What's the story behind your username?

1. Montucky
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 5, 2020

YRJ and Deactivated User like this.
  2. scrontch
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2020

scrontch , Mar 5, 2020 :
    My username has had a journey with me. SCRONTCH first appeared in front of my eyes as an onomatopoeia in one of my favorite comic books, it just stuck out to me and i loved the way it sounded being used to express the crashing of a car. There was no question in my mind when I started a garage punk band with a couple friends that SCRONTCH would be the projects name.

1583448263715.jpg

1583448263750.jpg
    after a a year or so of playing music we disbanded but SCRONTCH lived on in the form of a gamer tag i created to play various games on my Nintendo Switch.

1583448473077.jpg
    I also keep SCRONTCH alive as a tag for my art/photography and even run a shameless Instagram for selfies with the handle scrontch4365

1583449297835.jpg

1583449297905.jpg

1583449298113.jpg
    SCRONTCH has just become a part of my life at this point.

YRJ, Cheetosdust, OverThrust and 4 others like this.

3. Eldwshl Uaran , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile , Mar 7, 2020 :
    V8 energy + ice cream + other fruits + spicy peppers + milk = the best wake up milkshake!!

YRJ likes this.
  4. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Mar 14, 2020

luxuskamel , Mar 14, 2020 :
    Congrats on becoming a dad :D :D
    I really like your avatar
    :)

YRJ and caffeinePlease like this.
  5. Jimbo the Great
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 16, 2020

Jimbo the Great , Mar 16, 2020 :
    Simple answer.
    This is my real name, translated into English.

No joke.

My wife is Dr. The Great.
    We are Dr. and Mr. The Great.

It's pretty great (pun intended) - she says this is the entire reason she married me, so that she could change her less-than-great last name to something great.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020

YRJ, Ellistar and Swejuggalo like this.
  6. Ellistar
    Honeycomb Mar 16, 2020

Ellistar , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 16, 2020 :
    Tell me you called your son Alexander.

YRJ likes this.
  7. Jimbo the Great

Peter and Catherine
    Oh wait... I don't have any children. :p

YRJ and Ellistar like this.
  8. Ellistar
    Honeycomb Mar 16, 2020

Ellistar , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 16, 2020 :
    Some of those you live up to, others not so much.

YRJ and Jimbo the Great like this.
  9. Jimbo the Great

That would be like naming your kid Herod.

Ellistar likes this.
  10. ChronicCycler
    Donut Mar 16, 2020

ChronicCycler , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 16, 2020 :
    The world had begun to take a turn for the worst. a pandemic had a firm grip on the worlds population. the government has just the day before begun to stimy the socialization of it's citizens. schools, theaters, sports, live music and grocery stores would never be the same again. hell, for all we knew they might never come back again. ripped suddenly without warning. the new normal was settling in and people were on edge. they couldn't much stand their guardians. their keepers of the gate if you will. for it is the A. I. which regularly locks down it's citizens, it's armored drones which restrict them from congregating.

so by the time that faithful morning had rolled around, I had had it with the sentients. I could be complacent no longer. I prepared my bag to leave the group when he saw me. ZACH came out of a bloopers real from that film with Johnny 5...

his wheels squealed slightly as he approached and ask for my identification.

'**** you' I said to him under my breath, just loud enough for him to hear me.

as he moved to interrogate me I shut down. I gave him nothing. the machine had become irritated with my non answers and decided his time was best spent laboring elsewhere.

the robot rolled his eyes at the same time he started to rattle off a lengthy string of random letters, numbers and characters....

U1552429856618

'they' had labeled us to allow for greater organization.

I used to think my new name was nonsense but it has since grown on me significantly.

much as this forum has...

I now am beginning to see similarities between myself and my new government assigned namesake. things which I had never thought in the past.

love,
    U1552429856618

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020

YRJ likes this.
  11. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Mar 26, 2020

YRJ , Mar 26, 2020 :
    That's a wonderful story. It's amazing how a words you found in a comic book has stuck with you and now turned into your identity. Thank you for sharing the story!
    Congrats! :)
    Hey there,
    Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing. That's one hell of a story :p:tearsofjoy:

However, if you ever want to change your username you can do it but don't forget to share the story ;)

U1552429856618 likes this.
  12. lazzy_ms
    Cupcake Mar 26, 2020

lazzy_ms , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 26, 2020 :
    It started 8-9 years ago, I was scrolling Facebook news feed and read a quote "I would most likely offer a hard job to the laziest person because a lazy person finish the job with most creative idea with even less efforts" and the post said it was quoted by Bill Gates. I don't know if it's true or not but I really liked the quote. So, whenever I signup for something and they ask unique username, my answer is always lies around "lazzy" and my initials M and S. If you notice I put an extra "z" in lazzy to show that it's not like being a douchbag and stay put.

YRJ likes this.
  13. rubbamade
    Froyo Mar 28, 2020

rubbamade , Mar 28, 2020 :
    I used the write hacking programs for AOL. I was Made back then. for some reason I changed it to Rubba, but people didn't know who I was then. so I combined them to make Rubbamade. I've had this name since 1996.

it's the name I use online and on all gaming platforms. some friends in real life also call me Rubba.

ChronicCycler and YRJ like this.
  14. Sabyanova , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 29, 2020 :
    I am Sabyasachi.. it's a Sanskrit word meaning 'ambidextrous'..the name has its origin in 'The Mahabharata', the classic epic..Arjuna, the greatest archer there, could throw arrows with both hands and so he was called 'sabyasachi'..

supernova is a great source of light and energy..

and when Sabyasachi gets combined with supernova, it becomes my username i.e. 'Sabyanova'..

YRJ likes this.
  15. philos64
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 30, 2020

philos64 , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 30, 2020 :
    'Philos64, comes for a Greek part of my first name "Philos" which means "who loves" and the number 64 in memory of long moments of my life that I lived in the department of the Basque country, which we name also "Euskadi".
    And it was my first nickname on Xda-developers in 2008.
    It is not very extraordinary or extravagant or really funny , but it's the one I chose to represent me on the sites that I appreciate.

YRJ likes this.
  16. BeingIncog
    Nougat Mar 30, 2020

BeingIncog , Mar 30, 2020 :
    hiiiii htc fan (hope it's not racist) i'm virtual fan of htc, have not owned htc, but i always wanted to own one...

YRJ likes this.
  17. philos64
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 30, 2020

philos64 , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 30, 2020 :
    Yes indeed my 1st smartphone was the Hero and then other HTC. Only HTC, but unfortunately HTC is no longer really HTC, that's why now I'm on OnePlus that I really appreciate.
    But never racist or really fan boy...

YRJ likes this.
  18. BeingIncog
    Nougat Mar 30, 2020

BeingIncog , Mar 30, 2020 :
    same here except i was Nokia's fan... (windows phone fan infact)

19. Akshaycann
    Eclair Mar 31, 2020

Akshaycann , via OnePlus 5 , Mar 31, 2020 :
    It's been almost 14-15 years ago when I was in school used go out for websurfing with my friend's. I used to chat on Yahoo and Google messenger and join the chat room to chat anonymous people and girls in world. Some day I need to login to chat and didn't know the password to login as I used to chat with my friend's I'd that I created a new I'd and the username was not able to create according to me , so choose last name cannon as the Cannon printer was there I made my last name cannon so since then this my username to all my accounts Akshaycann.

YRJ likes this.