What's the story behind your username?

1. NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams KitKat Aug 12, 2019

NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams, Aug 12, 2019 :
    The very first thread I actively followed after creating the OnePlus community account was "guess the pic" thread.It still runs to this day, but as far as I know not with the members I was there with originally @Ash645 @Nezumi_ @Hydra Bob and many others.
    Soon after a few weeks those bunch of people felt it would be much easier for them (and everyone)to tag me if I would have a more recognizable username than(u1525373828 something).
    I can't remember who it was, but it was someone, who gave me a link to change it.
    I had quite a few options to choose from, but I felt my life moto of never giving up in whatever you do would motivate and mean to others as much as it does for me.
    I decided for a good couple of minutes before this run through my head.
    Everything in life can change in a split of a second, you're happiness or sadness could be whipped away in a matter of second, but keeping it all together and coming out of it is what makes people succeed.

After that I felt this usename would fit well to this community

@YRJ
    I'd like to know @Cheetosdust name story as it sounds as awesome as opening a pack of cheetos with a bit of dust on the chips inside

2. GreenIcePhoenix Gingerbread Aug 12, 2019

GreenIcePhoenix, Aug 12, 2019 :
    I am a very big fan of Harry Potter. Like if someone gives me anything even remotely related to it, that goes into my most important possessions.
    The concept that a world is hidden right in front of us had me looking for signs for such a world.

Among other things, the Harry Potter universe introduced me to an amazing bird - a 'Phoenix'. It wowed me, the abilities it had and how it could heal and lift everyones spirit resonated strongly with me. And thats how the base of my username got ready.

My previous usernames (like 10 years ago) are all derived from it. But Phoenix followed by an number didn't make this unique. So I added my favourite colour to it to personalize it a bit. The result was 'GreenPhoenix' - a better alternative than former but still lacking some uniqueness.

Fiddling with the elements (fire, wind, water, thunder etc.) drove me to consider Ice as something to add and VOILA - GreenIcePhoenix was born.

Discostu, G_plusone, TibiTibi and 3 others like this.
  3. Impersonal Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2019

Impersonal, Aug 12, 2019 :
    That's something OTTO the I would say, not the II, :p

puma95, YRJ and otto2 like this.
  4. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Aug 12, 2019

KeepTransisting, Aug 12, 2019 :
    It's a pretty simple story. I decided to abandon my old username a few years ago as I got older. I'm a huge fan of the game Transistor by Supergiant games.

YRJ and Wonderwoman13 like this.
  5. qilsgard Cupcake Aug 12, 2019

G_plusone, YRJ and Impersonal like this.
  6. BeingIncog Marshmallow Aug 12, 2019

7. NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams KitKat Aug 12, 2019

G_plusone, YRJ and BeingIncog like this.
  8. luxuskamel Lollipop Aug 12, 2019

G_plusone, YRJ and BeingIncog like this.
  9. Vansh99 Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2019

Vansh99, Aug 12, 2019 :
    When I was changing my name, I wanted to go with WildWolf but would sound odd for a forum like this... I went by WildWolf in the games I've played... so obviously I wanted to stick with it.

However like I said, since this is a forum not related to gaming... WildWolf sounded odd. I then thought why not something with PewDiePie, I've been watching him for years but then I discovered you, @YRJ and my life was ruined cuz I saw your profile pic as PewDiePie.

I then wanted to go with something with Lion, majestic animal (hence my profile pic) but again... I forget his name TheL1on? TheLion? Well he had a username with something with Lion but a cat profile pic... So couldn't pick Lion either.

I stuck with my Lion profile pic... I couldn't think of anything creative and I put my first name and 99, the year I was born.... 1999. Yeah I'm not that creative :(

Crystal Z., G_plusone, YRJ and 2 others like this.
  10. BeingIncog Marshmallow Aug 12, 2019

BeingIncog, Aug 12, 2019 :
    Hiiieeeee

Gotta go to sleep, so quick bye, see you all tomorrow!

11. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Aug 12, 2019

Cheetosdust, Aug 12, 2019 :
    It’s not an exciting one, but here goes.

I love apples and my favorite variety is called “Pink Lady”. That was my original username when I got to this community.

