What's the best/most stable Lollipop ROM right now?

?

What's the best/most stable Lollipop ROM right now?

1. CM12 Nightlies

41.5%
  2. Paranoid Android

5.4%
  3. SlimLP

2.2%
  4. BlissPop

10.2%
  5. LiquidSmooth

4.8%
  6. EuphoriaOS

5.0%
  7. Temasek's Build

2.4%
  8. Resurrection Remix

3.2%
  9. Vanir/Exodus

16.6%
  10. Other (State in your comments/replies)

8.6%
  1. Shub91 Honeycomb Feb 27, 2015

Shub91, Feb 27, 2015 :
    Thanks for the headsup staying on 25th

2. Jael Pendragon KitKat Feb 27, 2015

TeamValor91 likes this.
  3. forid-786 Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 27, 2015

forid-786, Feb 27, 2015 :
    I did a full wipe and reflashed 26 because I had a few issues where it doesn't boot when I restart. Maybe because I came from the dodgy 20th build through updates. After the wipe and reflash, everything is good. About your navigation bar...Are you in immersive mode?

Forget all that, just do a full backup of your cm11s rom, then wipe and flash this ROM as the default ROM as standard.

I usually have my phone on silent, but I just tested it now and yea I can hear the annoying 'berr' 'berr' sounds, when I'm on a chat and a new message comes in. If I'm out of WhatsApp, then I get my normal notification sound as standard.

Might be one of those apps have issues on Lollipop, did you try flashing Franco? Another thing I discovered is that, it's actually better to cleanly start on Lollipop. What I mean by that is that, when you backup apps with Titanium Backup on Kitkat, then restore on Lollipop, it can sometimes give issues. If you can, start afresh and download the apps from the Play Store. Otherwise, if that's not an option, restore the apps onto a Lollipop ROM. Then go into your recovery, wipe the cache and dalvik cache, this will force all the apps to optimise and compile again. After that optimising screen goes on the first boot after wipe, delete all your Titanium backups, and backup everything again. Then... wipe the entire ROM, reflash then restore. This is a very long process, I know. But it will be helpful in the long run, I used to have a lot of issues when I first came to Lollipop (LiquidSmooth and unnoficial CM12 builds) I had all sorts of weird issues. After doing all this, and backing up the apps from Lollipop, most of those issues with force closes are resolved.

adlibitum likes this.
  4. chvzedgar Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 27, 2015

5. forid-786 Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 27, 2015

forid-786, Feb 27, 2015 :
    That explains it! I tried it too, and it seemed to work fine. I use adaway, and honestly. It's the best adblocker on Android there is. Since installing it, I've not even seen a single ad in either apps or browsing!

Yes, and it has Gapps and SuperSU survival :)

adlibitum likes this.
  6. gt5679a Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 27, 2015

gt5679a, Feb 27, 2015 :
    Having a strange issue after installing the Exodus ROM and not sure if it's a ROM issue, or an app issue, or what. (Heck, the install last night might not even be related.)

When I long press home button it opens google now, as I have it set to do and it should.

My issue is that my cards no longer show up and when I go into settings the toggle for shown cards is grayed out and there is a network error message. The only thing I can do is search from the search bar.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I have cleared cache for the google app, uninstalled updates and reinstalled, tried wiping cache through recovery and nothing had worked.

I'm thoroughly stumped.

7. bhoopesh Donut Feb 28, 2015

bhoopesh, Feb 28, 2015 :
    With daily build there is also given a file of firmware update. Can anyone tell me what's the use and how to use this file?

8. adlibitum Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 28, 2015

adlibitum, Feb 28, 2015 :
    Settings / Display / Brightness adjustments :

When I choose "Status bar swipe" as a option, the slider in quick settinds panel is still there sometimes.

