What's the crime in being a cupcake?

1. roxfars
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

roxfars , Aug 15, 2015 :
    So, recently I joined the oneplus community in hopes of getting a oneplus 2. During my short time in the forum I noticed that some people really dislike cupcakes, or people who recently joined the site in hopes of getting an invite. Ok, fine. I get it. Some of you are dedicated members, people who actually care more than just getting an invite. That's fine with me, but what is the crime in just wanting an invite?

Personally i think all of us have a reason for being here, we all have our stories. I want all the cupcakes (an none cupcakes) to rise up. Tell me, tell us, your story. Lets keep it simple. What's your current life situation, how did you hear about oneplus and why do YOU want one?

I can begin :)
    I'm 19 y/o female from Sweden. In about a week from now I gonna start college studying graphic game design and animation. I found out about oneplus last year around Christmas when my brother got a oneplus. My current phone has been broken for about 3 months now, It's basically falling apart. Money is quite tight atm, so a oneplus 2 would be a real life saver for me.

Feel free to reply with your own story, cheers!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015

2. Purealoha
    Gingerbread Aug 15, 2015

Purealoha , Aug 15, 2015 :
    There's no crime or shame at all. We all have been there. I've been a member since March 2014 and I'm very active, but I don't post much so my status is lower than it should. The issue, in my mind, is that a lot of new member sign and expect an invite and start complaining. It's not necessarily being a cupcake, but most of the idiotic posts come from cupcakes. I hope that makes sense.

3. bikas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 15, 2015

bikas , Aug 15, 2015 :
    There's absolutely no problem in being cupcake. Everybody was once a cupcake or newbie (before this rating was introduced).
    Some people with more posts simply acts like jerk a lot of time which is disheartening.

Meanwhile I've one issue - creating thread without searching the forum. But to be honest, it's not just the cupcake to be blamed. Others are culprit of this crime too.

4. r6174
    Jelly Bean Aug 15, 2015

r6174 , Aug 15, 2015 :
    Firstly Welcome to forum...

You will understand soon what cupcakes gonna do... BTW no one hates cupcakes. As they are new to forum without reading forum rules will be doing some annoying things like creating new threads unwantedly, posting duplicate threads etc so some of the old forum members think (internally) that something gonna happen

Paldron, Milad, CamiloElPilo and 6 others like this.
  5. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Aug 15, 2015

SoniaB , Aug 15, 2015 :
    No crime being a cupcake at all. I love them :)

Enjoy your time on the forum. Welcome to the community.

6. somnathmukher
    Jelly Bean Aug 15, 2015

Knicks7 likes this.
  7. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Aug 15, 2015

Paldron, jeevan805 and Pradeep071097 like this.
  8. roxfars
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

roxfars , Aug 15, 2015 :
    Thanks mate! :3

9. guijan12
    KitKat Aug 15, 2015

guijan12 , Aug 15, 2015 :
    No crime at all in being a cupcake.
    Everyone started as one.

Please participate in the forum and have fun.

Crime only starts when people only join to beg for invites and do this in every thread they find.

10. roxfars
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

roxfars , Aug 15, 2015 :
    I kind of get the feeling some people think they are better than some others, no matter the rank. Some people have a bad attitude i feel. Thanks mate! :)

11. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Aug 15, 2015

MentalDraco , Aug 15, 2015 :
    There are cupcakes that are damn engineers in the phone department :)) so you can t judge a cupcake by its frosting :) sure there are some, just ignore trolls and don t mind them :))

12. roxfars
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

roxfars , Aug 15, 2015 :
    Haha, true that! I'm just gonna do my thing! But in all honestly I'm here to learn more about the community until I get an invite. :p

Deepak.Si and MentalDraco like this.
  13. Ivanpoocky13
    KitKat Aug 15, 2015

Ivanpoocky13 , Aug 15, 2015 :
    Some people have grown stereotypes and pre-judgements because there are some cupcakes who spam all over the forums asking for invites and they really become annoying. In your case you seem like a pretty educated woman, and I really hope tou can soon get an invite. Welcome to the Forums!

14. roxfars
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

roxfars , Aug 15, 2015 :
    I can understand the frustration :/ That's very nice of you to say! Thanks mate! :D

15. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Aug 15, 2015

MentalDraco , Aug 15, 2015 :
    Ok :) and welcome to the invite hunt then :) with the rest of us

redscott86 and roxfars like this.
  16. kaizk
    Froyo Aug 15, 2015

kaizk , Aug 15, 2015 :
    they feel threatened mate.... if you have nothing else to do in life and you spend all you time on this forum what can you expect...

chill and dont give a f*** :)

redscott86 and roxfars like this.
  17. Ivanpoocky13
    KitKat Aug 15, 2015

Ivanpoocky13 , Aug 15, 2015 :
    :D:D:p

18. sitanshu1234
    Donut Aug 15, 2015

19. roxfars
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

roxfars , Aug 15, 2015 :
    May the best man or woman win ;)

Paldron and MentalDraco like this.
  20. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Moderator Aug 15, 2015

Maximus Decimus Meridius , Aug 15, 2015 :
    Welcome and enjoy the forums!. Wanting an invite isnt that bad. :) (but there are rules here. And for a reason too! Dont worry, you should be able to find great threads here that will explain)

Excalibur60, Oyathnkso, JHong and 5 others like this.