What's difference between sim contact&phone when making new contact via OnePlus 7T Pro 5G

2. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Jul 27, 2021

pablofg1978 , Jul 27, 2021 :
    Phone, it is stored in your phone.
    Sim it is stored in your sim card
    If you change the sim card, your contacts can stay on your phone or on your sim card
    Better to store it on your google account

3. Adult_InThe_Room , via OnePlus 7T Pro 5G , Jul 27, 2021 :
    So if I'd used, or saved prior contacts to sim. After a factory wipe they'll be ready to go? And I wouldn't be entering they manually after factory wipe. Or if I put sim card in another phone, the contacts will be on sim card and made available on the new phone?

4. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Jul 27, 2021

pablofg1978 , Jul 27, 2021 :
    Yes, if you store them on the sim card they will stay safe after the factory reset. The problem is that the space on the sim card is limited. You cannot store a lot of contacts and the info of each contact is also very limited.
    Again, it's best to store the contacts on your Google account. They will save all your contacts, with all the contacts information and you can retrieve them after factory reset

the_o2, Aaron2017 and Tobikage like this.
  5. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 27, 2021

Tobikage , Jul 27, 2021 :
    Yes.

No.

But.... this isn't the 1990s and since your SIM can save only a very limited number of contacts, you save your contacts on the phone and sync them with your Google account so tgey are carried forward to your next device or are safe if you lose your phone.

the_o2 and Adult_InThe_Room like this.