What went down at the 2019 Mod Meet

1. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member Jul 11, 2019

Ruby G., Jul 11, 2019 :
    modmeet003.png

Our forum moderators are OnePlus users who work incredibly hard year-round to keep our forums up and running. As a small way to say thank you, we brought everyone together at the first mod meet about two years ago. We finally held the second Global Community Moderator Event in Shenzhen last week! At our company headquarters, our mods were able to meet with our staff and weigh in on important topics, as well as experience the blistering excitement of Shenzhen.

Workshopping
    Our mod team spent the first two days huddled in close quarters with our staff. They shared feedback on upcoming products, chatted with @Pete about the direction of the company, and gave presentations analyzing the everyday work processes of @Gary C. @Manu J. @Donna L. @Tom B. and many other colleagues.

modmeet001.png

We're excited to see how their community-oriented feedback will help shape the direction of what we do in the coming years. Stay tuned for more details on the output of everyone's brainstorming.

Factory Tour
    On Thursday, the mods spent an afternoon getting a behind-the-scenes peek at how OnePlus devices are made. @Trista W. led the tour and managed not to lose anyone among the machinery. :D

Factorygroup.png

Team-building Time!
    The last day of the mod meet was spent running around the city. The mods split into several teams, experiencing the best parts of the city as they completed scavenger hunt tasks and tackled brain teasers like the ones below.

Collage - Puzzles.png

Food and Fun
    As night fell each day, we came out to play. For some of the mods, this was their first time at karaoke! Surprisingly, this was the hit song of the night.

And of course, food throughout the trip was a dazzling experience. We had a lot of fun sharing the incredible diversity within authentic Chinese food. Here’s a taste some of the meals:

Collage - Food.png

Collage - Food 2.png

For me, some of the most precious memories of the mod meet were from the small moments spent together: joking around while waiting for sessions to start, proudly showing off snacks from our culture, and the genuine care for each other during the trip. Everyone was passionate about improving, achieving and experiencing the best technology, yet incredibly open and friendly - reminding me once again, of what makes the OnePlus community so great.

modmeet002.png

After such an intense week, all of the goodbye hugs and farewells felt bittersweet, even with the knowledge that we would see each other online again the next morning.

A huge thanks to @David Y. @Crystal Z. @Trista W. @dsmonteiro and everyone else who worked hard to make this meet-up possible. And to all the mod friends who couldn't make it this time, we missed you. Look forward to seeing you at the next one. ;)

2. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Jul 11, 2019

camohan, Jul 11, 2019 :
    It was an awesomastic event.

Special thanks to Alicia, @Trista W. @Crystal Z. for taking care of my vegetarian food meal throughout my stay.

In my opinion, this was a more intense and a productive session as compared to London Mod meet. There were several opportunities to explain our thoughts to various process leads. Looking forward for many more years of this meet may be 10 years more.

Fun fact : @Joel Jacob and me had fun singing "Lungi Dance song" in the karaoke session.

3. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jul 11, 2019

Cheetosdust, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Thank you for the recap, @Ruby G. :)

It looks and sounds like a great combination of fun and work, and I can't wait to see when the results start to trickle down to the forums/community. I also loved the video and that ending was a great idea, great transition.

Thank you once again to the teams for what they do and for what they try to do.

That said..

[​IMG]
    ... what a bunch of talented pastry chefs. Thank you, marzipan squad! Stay fluffy :cool:

4. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Jul 11, 2019

camohan, Jul 11, 2019 :
    We were surgeons btw.

5. puma95 Jelly Bean Moderator Jul 11, 2019

puma95, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Thank you for the recap Ruby <3
    Did I told you you were the best writer I could imagine for our team hehe :D

6. Dresa91 Android Q Jul 11, 2019

Dresa91, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Thanks for the sharing @Ruby G. :)
    great to see how OnePlus cares about the mods and with that cares about the community :)
    Looks like our mods had a lot of fun :) they deserved it :)

7. OALEXANDER Indian POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 11, 2019

OALEXANDER, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Thanks for lovely recap @Ruby G. This is truly an awesome experience visiting Mainland , the Company and the Staff along with the Activity day.
    Special thanks to all the coordinators who were involved in the planning and execution of this lovely event and making it a grand success.

8. OALEXANDER Indian POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 11, 2019

OALEXANDER, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Bakers pride.

9. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 11, 2019

10. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 11, 2019

Plenkske, Jul 11, 2019 :
    What an awesome recap @Ruby G. , thanks !!
    And I cant put into words how thankfull I am... the Community Team, OnePlus as a whole and definitely the whole Moderator team has been the best !

11. G_plusone Marshmallow Jul 11, 2019

G_plusone, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Thanks for the awesome Recap Ruby
    Good job @Trista W. :p saving the mods from themselves
    Looks like a lot of Fun ;)
    Now I'm hungry :p

12. luxuskamel Lollipop Jul 11, 2019

luxuskamel, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Amazing! That was probably an intensive time for you guys, I hope you had the best possible experience :)
    Looking forward to expand the mod team?

13. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Jul 11, 2019

Funk Wizard, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Many Thanks for the lovely recap @Ruby G. It feels like yesterday and I miss all of you so much. Thank you once again to the entire team for giving us the opportunity to get to know each other and be a part of this wonderful experience. This was one Epic tour and I look forward to contribute more in the times to come.

Love and hugs to all of you,
    Ansh

14. the_o2 Marshmallow Jul 11, 2019

the_o2, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Thanks for the thread, looks like you guys have awesome fun there :):)

Damn, now I want to be a Mod too xD

15. OALEXANDER Indian POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 11, 2019

16. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Jul 11, 2019

camohan, Jul 11, 2019 :
    It was intense but we took out time to troll each other and had fun.

17. the_o2 Marshmallow Jul 11, 2019

the_o2, Jul 11, 2019 :
    This is why this community is awesome, never seen such things with any other manufacturers yet....
    Hope someone had recorded it, so we have some leaks hears :D:D
    This is what I always want :):)
    Can you upload it or leak it Please :rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

18. maccamania KitKat Senior Moderator Jul 11, 2019

19. An.I.Am Jelly Bean Moderator Jul 11, 2019

An.I.Am, Jul 11, 2019 :
    In the exploring day, our group explored the local cuisine :D So I would like to thank @Ruby G. for the best lunch I ever had in China :)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019

20. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Jul 11, 2019