Whats better, OnePlus 2 or LG G4

1. Deactivated User
    Nov 15, 2015

2. Deactivated User
    Nov 15, 2015

3. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2015

ilovesoneplus , Nov 15, 2015 :
    Leather version is great but if u can afford Note 5 then get that...

4. Deactivated User
    Nov 15, 2015

SunSpear likes this.
  5. You237
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2015

You237 , Nov 15, 2015 :
    In Canada stuff is going to be more expensive, no matter what it is, for the most part.

6. You237
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2015

You237 , Nov 15, 2015 :
    I'm sort of kicking myself now that I own the OP2. :/

7. You237
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2015

You237 , Nov 15, 2015 :
    I don't live in Canada, so it's not my free health care. I've also heard its importing duties, and stuff like that.
    I just said it was going to be more expensive. Like this.
    Screenshot_2015-11-15-15-34-26.png

8. Radeon962
    KitKat Nov 15, 2015

Radeon962 , Nov 15, 2015 :
    I have had both the Nexus 5x and the OnePlus Two. For me, I would take the 5x in a heartbeat over the Two. Camera is miles better and Android 6.0 (without having OnePlus getting their hands in it to mess things up) is awesome.

The OnePlus One with CM was a better phone to me than the Two with OOS. I had my One as my daily driver last year for 7 months. My Two this year lasted less than a week for me before I sold it and moved on.

I already claimed my invite for an X but I'm not getting it as its pretty much useless to me on AT&T in the US. So I'll wait to see what the next Flagship Killer release OnePlus one will hype.

9. Deactivated User
    Nov 15, 2015

jclp and khaniq like this.
  10. 4ren
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2015

4ren , Nov 15, 2015 :
    Bro chill.
    Op2 is not what people make it out to be. Just because you use the NFC often doesn't mean that others do it as well.

11. You237
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2015

You237 , Nov 15, 2015 :
    As soon as you say that, the audio tuner begins to lag. -_-

12. Deactivated User
    Nov 15, 2015

13. felix168
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2015

felix168 , Nov 16, 2015 :
    If it's between the LG G4 and the Oneplus 2, the LG wins all day, everyday of the week. There is no comparison really, from hardware quality to UI stability, the G4 is top notch. Now I would like to know where you can buy a brand new LG G4 for the same price of the Oneplus 2, and I'm talking about one that's factory unlocked in a sealed box with the factory warranty.

As for a fingerprint sensor being a requirement, if you're not residing in the U.S., almost every Chinese phone makers have their top models equipped with fingerprint sensors. And majority of them work flawlessly. And all these phones were worldwide unlocked (except for the U.S., of course).

Radeon962 and leeHTC like this.
  14. leeHTC
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2015

leeHTC , Nov 16, 2015 :
    This is easy for me to answer the G4 is the better phone and yes I have had the oneplus two and believe me it ain't that great to be honest with you,yes the fingerprint unlock is useful but for me the signal strength was terrible and in some places I had no signal at all.
    I have been using the G4 since I sold the oneplus two and its much better than the two in every way,battery life is brilliant and build quality of the G4 is excellent also and the camera on the G4 is very good to and I have to add I do have a m9 and also a m7 and the G4 is better than those except for the speaker strength cos obviously htc phones are superior when it comes to speaker sound.

Sorry but don't bother with the oneplus two and get yourself a G4 instead you will not be disappointed and I am telling you the facts I ain't giving you any BS.

15. delpinsky
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2015

delpinsky , Nov 16, 2015 :
    I will change my OnePlus One only for a phone with a very good camera and audio DAC.

The camera seems to be very good on LG G4...
    https://photographylife.com/reviews/lg-g4-camera

Summary
    "I had a lot of fun testing and reviewing the LG G4 and comparing it to my iPhone 6 Plus. As you can see from this review, the LG G4 has pretty amazing photo features, putting this smartphone way ahead of the iPhone and most of its competition. While the LG G4 is not a DSLR or even a point and shoot camera when it comes to sensor size, image quality, autofocus speed and other features, it is a great smartphone that happens to have a pretty amazing camera and photo capture capabilities. Although I am still getting used to Android’s user interface and its apps, I really do not see big differences in favor of the iOS. Google did a great job with its Android Lollipop operating system and it feels really fluid and intuitive, so if I ever wanted to switch, I don’t think I would hesitate. My only gripe with the LG G4 is its battery life – all this new technology put a heavy burden on the battery, so if you are a heavy user, you might be surprised to see how fast the phone will die. But there is good news: you can buy a few of those batteries and replace them when needed, which is another great feature the LG G4 has that most other smartphones like the iPhone 6 do not".

It's the audio department that seems not so good...
    I don't even find any info about the audio DAC it has build in.
    List of smartphones DACs

The next LG V10 will have:
    32 bit Hi-Fi DAC by ESS Technology

ESS Sabre 9018C2M digital to analog converter chip inside, as well as an ESS 9602C headphone amplifier.

If it doesn't cost a kidney, maybe...
    (400€ is my smartphone price deadline, so I can wait for a phone I like to reach that price)

If it was me, I would wait for the LG V10 :p but clearly it costs more than the LG G4, but in 6 months its price will drop...

16. magnamentis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2015

magnamentis , Nov 16, 2015 :
    ask this question next time before you order LOL the G3 phones have always been in consideration but i they all had some deal breaker spec. for me the best overall phone i ever had and that were more than 20, is the OPO but i like my 2 nexii as well as the OP2 while each one of those others
    has significant flaws, software or hardware wise. with the OP2 it's a bit of a battle right now to get that OS up to speed, it has minimal built in features but blocks many 3rd party solutions, while the hardware is great for my usage, just a bit on the heavy side if i had a choice. etc.

17. Vomitis
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2015

Vomitis , Nov 16, 2015 :
    The oneX won't work on att?
    Sorry if it's off topic, but that struck me as odd.

Radeon962 likes this.
  18. Radeon962
    KitKat Nov 16, 2015

19. el_draco
    Jelly Bean Nov 16, 2015

el_draco , Nov 16, 2015 :
    Then I must be a lucky bastard.

I see a logo. But when I open this forum or xda, I see a huge community behind this phone. From awesome developers to hundreds of users. So the logo's not hard to overlook.

20. el_draco
    Jelly Bean Nov 16, 2015

el_draco , Nov 16, 2015 :
    Don't just assume that if you need NFC, the whole world needs it too. I've had NFC in all my previous phones and tablets and never had to use those for once in my entire life.
    And yes other phones may have forums, but I don't give a dime about forums where there is no development. Oneplus phones have unparalleled developers support from all over the world. The advantage you get only in nexus phones. Show me a phone other than the nexuses which have half as number of custom roms that opo has.

And I haven't said once that lg is bad. Lg is indeed one of the best, right now. I know that. Because You see, I'm not a fanboy.

I've no allegiance to any companies. No company pays me for saying for them. I'm just on the side of the phones which gives the best performance at the best price. And no matter how much you hate op2, it's the phone which qualifies that criteria best right now.

maffs0 and josefn24 like this.