What's the story behind your username?

1. NeyURU Cupcake Aug 14, 2019 at 5:41 AM

NeyURU, Aug 14, 2019 at 5:41 AM :
    My complete name is ADAN NEY DE MORAES NUÑEZ DE MORAES, and I'm from Uruguay, than my username is just my second name plus my country, the result is NeyURU

G_plusone, pdodecaeder and YRJ like this.
  2. PKaiser Donut Aug 14, 2019 at 6:25 AM

PKaiser, Aug 14, 2019 at 6:25 AM :
    Couple years ago I was really interested in European history for some reason, especially during the time of the old german empire.

My original username for most things was PreussenKaiser, which meant PrussianEmperor in German, most kings at the time were from Prussia, which created the German Empire.

But a lot of services had a prettyyyyy restrictive character limit, so I changed it to PKaiser to shorten things up, and remove the Preussen part which nobody was able to pronounce lol.

G_plusone, pdodecaeder and YRJ like this.
  3. cdnfarmer Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2019 at 6:56 AM

cdnfarmer, Aug 14, 2019 at 6:56 AM :
    Hmm my username.. well it's a combination of being Canadian (i.e. cdn) and my passion for agriculture and farming as well as current occupation (i.e.farmer). Farming is a lifestyle where there is lots of work but very nice to be with nature and the land.

The funny thing is in an international forum... People come with their own language and interpretation. Because of the occupation and "er" ending which is associated with masculine words in certain languages, some initially thought I was a male.:) It made for a good laugh.

4. Malt o Mantis Donut Aug 14, 2019 at 7:55 AM

Malt o Mantis, Aug 14, 2019 at 7:55 AM :
    I love drinking malt, honestly some say I'm addicted. I once talked about the benefits of malt to a telemarketer for so long that he hung up on me.
    As for the Mantis part of my name, that's because I love those critters, and always have. I've kept multiple praying mantises as pets in my life and even witnessed them molt, breed, lay eggs, and hatch. My friends all know me as "the mantis loving guy."

Eventually this got to the point where a few of my friends don't even know my real name, they just know me by either Malt or Mantis. So there you have it. Malt o' Mantis.
    1565765555144.jpg

5. mrat Cupcake Aug 14, 2019 at 8:11 AM

6. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 14, 2019 at 8:24 AM

FlixbusLennart, Aug 14, 2019 at 8:24 AM :
    Name behind my story is quite easy.
    My name is Lennart - so there's the latter part of it.

Flixbus refers to German bus franchise of the same name. For a long time, traveling by bus was just as comfortable as any other vehicle, but wouldn't cost me more than 10, maybe 20 bucks - as opposed to to 60 or more for a simple train ride. So, for some years, I visited friends and family by bus.
    I'm a big fan of disruptive companies. In 2014 or so, the bus companies definitely disrupted traveling as a whole. So I was hyped.

2 days before university started, I also changed my name to FlixbusLennart on Instagram - a step that brought me a nickname within only 20 minutes of going to university. As we have multiple Lennart's in uni, everyone referred to me by my Instagram name.

[​IMG]

7. FoodieMichael Froyo Aug 14, 2019 at 8:52 AM

FoodieMichael, Aug 14, 2019 at 8:52 AM :
    Simple but awesome, my friends always called me foodie because of my passion for food.
    Then i just decided, wait a minute foodiemichael. That sounds good!

Food is life
    Never settle
    Neber

8. chitranshjeengar Cupcake Aug 14, 2019 at 9:05 AM

YRJ and G_plusone like this.
  9. YRJ Lollipop Aug 14, 2019 at 9:59 AM

YRJ, Aug 14, 2019 at 9:59 AM :
    Hey there,
    If you recently changed your username, please note that the changes have not come into effect yet. Can you try logging out of your account and signing in again? Cool story btw.
    I'm sorry. I thought the same too, initially. :p
    Atleast, you are not a rat xD
    So it was all about a bus, as suspected. :rolleyes:
    Cool name :D

cdnfarmer and FlixbusLennart like this.
  10. jlasensiofi KitKat Aug 14, 2019 at 10:47 AM

jlasensiofi, Aug 14, 2019 at 10:47 AM :
    My story is very simple. The username with which I signed up is the one I regularly use "jlasensiofi".