9. jonathanBogaert5 Eclair Feb 28, 2015

jonathanBogaert5, Feb 28, 2015 :
    Screenshot_2015-02-28-08-17-59.png
    I'm only getting this stats with this ROM and franco kernel r39.. Can someone help me?
    My battery is at 45%

10. dylandelaaf Eclair Feb 28, 2015

dylandelaaf, Feb 28, 2015 :
    Same problem.. Drains real quick. 25th build and fk r39. If my next cycle is still this bad im gonna go back to stock.

11. FXA Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 28, 2015

FXA, Feb 28, 2015 :
    Maybe they stopped development or OPO is not supported anymore :/

12. Shub91 Honeycomb Feb 28, 2015

Shub91, Feb 28, 2015 :
    What is the approximate battery backup that you are getting?
    For example on the same build and kernel I am getting from 90% to 35% time on battery is 1 day 21 hours and SOT of 4hours and 15 mins.

13. Reloaded Honeycomb Feb 28, 2015

Reloaded, Feb 28, 2015 :
    Blisspop 5.0.2 lollipop + Franco kernel it the best so far and lots of features.

14. dylandelaaf Eclair Feb 28, 2015

Yesterday i struggled to get 6 hrs of SOT. Not even close to heavy use. Today it seems to be around the same if not worse. If it doesnt improve tomorrow do you have any suggestions? Like wiping the phone and do a fully clean flash again?

Could you tell me what exact steps you took when flashing this rom and kernel. This is my first time rooting/flashing anything so I might have screwed up part of it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015

15. gt5679a Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 28, 2015

gt5679a, Feb 28, 2015 :
    Gave this ROM a try, but was having a lot of force close issues with apps. Also had that strange issue with Google Now (though it appears to unrelated to flashing the ROM). In any event, I went back to LiquidSmooth, which I had been running for a few months. Might give this one another shot soon, but for now I'm sticking with LS.

16. Shub91 Honeycomb Feb 28, 2015

Shub91, Feb 28, 2015 :
    Yeah you could try a clean flash.
    Turn off and Reboot into recovery.
    1. Go to wipe and Factory Reset.
    2. Go to Install and flash ROM zip, gapps, Franco and Titanium zip file. (in the same order)
    3. Reboot.

17. forid-786 Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 28, 2015

forid-786, Feb 28, 2015 :
    Works well for me without issues, I'm in the U.K btw, if location ever had a factor.

You need to set franco to power saving profile using the app.

Build 25/26 was good for me, but corrently I'm on 27 and it's horrible.

If you haven't flashed build 27 yet, stay away from it. Battery life is atrocious, even with franco (although about 1.2x better). Had the phone on my desk, checked the notifcations a few times very briefly. And it lost over 20% WTH.

Not sure what the issue is in this build, but it murders my battery like a hot knife going through butter. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next build.

@Shub91 How did you manage to get nearly 11 hours SOT? I've got pretty much the same settings as you and achieve about 6-7 hours. Which isn't bad at all, however, I would like to achieve the 11 hours you get. I've got Franco kernel, latest, running on power saving, and I've also greenified all the apps. And I do not use any Google services, such as play music, play book, movies etc, and have disabled it all. Since I'm planning to go on holiday, and this would be very helpful on the plane and whatnot.
    Thanks

18. dylandelaaf Eclair Feb 28, 2015

Wipe all data as well? Which boxes do I tick? Ill try this tomorrow. Thanks for helping me out with this. Any gapps suggestions?

Edit: no need for firmware update?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015

19. forid-786 Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 28, 2015

forid-786, Feb 28, 2015 :
    Press advanced wipe, then tick all except for internal data, and OTG. And, the best Gapps is the PA Gapps, which I have linked to in the original post. It's good for many reasons, because it is regularly updated, it cleans up after itself and it fixes permissions.

adlibitum likes this.
  20. dylandelaaf Eclair Feb 28, 2015

Thanks! Will try it. This keeps all my files right? Ill only loose apps I guess. Or could you help me out with one last thing. How does titanium backup work?