What to do if a NON removable Battery phone stalls...any idea?

1. lgoptimusyohan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 23, 2014

lgoptimusyohan , Jun 23, 2014 :
    Hey man this just crossed my mind... as i have never owned a phone with a non removable battery...

what if a non removable battery phone hangs/stalls???

how do i bring it back... as i cant pop the battery out like i used to do and restart the phone?

jimmyst and portree2k like this.
  2. klye113
    Honeycomb Jun 23, 2014

klye113 , Jun 23, 2014 :
    I think you just hold the power button until the screen goes black, just like a desktop computer.

Alternatively, you just wait until it runs out of battery :)

hazzavg likes this.
  3. herbmks

herbmks , Jun 23, 2014 :
    Force a shut down. Depending on the phone it is different for my phone it is holding Power and both Volume buttons.

4. CoachEgghead

CoachEgghead , Jun 23, 2014 :
    Good question! Battery pull always a great means for clearing up rogue battery drain on custom ROMs (in my experience)

5. Loqe
    Froyo Jun 23, 2014

sommersy and jdplasvegas like this.
  6. onnotwisk
    Froyo Jun 23, 2014

onnotwisk , Jun 23, 2014 :
    with my iphone i am usually able to hold down stand-by and home button and it turns of completely

7. sbenson

sbenson , Jun 23, 2014 :
    On Nexus devices and most tablets you just hold the power button until it reboots/powers down.

TeamValor91 likes this.
  8. nicd14
    Froyo Jun 23, 2014

nicd14 , Jun 23, 2014 :
    Soft reset. Don't know how to do it on this phone but, for example, on the samsung s3 you press and hold down the volume, power and home buttons.

9. jdplasvegas
    Froyo Jun 23, 2014

jdplasvegas , Jun 23, 2014 :
    I always got screen shot and reset backwards. Every time I tried to take a screen shot on my old tablet I would hit the power + volume up buttons instead of power + down buttons.

10. lgoptimusyohan

11. sommersy
    KitKat Jun 23, 2014

sommersy , Jun 23, 2014 :
    uhhm...huh.

I've never owned a phone with a sealed battery either, but I'm guessing the old cliché, 'have you tried turning it off and on again' (i.e. hard reboot) applies.

lgoptimusyohan likes this.
  12. portree2k

portree2k , Jun 23, 2014 :
    Great question unfortunately I've got no answer for you.

13. Gslide
    Jelly Bean Jun 23, 2014

14. averyvh
    Gingerbread Jun 23, 2014

averyvh , Jun 23, 2014 :
    it just shuts it down. Then you can boot it up again like normal.

15. lgoptimusyohan

You cant... in my phone it just jams... but then i can always pop the battery out... what about a non removable one like opo ... then what??

16. lgoptimusyohan

yea.. but it could happen to anyone with this new phone, right?.. need to know man..

17. Intertidal
    Honeycomb Jun 23, 2014

Intertidal , Jun 23, 2014 :
    In the nexus 4 you just long press the power button until it shuts down. Then turn back on and it's back to normal. :D

18. Banna
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2014

Banna , Jun 23, 2014 :
    I'm currently using HTC one (m7) and it doesn't have a removable battery as well.
    I've never faced issues with that, besides I have never needed an extra battery etc.. as my phone usage is fair and I have an external one for long trips.

I think that phones with non-removable batteries are neat, you wont need to open it and play around with it's contents..

19. lgoptimusyohan

ok GUYS... SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED!!
    got the solution from a post in XDA...

listen up...
    Possibly no buttons will work... so no resets might work either... and especially when you dont want your battery to start draining... then this is what you have to do...

No matter how jammed the phone is... it most probably will respond to a high priority thread call...

like... receiveing a call... or charging the phone...

so try asking someone to call you... or connect your phone to the charger... if you're lucky... it will shift "the reason its getting jammed" into the background and free up a few resources for starting a high priority thread in the fore ground.. so on getting reception back now..
    immediately use a task killer to get rid of the app thats creating the stalling... then restart your phone!!!;)

20. Grem2014
    Honeycomb Jun 23, 2014