What's the real reason you bought an oneplus one

1. fengfenglee
    Froyo Aug 13, 2014

fengfenglee , Aug 13, 2014 :
    Every success to OnePlus and nail to them to the wall for every mistake, that which doesn't kill them makes them stronger.

I like this part, hopefully Oneplus two really delivers

2. bLoodYHandZ04
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 13, 2014

3. nigelhealy
    KitKat Aug 13, 2014

nigelhealy , Aug 13, 2014 :
    So do I but of course them being around needs us to support OnePlusOne not OnePlusTwo.

I've been involved in ordering 5 and i only ever received 1 invite myself. I guess my big helping period is to come, personally I don't throw invites into the forum you get bots and those wanting to sell on ebay and I avoid people looking for perfection as they'll just find reason to complain and put off people for unreasonable reasons.

4. nigelhealy
    KitKat Aug 13, 2014

nigelhealy , Aug 13, 2014 :
    Good. :)

Bad.o_O

5. bLoodYHandZ04
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 13, 2014

bLoodYHandZ04 , Aug 13, 2014 :
    hahaha well - exclusivity might be bad due to the reason that only some on your location might have it.
    But if you get one they can just wet their pant looking on it. LOL - Hoping to get the phone without the invite system on the future of course.

6. jeevakau
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2014

7. sjraman79
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2014

sjraman79 , Aug 13, 2014 :
    When I had the LG phone, after few months didn't work, because its prepaid phone I don't have a support. If i need a customer support next to me, then i have to buy a phone from best buy and get the service from them which will be 160$ more again.

Here if i had an issue i am getting a email properly from customer support and forum has decent help. I would experience depends on the situation, so i can't comment on this.

8. Theendgamelv3
    Froyo Aug 13, 2014

Theendgamelv3 , Aug 13, 2014 :
    I would argue that Microsoft being a huge company that it is could afford to do more QA. I don't give them that pass. I have had 0 hardware issues, most people I have seen with the phone have 0 hardware issues. Smaller company, less QA bigger risk. At the same time, I am not ignorant of the yellow tint issue or any other issues that people have with the phone. I knew the risk of a new company and being a early adopter. I would also say that because there are only 2 big communities for the OP (here and reddit) and not everyone knowing about the product, you will see a more concentration of people reporting problems. For example if there are 100k OPO sold and typical industry failure rate is 3-5% and a lot of them are on the forum, that is 3-5 thousand people having problems. That sounds like a lot, but it isn't overall. That too would give the appearance that the phone is bad.

9. guppykang
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2014

10. snowylower
    Froyo Aug 13, 2014

snowylower , Aug 13, 2014 :
    i have used every phone there is and i wanted something different and that interested me, so im waiting for my 64gb one to be delivered

11. epresnell1
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2014

epresnell1 , Aug 13, 2014 :
    The specifications, the fact that it doesn't have all of the bloatware and you can change the way the processor and alot of other things on it works. I've had mine a few weeks and haven't had any of the problems with it that I've seen on here so I guess I've been very fortunate.

12. lschoem
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2014

lschoem , Aug 13, 2014 :
    My phone was stolen and I was looking to switch from iPhone to Nexus. I work for a mobile operator for about a year know, always had Apple products but experimented more and more with Android within by job.

I hate the fact that Apple is such a closeted organization which sets barriers for partnering companies to innovate and create all sorts of lock-ins to buy every single product they create. Like not making it possible to use a mouse on your iPad just so you would have a reason to buy the Mac. Or being basically the only one not using the universal standard for chargers. Their ridiculously high prices, also for old models. The process of approval for launching an app in the App Store. I can go on and on ☺️. It wasn't this bad before I worked in the telecoms industry though.

Anyway, I decided I wanted to switch to Nexus. I know that Google is just another giant company, but I liked the specs and the price. When researching more on Nexus and when the next model would come out I came across OPO. Even better! I was hooked the moment I saw it:

- Specs, especially the 64G memory
    - Price, easy to buy in a whim with the 24h invite validity
    - Design, sandstone back and texture, can't wait for the bamboo cover!
    - Highly praised in (expert) reviews and on community
    - The disruptive approach with invite system
    - Indie start-up company with ideals and a 'why' I believe in, never settle for less!
    - No service part felt more a less covered because the created a whole expert community around OPO (at least for the software part)

My colleagues that manage the hardware portfolio found out today I got the OPO and are trying to buy me off with everything they got. "Come on, I give you the gold S5 for it and I give you a Note3 on top of it too!" No way!

Deactivated User likes this.