What's the story behind your username?

1. Impersonal Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 13, 2019 at 6:41 PM

Impersonal, Aug 13, 2019 at 6:41 PM :
    What is your pet? Besides royalty :p

2. sudeep.life Cupcake Aug 13, 2019 at 6:45 PM

sudeep.life, Aug 13, 2019 at 6:45 PM :
    My username is sudeep.life because life amuses me in every way, in every possible things I encounter on a daily basis. The tiny things in life are the most precious if you can make time to cherish those. You can gift a Bugatti to your best friend but will that give you the joy of having a conversation with the same friend over a cup of tea or coffee? Life is intriguing, surprising, confusing, challenging, yet rewarding in so many ways, punishing as well in its own way. I do not wish to complete my journey of life depending on either I will end up rich or poor but I just want to complete my journey having lived the most as much as I can as per my terms cherishing the true happiness I can get from my life and how I have lived it.

Jsprince04 and YRJ like this.
  3. Rebel4you Donut Aug 13, 2019 at 6:53 PM

Jsprince04 likes this.
  4. Logancd1 Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 13, 2019 at 6:57 PM

Logancd1, Aug 13, 2019 at 6:57 PM :
    I'm going to use my gaming username rather than my forum username for this, because my forum username is basically just my name.

Whenever I play any game, I use the username "Moneymonster7". Inconveniently, I'm not rich, despite what this username might sound like.

Back in 2008, I was a young kid and I was extremely proud of myself for saving up $229 to buy an iPod Touch. On that iPod Touch, I pretty much just played games. Cartoon Wars, some tower defense games, and then several games from a company called storm8 (which I believe is out of business now?). Racing Live, Pets Live (that came later), iMobsters Live, and a few others I don't remember the names of. All of their games had the exact same gameplay with different themes.

The idea was you build up an income of the in-game currency through your fights and from hourly income from your income buildings/sources, then purchase weapons/cars/parts to improve your "team", which you use to fight or race with against other players. The fights were all just simulated, and all you saw was who you were fighting and what the outcome was.

Anyway, in several of these games, I decided I didn't really care about my "team" of cars or whatever that game's theme was. All I cared about was my income. So each time I logged in, I took whatever amount of in-game currency I had built up since my last login, and I put it all back into the income sources to increase my hourly income. And so, Moneymonster7 was born. Moneymonster because all I cared about was increasing my overall value in money in each of these games. 7 because it's my favorite number. No, not because there were 6 other Moneymonsters.....

5. YRJ Lollipop Aug 13, 2019 at 7:01 PM

YRJ, Aug 13, 2019 at 7:01 PM :
    Haha! It's nothing exceptional but here:

Starcommander and Rebel4you like this.
  6. YRJ Lollipop Aug 13, 2019 at 7:02 PM

YRJ, Aug 13, 2019 at 7:02 PM :
    That's a great story @Logancd1 or should I say, Moneymonster7 :p
    Thanks for adding this^ xD

Starcommander and Logancd1 like this.
  7. X1565719731101 Cupcake Aug 13, 2019 at 7:13 PM

8. luxuskamel Lollipop Aug 13, 2019 at 7:27 PM

luxuskamel, Aug 13, 2019 at 7:27 PM :
    Oh hi! Yes you did! Havent heard from you in a long time. Howre you?

Uhm idk. I would guess it was 2015/2016 ^^

Starcommander, BeingIncog and YRJ like this.
  9. luxuskamel Lollipop Aug 13, 2019 at 7:38 PM

BeingIncog and YRJ like this.
  10. B1acHK0ps Donut Aug 13, 2019 at 8:10 PM

B1acHK0ps, Aug 13, 2019 at 8:10 PM :
    One username "B1acHK0ps" = 3 stories. The name as a whole identifies me as a black man working in IT Operations (black ops). The 1 and 0 usage is because I used to have a business card with the title Master of 1's and 0's. The last story is related to the capital HK in the (purposefully misspelled black). HK stands for Hidden Knowledge a Black history trivia board game I invented that will be released later this year.

