What’s a better buy, OnePlus TV 55 Q1 or 65 U1S?

1. Moka69
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Moka69 , Jun 30, 2021 :
    10.jpg

Disclaimer: The opinions presented are based on my personal preferences. If you're looking for a detailed review, please check these for U1S and Q1.

Introduction

As you all know that the U1S Series is the latest addition to the OnePlus TV line-up which consists of mid-range LED Y Series, Premium LED U1, and Premium QLED Q1 Series. It seems like U1S lies somewhere between Y Series and U1 model, but brings a whole bunch of new features to the table with them that even Q1 doesn’t have. That being said, consumers will now be in a confusion which model to choose from especially when they are priced exactly at the same level. So, let me compare the bigger display 65’’ U1S with Q1 that are sold at the same price currently.

Getting the Prices Right

Before we begin the comparison of these two, let me throw some light on the true prices of them. Though both the TVs might seem to be priced at ₹62,999 each, there’s a lot more than that. Being the latest launch, U1S comes with some benefits along with it. There is an instant discount of ₹4000 on HDFC Credit and Debit EMI Cards on OnePlus.in, OnePlus Store App, amazon.in, and flipkart.com. Also, if you act early and redeem 2000 RedCoins in Red Cable Prive before it goes out of stock, you can get an additional ₹1000 discount for it (This is only on OnePlus Store App and Website).

Thus, the effective price of U1S would be dropping down to ₹57,999 and Q1 now seems ₹5,000 heavier than the counterpart.

EDIT (on 08/07/2021): The price of OnePlus TV 65U1S has been hiked yesterday by ₹6,000 and it now sells at ₹68,999 (Surely, someone is mad about hitting that 69k spot 🤦‍♂️)

First things first - Picture and Sound Quality

There’s no doubt in saying QLED Display in Q1 is superior to a LED Display in U1S. But, does an average user can feel this difference? I would say rarely. If we’re watching regular 1080p movies or watching content from DTH Channels, it doesn’t matter much. But, you start feeling the once you switch to high-quality content from Netflix, Prime Video, or Apple TV (Yes, it’s available for Android TVs too). U1S lacks Dolby Vision and for such a mammoth display, one would surely expect it considering its predecessor U1 has it. Having used both the TVs myself, I can say 80% of cases, I didn’t notice much of a difference concerning picture quality in both of them.

11.png

Sound - the thing that haunts me about Q1. I used the regular variant of Q1 that doesn’t have a sliding soundbar, yet comes with a 50W output with 4 units of 2.1 Channel with Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos formats along with DTS-HD. You’ll even stop going to theatres once if you started watching movies on Q1 and it’s the only TV that has an in-built sub-woofer in the OnePlus TV line-up. While U1S comes with only 30W output in 2.0 channel supporting only Dolby Audio. However, it has an eARC that can play Dolby Atmos on external soundbars. Q1 is like leaps ahead of U1S in terms of sound quality and you’ll definitely regret your buying decision if you’re a fan of sound effects in Nolan movies wink.

12.png

Display Size

On the specs page, 65” U1S seems only 18.2% larger than 55” Q1, but in reality, it’s completely different. 65” seems very much bigger in size than 55”, and in fact, 65” has a display area of 1809 sq. in. and 55” has 1293 sq. in. You, see? That’s a massive 39.91% increase in the display area for these two variants, which says everything.

Every TV has a Unique Feature, and so do these!

U1S comes with the latest version of Android, 10, and has some excitingly new features like Farfield Voice Control, SpeakNowTM. It also partnered with Dynaudio for co-tuning its speaker setup and has a spooky light setup at the front. Another interesting addition in this line-up is the silent addition of NFC on Remote. Though it wasn’t marketed at all and still in development, having a hardware chip beforehand gives hope for future addition (*Q Series users cough far-field port on top cough).
    Now, let’s see what unique things does a 2-year-old Q1 has, that weren’t replicated till now! Firstly, it’s the remote. God! everyone will love it, be it your mother on first opening the package, elderly misinterpreting as some phone, and even tech-geeky friends who haven’t seen anything that slim and premium. It catches everyone’s eyes for sure. Next would be the touch panel on the bottom of the TV. One can easily turn on/off the TV by simply feathering your fingers at the point and it’ll be addictive too. The materials used are also something unique for Q Series. Be it aluminium on remote, Kevlar on the back panel, or smooth cloth-like material on speaker setup, they tried something new.

Conclusion

13.png

If you’re keen on having a TV that gives the best sound experience, slightly better picture quality, and amazing build quality, I suggest you blindly go for the Q1. If you’re more interested in getting a mammoth display experience at home with the latest features and decent sound, picture quality, U1S is your choice.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jun 30, 2021

Venky61 , Jun 30, 2021 :
    Q1 would be an easy recommendation from me too...But the issue is the availability. It's becoming very tough to get hands on Q1 these days due to stock issues.

WakeAwake, Tobikage and Moka69 like this.
  3. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Jun 30, 2021

WakeAwake, PhotoPicker and Moka69 like this.
  4. Moka69
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Jul 1, 2021

Moka69 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 1, 2021 :
    Yes. I agree stock will be major issue as production will be minimal. Let's hope Q2 comes soon.

WakeAwake likes this.
  5. Moka69

Moka69 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 1, 2021 :
    Yeah. Q1 is a lot better for dark scenes, that's the 20% cases I left out 😜

WakeAwake likes this.
  6. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 1, 2021

Tobikage , Jul 1, 2021 :
    Hello Sir !

I am looking to buy best OnePlus smart TV.
    Which TV will have best support ?

Also please tell any offers ? :D

WakeAwake and Venky61 like this.
  7. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jul 1, 2021

Venky61 , Jul 1, 2021 :
    Did you say best support?:eek:
    [​IMG]

WakeAwake and Tobikage like this.
  8. Moka69

Moka69 , Jul 1, 2021 :
    Lol, I guess Tobi is talking about the support stands and which support will be good as Q1 wobbles a lot with centre support.
    I can say that 65U1S has very good support with dual stands, you'd require a large table for it.

P.S. If you meant some other support, then I am sorry 😂

9. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 1, 2021

Tobikage , Jul 1, 2021 :
    Naah man....of course not that. :sweatsmile:

Yup. :grimacing:

WakeAwake likes this.
  10. Moka69

Moka69 , Jul 1, 2021 :
    Yeah, I was just kidding. All the existing will get the same level of support I guess, including Q1 which received its 7th OTA recently. If you've decided to buy OnePlus Smart TV, then choose any model suiting your needs.

11. Moka69

Moka69 , Jul 1, 2021 :
    @Venky61 Do you know how many years of software support was promised for Q Series? It may get the A10 update in few months, but will it be eligible for A11 Google TV update would be a deciding factor between U1S and Q1

WakeAwake likes this.
  12. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jul 1, 2021

Venky61 , Jul 1, 2021 :
    You still din get the Support he meant :p

3 years of software updates.

WakeAwake likes this.