What's the real reason you bought an oneplus one

1. MayOrMayNotBeMe
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

MayOrMayNotBeMe , Aug 11, 2014 :
    My 4 year old phone is in desperate need of a replacement and for the price and specs, you cant really find anything better than the OnePlus!

2. ExTanvy
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 11, 2014

ExTanvy , Aug 11, 2014 :
    The invite system and the rarity. And I won an invite sooo I just went ahead with it.

3. fengfenglee
    Froyo Aug 11, 2014

fengfenglee , Aug 11, 2014 :
    And
    are you sure this phone is for you then? Cuz sounds to me that you will have to be very technical on top of being very lucky (to get to buy and to get a proper one) to own this phone

4. bishs
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

bishs , Aug 11, 2014 :
    My reason is their astounding bang for the price. If I don't like it for some reason there are a bunch of people that would be willing to take it off my hand... so it is not a big risk either. Mine is arriving tomorrow.

5. bishs
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

bishs , Aug 11, 2014 :
    It does have a number "One" in it though... two of them in fact! :)

6. fengfenglee
    Froyo Aug 11, 2014

Interesting thought, yes if you can have zero issues with the phone when it arrives.

7. Babodre
    Eclair Aug 11, 2014

8. bishs
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

bishs , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Like I said, the low risk for me makes it possible for me to buy this phone on a test basis. Of course, I'm hoping my unit will not have any deal breaking faults. The one thing that definitely tilted me in favor of this phone is its privacy management features - I'm surprised not many reviewers have talked about this absolutely, hugely important feature, one that I've been awaiting for ages.

9. davidicke
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2014

davidicke , Aug 11, 2014 :
    just cuz I may be a little long in the tooth doesn`t mean I don`t understand android. I've lived through countless operating systems on computers and still learning. as to being lucky we will just have to see.

10. esmailbeguwala
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

11. balaram.kakkat
    Eclair Aug 11, 2014

12. givemeyoursoul
    KitKat Aug 11, 2014

givemeyoursoul , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Gonna use it to pick up the hot geek girl at work. Her panties are gonna drop so fast when I whip this shit out......

Kevin Dub likes this.
  13. adam805
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

Kevin Dub likes this.
  14. agold777
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2014

agold777 , Aug 11, 2014 :
    High-end specs at reasonable price, unlocked and not loaded with typical carrier bloatware and unique brand. Everyone has an iPhone or Samsung but this is truly unique. I know we're all taking a chance but hopefully the quality will hold up and we'll all be happy customers for a long time.

15. Stew2
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2014

Stew2 , Aug 11, 2014 :
    I read up on the phone a while ago and joined the forum on July 20th with the intent of trying to get an invite. I did get one towards the end of the month and immediately impulse bought the phone. My son is a tech nut and his old Samsung Galaxy was due for replacement so I gave it to him. Sadly he's not getting the use out of it that I thought he would, but he still likes it :).

I was trying to garner another invite for myself but after reading up on the reception problems and noticing the poor signal strength and lower speeds that my son is getting compared to his old Galaxy I think I'm going to hold off and see if OPO get's all the bugs worked out before I buy another. Luckily my current phone is just fine so I don't have to have a replacement right away.

The community is pretty awesome though, and the mods do a good job of keeping things in check. I've had a lot of fun hanging out here and trying to help others when I could :).

16. fengfenglee
    Froyo Aug 11, 2014

No offence meant in my previous post

17. JuanL
    KitKat Aug 11, 2014

JuanL , Aug 11, 2014 :
    I had been looking for a phone fir a while... With while i mean st least 7, 8 months... Lr even more... When i saw the OPO in and MKBHD video i liked it, imagined it was really expensive, saw it was cheap, and got to the page...

Then i started liking the specs... Slowly wanting it more and more... I found it the ONLY, reslly only phone i would like to own, the only one that suited me...

I started beig active, etc, etc...

My phone broke... Needed a phone
    Got a tenporary nokia 208...

I was just going to buy xperia z1 as z2 was really expensive and was not far away from z1... Also z2 had same soecs as OPO... So i loved it!

The day i was going to pay for it, i got an invite... Cancelled order, boight opo and now i love it...

18. davidicke
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2014

davidicke , Aug 11, 2014 :
    no offence taken. Everyone uses their phone differently but I guess like everyone else I just want the best.

19. Fenez
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

20. MidnightJava
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2014

MidnightJava , Aug 13, 2014 :
    Price and specs plus design, as well as coming stock with CM, and an optimized CM at that. My HTC Inspire 4G bit the concrete, so I finally had a reason to get a phone that doesn't take 3 seconds to go from one screen to the next. I wanted to get a flagship phone, was settling on the G3, and my wife was going to be really upset when she saw the price tag. Wit the OP I was able to tell her that I saved $200, so I couldn't afford not to buy it. I bought it, and she bought it, so I'm a happy OPO owner.