trust me on this. They definitely have a great customer support. That's what makes them best in business. Ah I forgot to say.. They don't have a community or never say we're community driven.

A friend once said community for OnePlus isn't restricted to forums but all social media handles are community. In reality they're handled by a bunch of bots and automated responses with no resolutions.

Now coming to my friends here, @B_Wrath @SJBoss primarily! I've said this like over 100 times and it still doesn't reach you. Mr.Sarcasm has been brutally murdered and people like you continue to butcher him. When someone says "Driven by Community" they're being sarcastic. Why is it so hard for your dumb brains to understand that? Grow up guys.

Just see this.. McLaren Edition 7TPro has a 90Hz screen but poor me couldn't afford the special McLaren fuel so it has dropped to 30Hz to save fuel and run on contaminated regular petrol.

Whoever is reading this and taking feedback, you already know how things work. Give something out, call it a gift and haters suddenly start sugarcoating everywhere. I'm no exception to it. You already know where to find me and I'm cheap to sell out for a Nord but don't forget to pack the green nord bottle with it.