However, soon after that I started to get a lot of private messages; a lot of phone number requests. It was wild. Not only from @dsmonteiro, so there’s not need to single him out.

Tired of having @dsmonteiro making jokes about my sweet seeds I decided it was time to change my username. I asked @superplus. It was the best decision I ever made.

“Can you please change my username? I think “Pink Lady” is confusing for some people, @dsmonteiro for example. So, when you can, please change it to my second favorite fruit, “Juicy Cantaloupe”. Thank you, sir” - I politely asked.

“Sorry, I searched and I can’t find the username “Pink Lady”, so I can’t change it - @superplus replied three days and 253 fancy words later.

I was confused as I was just there, still deflecting DM’s like OnePlus deflects certifications. “For the last time, it’s about a variety of apples, @dsmonteiro”, I told him. “Yeahhhh, baby, let me Cook your Tim then,” he replied. It was weird.

Three days later, @superplus contacted me.

- I have found an “Orange Lady” when searching our database.
    - Orange? Are you sure it’s not Pink? - I inquired.
    - Yes, orange just like your profile picture.

I couldn’t believe it. I had to find an irrefutable example and soon. @dsmonteiro was now asking me if I wanted to see his username.

- What do you mean, if I want to see the first part of your username?
    - Do you want to see.. DISS SNAKE? - he asked in a strangely assertive tone.

Fearing for my own corneas, I looked around and saw a bag of Cheetos. I put my hands inside the bag, crushed them, and showed them to @superplus.

- See? This is orange! My username is Pink Lady!
    - No, that’s Cheetos Dust, you silly apple.
    - What? That’s not the point, I really need you to chan..
    - Done. Orange Lady, as requested, your new username is Cheetosdust.

That’s the story of this username, believe it or not. I’m still proud of @superplus. Thanks to that, @dsmonteiro is now my best friend in the whole world. Even the other day, he sent me such a nice gift: a huge black paint with the word “TOOL” in bright red.

- Oh man, thank you for the gift. How did you know they were my favorite band?
    - Wait, there’s a band named TOOL? - he asked, confused, like @Carl when @Pete told him that no, the next OnePlus device can’t have a Lightning Port.

12. LightningXIII Lollipop Community Expert Aug 12, 2019

LightningXIII, Aug 12, 2019 :
    I played finalfantasy 13. That's all :rolleyes:

13. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Aug 12, 2019

Shivang Joshi, luxuskamel and YRJ like this.
  14. LightningXIII Lollipop Community Expert Aug 12, 2019

LightningXIII, Aug 12, 2019 :
    We do not talk about mike on this forum. :rolleyes:

15. blueskywhale Honeycomb Aug 12, 2019

blueskywhale, Aug 12, 2019 :
    I heard the echo @TibiTibi [e]1f601[/e][e]1f601[/e]

16. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member Aug 12, 2019

Ruby G., Aug 12, 2019 :
    @YRJ this thread is very fun, great idea :)

I am named Ruby after a phenomenal judge that my dad had the pleasure of working for. She was highly intelligent, incredible memory for recalling law, and always kept it classy even when faced with racism/sexism in a time when there were not many Jewish women rising up in the ranks in the Texas legal system. You can read about her here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Kless_Sondock

17. blueskywhale Honeycomb Aug 12, 2019

blueskywhale, Aug 12, 2019 :
    I'm blueskywhale,
    I'm too much obsessed with colour blue and the blue sky with thick cotton clouds and I always imagine whalees are swimming through the clear fluffy sky and plunging into the clouds [e]1f60d[/e] that's why chose this name. And myself is the whale swimming through the clouds [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019

G_plusone, superplus, YRJ and 3 others like this.
  18. _Saguaro_ Eclair Aug 12, 2019

G_plusone, superplus, YRJ and 4 others like this.
  19. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Aug 12, 2019

dsmonteiro, Aug 12, 2019 :
    Actually, it's Dat Sassy Monteiro.

20. YRJ Lollipop Aug 12, 2019

YRJ, Aug 12, 2019 :
    Indeed NGUOUD , the way @BeingIncog likes to call it :p
    Thanks for sharing and yes your username is very motivating.

Vansh99 likes this.