11. ClawSzn Donut Aug 13, 2019 at 8:15 PM

ClawSzn, Aug 13, 2019 at 8:15 PM :
    Clawszn is my username since it's white claw season . we started drinking white claw this summer and it stuck to the group. so it's white claw season lol

Kytharsis and YRJ like this.
  12. YRJ Lollipop Aug 13, 2019 at 8:49 PM

YRJ, Aug 13, 2019 at 8:49 PM :
    Hey,
    If you just changed your username then the changes don't appear. Can you try logging out and signing in again? :)

13. Kytharsis Marshmallow Aug 13, 2019 at 8:53 PM

Kytharsis, Aug 13, 2019 at 8:53 PM :
    The story behind my username is easy: it's an alternate spelling of "catharsis" and it sounded like a unique word to use as a name. Too bad not many people pronounce it properly the first time. (It's pronounced as catharsis but some call me Kigh-tharsis which is a small pet peeve of mine.) I've started using the name Strix a lot too for gaming-related items where it's not taken. ;)

EDIT: Story behind the name Strix if you care: named after my new gaming laptop, an ASUS ROG Strix Scar II and it's a badass gamer name.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019 at 9:07 PM

luxuskamel, pdodecaeder, YRJ and 3 others like this.
  14. Impersonal Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 13, 2019 at 9:00 PM

Impersonal, Aug 13, 2019 at 9:00 PM :
    We all strive for a little chatarsis... ;)

YRJ and Kytharsis like this.
  15. 1plus_batman Gingerbread Aug 13, 2019 at 9:05 PM

1plus_batman, Aug 13, 2019 at 9:05 PM :
    One year after attending a halloween party dressed as him, I won best costume. Also on my car I have a batman theme going with a custom emblem and plates. Then one day on here maybe a year or two ago I saw a contest for using a oneplus item to create a scene so while talking and trying to figure out what to do my girlfriend said hey put on my halloween costume. So while she was laughing at me the whole time I was running around in full batman gear setting up the camera I took the photo and entered....I won a phone!!! So now the batman kinda stuck lolol, my friends refer to my car as the bat lol a little kid on my block says there goes batman again.

pdodecaeder, YRJ and Kytharsis like this.
  16. G_DepressiveDepressions Cupcake Aug 13, 2019 at 10:01 PM

G_DepressiveDepressions, Aug 13, 2019 at 10:01 PM :
    so, uhh... it's actually my name on Google (as you see the G) but it came to my mind when I was doing homework related to depression like 2 years ago. I found it funny and didn't hesitate in changing it

pdodecaeder and YRJ like this.
  17. Ant91 Froyo Aug 13, 2019 at 10:02 PM

YRJ likes this.
  18. oneplustwoindia Froyo Aug 13, 2019 at 11:34 PM

oneplustwoindia, Aug 13, 2019 at 11:34 PM :
    I am from India and my first OnePlus phone was OnePlus Two which was very much special in many ways since it was the first phone which I brought with my hard earned money and buying a OnePlus phone in the first week of its launch was so difficult because if you remember during those days it could only be brought with a code and getting a code in the first week itself was a different ball game together!
    Used it for 4 long years without a single problem then finally brought OnePlus 6 the first day it was launched! Different phones but the feeling still remains the same!!
    #NeverSettle

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 6:46 AM

YRJ likes this.
  19. Tonyh1994 Cupcake Aug 14, 2019 at 3:41 AM

Tonyh1994, Aug 14, 2019 at 3:41 AM :
    My username is one that I've used for 15+ years now! It's pretty much my first name, first letter of my last and my date of birth. But it's my username and it's unique [e]1f60a[/e]

YRJ likes this.
  20. pdodecaeder Cupcake Aug 14, 2019 at 5:31 AM

pdodecaeder, Aug 14, 2019 at 5:31 AM :
    pdodecaeder is short for Pentagon Dodecaeder which is a mysterious object found in my hometown, Tongeren in Belgium.
    No one knows where it comes from not what it is was used for but it is dated back a couple thousand years and only a few were ever found in Europe.
    I curious about this object, maybe a little obsessed, and even had it tattooed on my chest.
    just Google it on let me know what you think it could have been used for

YRJ likes this.