What's Next for OnePlus

1. TDroid074
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2015

TDroid074 , Apr 9, 2015 :
    The One was a major success, no one can argue that. It has helped and continues to help OnePlus grow into a reputable company. In order for OnePlus to grow, it has to introduce new products. The first thing that comes to mind is a new phone but OnePlus makes thin margins off the product selling at or near cost. What I'd like to see is innovative software and services. If OnePlus were to have longer refresh cycles, it could take the time innovating both hardware and software. What do you guys think?

pbergonzi likes this.
  2. prstorero
    Jelly Bean Apr 9, 2015

3. CountryBoyCRO
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 9, 2015

4. TheGiver
    Eclair Apr 9, 2015

TheGiver , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Is the OnePlusTwo going to be a real thing? Oxygen certainly isn't going to carry them far.

Chriss29 likes this.
  5. redleema
    KitKat Apr 9, 2015

maansg, Oscar Kjaer, AlbertTY and 5 others like this.
  6. M4ENY
    KitKat Apr 9, 2015

M4ENY , Apr 9, 2015 :
    100 percent with you on their Oxygen being one of their selling points for not only the OnePlus One but also their next phone.
    @CountryBoyCRO that is the worst move they can make as a company that can't take huge risks of product failures. Smartwatch is too niche to be bothered with atm, tablets are really saturated in market just like phones except phones in general cost alot more than their offerings so they have a chance.

What OnePlus needs to focus on their Oxygen and making OnePlus Two with the same mindset as the first giving us a flagship at a fraction of the price

meatandy, prstorero and redleema like this.
  7. d1beats
    Jelly Bean Apr 9, 2015

d1beats , Apr 9, 2015 :
    I think they pushed back the date on the op two so they can focus more on oxygen since it will more than likely be the os on the device. I think they should stick with cyanogen but still work on oxygen in the background. Smart watch and style swap backs would be nice..

8. sonygoup
    Honeycomb Apr 9, 2015

9. lostLambda
    Lollipop Apr 9, 2015

10. Jasmohit
    Jelly Bean Apr 9, 2015

Jasmohit , Apr 9, 2015 :
    I think rather than trolling on blogs and forum they should do some serious work

11. Jasmohit
    Jelly Bean Apr 9, 2015

Jasmohit , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Meh food will even have oxygen

RedWarrior and lostLambda like this.
  12. dirtydancer15
    Donut Apr 9, 2015

pbergonzi likes this.
  13. fra741
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2015

14. pbergonzi
    KitKat Apr 9, 2015

pbergonzi , Apr 9, 2015 :
    That's why we have OxygenOS. This is the introduction--it will be much better by the time their next device is released, and better on ours, too.

Takendown and prstorero like this.
  15. ketut.kumajaya
    Honeycomb Apr 9, 2015

ketut.kumajaya , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Turning to a completely closed system development (OxygenOS) disappointed me, don't expect to be good community support for OnePlus Two. Don't expect the kernel source will be available even the devices are already on the market. OnePlus will start violate the kernel GPL license, beware o_O

From developer point of view, OxygenOS is a really a bad jump :confused:

16. TDroid074
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2015

I totally agree with you, cyanogenmod is a dominant software platform that in part helped OnePlus market its first phone. I believe they should renew a partnership as cyanogenmod also greatly benefited from OnePlus as well. But they should also take the time to develop and further optimize OxygenOS because that will be one of OnePlus's key source of revenue in the future

d1beats and pbergonzi like this.
  17. s-hfarooq
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 9, 2015

s-hfarooq , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Maybe they'll make a $800 smartphone (where they make around $20 profit per device and no advertising) that dominates everything else
    Or they may launch a smartwatch, tablet, laptop, or smart home accessory

Or they could just launch their next budget phone

18. pbergonzi
    KitKat Apr 9, 2015

pbergonzi , Apr 9, 2015 :
    OxygenOS will keep them from being dependent on a volatile environment.
    It will give them stability and autonomy. As they improve it, and with the help of customer feedback, I think we will see something very nice.

19. shivamshah1733
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2015

shivamshah1733 , Apr 9, 2015 :
    The oneplus activity band?

Smartwatch would be nice but not game changing..

Tablet market is saturated...

If the opo2 were to come out, oxygen os would have to be greatly updated.

20. TDroid074
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2015

I totally agree, the OS is still young and if OnePlus goes with longer product cycles it will have a very nice OS when the OnePlus Two comes out. I think OnePlus should develop apps for the Google Play Store that can be downloaded by other OEMs. Also it will help market the OnePlus brand as well as help OnePlus develop a new revenue stream

Takendown, LeighS and pbergonzi like this.