What should I go with: OnePlus 55'' TV Q1 or U1?

1. AgarPiyush
    Froyo Sep 22, 2020

AgarPiyush , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Hello OnePlus Tv Q1 is currently priced at Rs 57,899 on Flipkart, Amazon. The U1 series starts at Rs 49,999.

Is it worth to spend 8k INR extra and choose Q1 over U1? Do I miss out on 1 year of extra software updates since Q1 was launched last year?

Help will be appreciated :)

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Sep 22, 2020

Venky61 , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Q1 is undoubdetly better in terms of Sound and picture quality. With the present pricing, it's more worth. Only downside of Q1 compared U1 is the back light bleeding but it's prominent only in interfaces and with Dark Room environment.
    Software is same in both devices, so the updates will not be different. You can ping me if you have futher queries regarding any of these devices.

AgarPiyush likes this.
  3. AgarPiyush
    Froyo Sep 22, 2020

AgarPiyush , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Thanks for the detailed answer, Venky61!

I couldn't find a way to personal DM you, so positing a reply here.

How bad is a back light bleeding issue in Q1? Have we seen bleeding issues in U1 series also? I am also inclined towards Q1 but if there is concerns with back light bleeding, then probably I would go with the U1 series. (Note: Display is higher priority than sound for me right now)

4. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Sep 22, 2020

Venky61 , Sep 22, 2020 :
    By backlight bleeding, I mean clouding on a dark background with very minimal light foreground. As I said, this type of scenarios are majorly seen in Interfaces like Netflix opening logo page, Prime Loading page etc. All the LEDs have some clouding as they can't go total black. There's Local dimming option in Q1 which helps to reduce it. U1 on the other side doesn't have local dimming control but has only global dimming. So it either goes total dark or total bright.
    In terms of contrast, deep blacks, colors Q1's better.

5. Alvinantoz
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2020

Alvinantoz , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 22, 2020 :
    You are saying Q1 has more back light bleeding than U1?. I thought QLED TV has less bleeding than normal VA panels. So to completely avoid back light bleeding we need OLED TV's, I hope next OnePlus TV's may come with this type of panels.

6. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Sep 23, 2020

Venky61 , Sep 23, 2020 :
    For QLED it depends on the type of backlight used. Whether it's edgelit, full lit etc. Yes OLEDs are best for avoiding any clouding but they have the disadvantage of burn in. It's all trade-off. Personally as I am using Q1 for almost a year, the picture quality is amazing and the clouding doesn't come at all in my way unless I keep the lights off and look for it.
    Having used both TVs, I enjoy Q1 anytime.

7. Alvinantoz
    Gingerbread Sep 23, 2020

Alvinantoz , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 23, 2020 :
    As I am using U1 I noticed decent amount of backlight bleeding especially when tv boots up or while opening Netflix ( bothe time TV is not displaying anything other than the logos) while watching movies backlight bleeding doesn't that much interfered with viewing experience I hardly ever noticed so this is not a big issue as I am concerned.

So you used both Q1 and U1 and you can clearly differentiate the image quality between the two divce?. I mean playing the same content on both divises and comparing the quality.

8. Venky61

Venky61 , Sep 23, 2020 :
    As U1 doesn't get black enough, the bleeding won't be that prominent. Q1 has local dimming which is great to handle it. And yes, Q1 is far better especially in terms of blacks and contrast levels. Even the Motion Smoothening is better.

Alvinantoz likes this.
  9. Venky61

Venky61 , Sep 23, 2020 :
    But if I haven't used Q1 before, then U1 would seem really good to me too.

Alvinantoz likes this.
  10. Rizkill97
    Eclair Sep 23, 2020

11. Venky61

12. gogula rathnakar reddy
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2020 at 11:39 AM

Venky61 likes this.