What's the story behind your username?

1. YRJ Lollipop Aug 12, 2019

YRJ, Aug 12, 2019 :
    This is a star thread for CUBE, check more excellent content here.
    story behind username.png

What's in a name?

Hello Community,
    Ever since it all started in 2013, we've come a long way. The forums continue to grow, with new users joining everyday we are now 2 Million+ strong!
    We meet new people here everyday.
    Do you remember the first day you signed up on these forums?

Right from the time you created an account you've had a username. Username is your identity, something that's unique to you.
    Unless you've had your real name or are still stuck with the auto assigned L1234XXXX / N1234XXX usernames, we believe that your username has a story of its own.

We invite you to share those stories with us!

Don't have a username, yet?
    No worries, better late then never. You can change your username right away. Just follow these steps below:
    • Follow this link from a mobile browser: https://www.oneplus.com/customer/info#/
    • Scroll to the username section and click on the edit button. Screenshot_20190812-132850.jpg
    • Next enter your desired username, check it and click on save changes. Screenshot_20190812-133125.jpg
    Note: You can change your username only once. Make sure to double check before clicking the 'Save Changes' button.

Voila! Done. Congratulations on your new username. You can also set a new avatar image on the same page. You may want to logout and sign in again for the changes to take effect.
    Once done, come back here and share with us your username stories!

The community team will randomly choose 2 -5 stories to give away a OnePlus wooden bookmark set every week until Sept 6.

When was the last time a forum username piqued your interest? Feel free to tag a user whose username story, you'd like to hear.
    Can't wait to read your stories.

Regards,
    YRJ

2. Crystal Z. Global Community <3 Staff Member Aug 20, 2019 at 4:02 AM

Stickied Post
    Crystal Z., Aug 20, 2019 at 4:02 AM :
    So many interesting stories! As I said, every story is a winning entry, but we'll still randomly select some usernames to give away the OnePlus wooden bookmark set, here're the names for the first week:
    @Impersonal @Drasm19 @PKaiser @mike_krb
    We'll contact the winners when all the winners are announced on Sept 6.

We'll select 2-5 winners per week until Sept 6. If you haven't got a username, you still have time to change.

3. David Y. Global Community Manager Staff Member Aug 12, 2019

David Y., Aug 12, 2019 :
    I am a foodball football fan and David Beckham was pretty famous in 2002. I was lazy so that's it.

My previous English name was Mike, together with my Chinese name it sounds like "Microphone" so I stopped using it in middle school.

My Chinese name pronounces like "home phone", wait, maybe that's why I am working for a smartphone company. Dang!

Themurtuza, suhantm, Mbahmu and 52 others like this.
  4. TibiTibi Nougat Aug 12, 2019

TibiTibi, Aug 12, 2019 :
    Maybe it was a bug in the login validator.
    I'm Tibi but the system refused my name.
    So instead of giving numbers I just duplicated my name. Otherwise I'm Badman.:cool:
    Echo on.

5. luxuskamel Lollipop Aug 12, 2019

luxuskamel, Aug 12, 2019 :
    A classmate once showed me this hilarious webpage kamelopedia.net and I was amazed how cool it was. Our scouts team was split and we had to come up with a new name. Names for scout teams are usually animals. But I prefer the less known animals. So I had the idea of calling us luxuskamele (luxury camels). Idk how but then I also started using it as online nickname :p

6. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Aug 12, 2019

camohan, Aug 12, 2019 :
    I would like to invite @Punk_69 to share his story on the uniqueness of username.

7. G_plusone Marshmallow Aug 12, 2019

Bouncer71, jlasensiofi, rva and 14 others like this.
  8. G_plusone Marshmallow Aug 12, 2019

G_plusone, Aug 12, 2019 :
    It would have changed more times if you didn’t warn him about frequent Change of Username :rolleyes:;)
    Right @Punk_69

9. JelleZon KitKat Aug 12, 2019

JelleZon, Aug 12, 2019 :
    I played Tony hawk's American wasteland online on PC .
    There was a player called JelLeZoN_THAPS or something and he was one of the best players in game.

I just copied his name in every other game I played and now everywhere else haha

10. Discostu Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2019

Discostu, Aug 12, 2019 :
    I wish I had some amazing, thought provoking, life changing story to my username. Sadly however it was as simple as this - My friends call me DiscoStu because of how many Landrover Discoveries I have owned and because my name is Stuart. So a lot of my friends started calling me "DiscoStu"...

And, well, it stuck... despite the fact that I sold my last discovery about 5 years ago and moved to Audi. AudiStu just doesn't have the same ring to it....

1565609429941.jpg

11. Moin2200 KitKat Aug 12, 2019

Moin2200, Aug 12, 2019 :
    I've been using the same username since I was 11 years old.
    It might be outdated and not that snappy but it was the first thing I used when I started using the internet on my ipod touch and has stuck by me ever since.

Though a few new usernames I enjoy using is trickster or Zombiechrist.

12. niko2931 Eclair Aug 12, 2019

niko2931, Aug 12, 2019 :
    I've used this username for several different forums, and it has just stuck with me! Especially because others havent used mine yet on the sites i use, at least.

13. thegreatv Gingerbread Aug 12, 2019

thegreatv, Aug 12, 2019 :
    My name is Varun and I feel great using a OnePlus device and thus thegreatv! :smile:
    Well have been using this username for many other apps so just continuing with it so as to not forget.

PARIM777, buntycubal, Ruby G. and 2 others like this.
  14. OALEXANDER Indian POC Assistant Head Moderator Aug 12, 2019

15. luxuskamel Lollipop Aug 12, 2019

An authentication protocol ?!?

16. Wonderwoman13 Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2019

Wonderwoman13, Aug 12, 2019 :
    my story is definitely quite predictable.

They say there's a hero inside each one of us, mine happens to be the wonderwoman (and yes, also if someone's into making superhero movies, I'm ready to be the next Gal Gadot! hahahah jk)

I've been fangirling wonderwoman ever since the character and movies have come into existence.
    And I could relate myself a lot with her character portrayed (atleast that's what I believe, haha), as in being rebellious, believing in the power of love, being compassionate, down to earth, etc etccc

and I've added number 13 to my username just because it's my favorite number and I thought it would probably differentiate me from other wonderwoman fangirls here. lol. that's it.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019

17. Arsh2234 Donut Aug 12, 2019

buntycubal and G_plusone like this.
  18. luxuskamel Lollipop Aug 12, 2019

I support that!!

... you are a Swiftie? Just like @YRJ and me <3

19. YRJ Lollipop Aug 12, 2019

YRJ, Aug 12, 2019 :
    It's all in the name. And still people wonder, what's in a name! xD you were destined to be here :cool:
    Lol! It sounds good though :p
    Thank the discoveries, you have a username to keep ;)
    MKBHD we need assistance xD
    Always <3

20. Arsh2234 Donut Aug 12, 2019

Arsh2234, Aug 12, 2019 :
    lets hear the story of your username[e]1f602[/e]

YRJ likes this.
  21. script Nougat Moderator Aug 12, 2019

script, Aug 12, 2019 :
    My story is simple. I was and still am forever interested in becoming a script writer for movies.