What went down at the 2019 Mod Meet

1. gaster Lollipop Moderator Jul 11, 2019

gaster, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Thank you very much for the beautiful recap @Ruby G. Personally this one was my best experience ever. To visit the OnePlus HQ while we were watching it only through photos back in 2014, it was so emotional. When I passed through the door and I was inside the HQ, my heart really increased the bpm because all these was a dream for me to experience it.

The desk with all the OnePlus devices until now, was something really sweet and brought back memories. Thank you everyone from the OnePlus staff and team that allowed us to experience such an amazing and magical trip! I met some new people that are definitely wonderful personalities! Can't wait to meet you again as soon as possible guys. It's so sad when we always have to say good bye when the time we have to leave it's coming. It's a pain in my breast :oops: Cheers! Appreciated!

P.S @Ruby G. is the best person to ask for getting food in China. She knows the best restaurants! :rolleyes:

2. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Jul 11, 2019

rarog, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Everybody is infected with it. Indians, American, European... It was a hidden gem highlight of the evening! :laughing:

3. manuel19 KitKat Jul 11, 2019

manuel19, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Thanks a lot @Ruby G. for sharing these wonderful Moments!
    It looks so amazing! I am sure you all had a blast there and must have enjoyed the days in Shenzhen! Also thanks to all of the mods, doing their job on here, every day. :)

Loved reading through this and I am looking forward to more Mod/Community meetups in the future! OnePlus events are always something special and feel like some kind of family meetup.<3

Also shoutout to the quote from @script being a Kartoffel, that really made me chuckle :D

4. YRJ Lollipop Jul 11, 2019

YRJ, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Thanks for the roundup and detailed post @Ruby G. Wew! You guys had a ton of fun. I envy it, but am aware of the time and efforts that the mods put in and I'm happy that OnePlus appreciates them.

Btw, who solved that brain teaser? :p

5. Horsault Marshmallow Moderator Jul 11, 2019

6. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Jul 11, 2019

camohan, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Do you think the infection should be released online?

7. Its.Leandroo The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 11, 2019

Its.Leandroo, Jul 11, 2019 :
    It was such a great week, couldn't wish for a better experience and thank you to everyone making it a success! :D

8. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Jul 11, 2019

rarog, Jul 11, 2019 :
    To quote with a still from one of my favourite cartoons:

[​IMG]

9. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 11, 2019

Plenkske, Jul 11, 2019 :
    So what do you think of the mod family ? Be honest :D

10. Its.Leandroo The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 11, 2019

Its.Leandroo, Jul 11, 2019 :
    What a crazy bunch of people who are awesome to spent time with. But emphasis on crazy.

11. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 11, 2019

Plenkske, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Yes, I blame the forum :p
    Positive crazy tho

12. Its.Leandroo The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 11, 2019

13. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member Jul 11, 2019

Ruby G., Jul 11, 2019 :
    Aha everyone had to solve them to move on, but it was a speed thing.

14. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Jul 11, 2019

rarog, Jul 11, 2019 :
    And my team won! *self-pat on the shoulder*

15. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 11, 2019

youbi, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Seeing those pics and video makes me even more sad i couldn't make it this time. :sweat: It really looks like you guys had a great time and were very well taken cared. :)

I'm also sure you guys tried to the max to pass along the always constant feedback we get from this community, and the things users most look for or complain about.

Online communications can indeed be great and serve its purpose. But for some things, there's nothing like a face to face talk to get the right message delivered and to show exactly what you meant. In an ideal world, it would be great if everyone was allowed to go there and talk face to face with the persons that matter. But like that is obviously impossible I'm glad to see events like the open ears forums, mod meets and pop up events happening all over the world, so that as much people as possible gets a chance to help OnePlus going in the right direction.

16. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Jul 11, 2019

camohan, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Undeserving though :cool::p, we were ahead almost all the time. Three cheers to changfeng.

17. K1560532568494 Eclair Jul 11, 2019

H1541390925824 and G_plusone like this.
  18. script Nougat Moderator Jul 11, 2019

script, Jul 11, 2019 :
    OMG. I love that recap. And every moment. It was an awesome experience, the whole.....trip. Thank you OnePlus, thank you moderator friends, thank you staff family, for caring and hosting us so well. And ofc thx to the community, that brought us all together. Really, community made. I said that often: I'm happy to be part of this.

I'll share some longer video clips soon. :)

Best greetings, Rüdi

And share the nsfw clips internally

19. Aadeshc Froyo Jul 11, 2019

Aadeshc, Jul 11, 2019 :
    looks like you guyzz had really great fun...thank you all the community members for making such amazing experience for users.

idkwhoiam322, G_plusone and script like this.
  20. Horsault Marshmallow Moderator Jul 11, 2019

Horsault, Jul 11, 2019 :
    We had fun indeed.
    But all the fun mustn't hide all the work behind.
    Of course, in first place I'm talking about OnePlus staff work, not only to prepare our coming and all the surprises they could to enjoy us, but also to prepare for workshops, which were the very core of this week.
    They had the opportunity to meet "real users" who, being moderators, are feeling the whole community and could get some feedbacks, questions and comments to go to China with, and all these workshops were very intense because the staff took pleasure in leaking some delicious things to come, and were also able to hear how we reacted, what we thought were the priorities, and what the community would like.

We took a glance of China, and the staff (some of them never travel abroad for the company) got an open window direct to their customers. And if hard work can be done with pleasure, fun and friendship, it's ever better, isn't it?