The first two letters are the initials of my name (José Luis), then comes my first last name (Asensio) and finally the first two letters of my second last name (Fierro)

So I never forget, that with my youthful dementia it is very dangerous... :tonguewink::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

11. lerpok Cupcake Aug 14, 2019 at 10:52 AM

lerpok, Aug 14, 2019 at 10:52 AM :
    When I was at school in the end of 90's we made duty roster in one class and we invented names for workers. As I am Finnish, we thought that Estonian names are hilarious. So I invented Lerpo Küllaste (I don't even know if that is Estonian name). For us that name was so cool. So after that I've used lerpok as username.

12. NAJIL_A_K Donut Aug 14, 2019 at 11:04 AM

NAJIL_A_K, Aug 14, 2019 at 11:04 AM :
    no stories it's just my real name. I like to use mine . I don't have to use another while having one. better to be unique in some ways.

13. B.I.T.S. Cupcake Aug 14, 2019 at 11:17 AM

B.I.T.S., Aug 14, 2019 at 11:17 AM :
    I've always struggle finding names to use in games and forums... The story behind B.I.T.S. will drive us long time ago. I was talking with some friends in a game when I said the word Bolita (it means little ball in Spanish, as in a cute way). I adopted it as my name and it has follow me since then, I love how English speaking people pronounce it, and also the short versions that come out of it: Boli and/or Lita. That is the B. from my username. The other letters stand for: In The Shadows. The reason? In another situation I had to be in special missions assigned by the boss and B.I.T.S. was my code for start them. I'm a huge fan of more than one meaning inside a single word, this one has it. And... The best part is that maybe it hides another secret, but that's it, a secret.

superplus, YRJ and G_plusone like this.
  14. brian.sedore Honeycomb Aug 14, 2019 at 12:40 PM

brian.sedore, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:40 PM :
    I had a fascination with windows back in the day. I would draw windows on my notebooks all the time. So much so, I had a teacher say "it's not a window, it's a door" (sedore). The first part comes from the old show Pinky and the Brain. I really respected Brain's determination after all of the failures and still he stuck to that goal. I thought Brain maybe came across cocky, so I changed it to Brian.

Actually, it's just my name and must of that is not true, but maybe better than the story of my name.

Fun fact: I accidentally signed up with two of my email addresses. To fix the problem, I contacted OnePlus and I lost my chance to change my username. C'est la vie.

15. rmpcsekar Donut Aug 14, 2019 at 12:44 PM

rmpcsekar, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:44 PM :
    My username was generated from my two grandfathers name first letters and my father name staring letter in third and the rest is my last name.

G_plusone and YRJ like this.
  16. brian.sedore Honeycomb Aug 14, 2019 at 12:46 PM

brian.sedore, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:46 PM :
    Nice. I had a feeling that's what the cdn was for. Maybe we've crossed paths being in a farm area myself.

G_plusone, superplus and cdnfarmer like this.
  17. brian.sedore Honeycomb Aug 14, 2019 at 12:52 PM

brian.sedore, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:52 PM :
    "It all began on the 13th hour of the 13th day of the 13th month. We were discussing the misprinted calendars." Haven't watched Simpsons in years, but silly things like this stick with me.

G_plusone, Impersonal and YRJ like this.
  18. luxuskamel Lollipop Aug 14, 2019 at 12:52 PM

luxuskamel, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:52 PM :
    Funny thing, when I didnt knew you're from Canada (I guess you had an other avatar, not sure) I thought cdnfarmer meant that you could be a tech person who collects CDN urls. But it didn't took long for me to realize I was wrong. Didnt you also have the Canadian flag as avatar? :oops:

cdnfarmer and YRJ like this.
  19. Sean_Richards Donut Aug 14, 2019 at 12:59 PM

G_plusone, Cheetosdust and YRJ like this.
  20. YRJ Lollipop Aug 14, 2019 at 1:02 PM

YRJ, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:02 PM :
    johnbarth1-2x.jpg

puccellino and Sean_Richards like this.