What's happening?? via OnePlus 6

1. MADMAC05
    Froyo Oct 22, 2021

MADMAC05 , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 22, 2021 :
    So, Ever since the latest update I went from a fast phone working almost flawlessly to a sluggish, buggy and full of crashes phone. I had a look around the forum and I see many many people complaining of the same. I've been advised to do a full factory reset and try again to see if it improves, but when you have so much data on your phone like I do, a back up isn't just a quick and easy solution.
    So far, I really couldn't complaint about the performance of the phone or even battery life, which naturally went down over the years, but now?! Battery lasting 4/5 hours with normal use when before it would easily last 10?!

How could 1+ mess this up so badly?! I can't help but wonder if we aren't being submitted to the same kind of update that iPhone users had in the past where phones were intentionally slowed down for the sake of "Battery Life" aka "You should buy a new phone".

This is only my personal opinion and it's obviously not based on quantitative facts, rather on a personal experience and general feeling I get from reading so many of the threads and answers in this community. I do hope I'm wrong...

2. rhyd1am
    KitKat Community Expert Oct 22, 2021

rhyd1am , Oct 22, 2021 :
    Hi, please use the existing official update thread for any discussion regarding the update.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-11-1-1-1-for-the-oneplus-6-and-oneplus-6t.1502539/

Whilst I realise your device, usage etc will be different to mine and I am not blind to the issues that 6 series users are having with the latest updates. I can say that my 6T is still running excellently.

I have all important data backed up at all times. Once you set things up to backup on a regular basis, it really doesn't take much time at all.

I sympathize with the situation, but honestly a factory reset is very advisable after a major Android version update, and would very likely solve a lot (if not all) of the issues you're having 🙂

MADMAC05 likes this.
  3. MADMAC05
    Froyo Oct 22, 2021

MADMAC05 , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 22, 2021 :
    I will try to gain some courage and do it, however, I've had my phone since the day it launched and never had these sorts of issues before. Yes, theres always something that goes buggy in an update, some apps might misbehave, etc., but such a downgrade in the overall performance of the phone is just very strange and raises a few eyebrows..

rhyd1am likes this.