What's the story behind your username?

1. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Writers' Club Jun 20, 2020

YRJ , Jun 20, 2020 :
    That's terrific!
    I'm really looking forward to your thread! Please send me a link when you finish it. Would love to read the story :)

aenews and G_plusone like this.
  2. Ozymandias_Osiris
    Honeycomb Jun 30, 2020

YRJ likes this.
  3. Ellistar
    Honeycomb Jun 30, 2020

Ellistar , via OnePlus 6T , Jun 30, 2020 :
    because of the statue they found of course

YRJ likes this.
  4. Bilabass
    Donut Jul 9, 2020

YRJ likes this.
  5. Rahstyles
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2020

Rahstyles , Jul 25, 2020 :
    When I was 17 years old now 35. Me and my friend used to rap battle people at school. I told him I was going to choose his rap name and he was going to choose mine. I chose profit for him and he says rastyles for me. I said why? And he said cause my last name starts with ra and then add styles but I didn't like how it looked so I put a H inbetween and it became rahstyles. I stuck with it for this many years. You can check my old songs On YouTube.

YRJ likes this.
  6. JackLag
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2020

McJader and YRJ like this.
  7. Tokolozi
    The Lab Reviewer - OPPO Find N Sep 22, 2020

Tokolozi , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Well long story short, It's a South African folklore monster.

Me being from there originally it was a handy name that was never taken online... so I took it.

McJader, Upgradde, PsYstein and 3 others like this.
  8. PsYstein
    Donut Sep 23, 2020

PsYstein , via OnePlus 7 , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Some of the best ideas I have come up with have been in the most psychedelic state of mind, while swimming in my subconscious in deep sleep..

I look up to Albert Einstein for his ideas and I wondered how they came to him..

Anyways... PsyStein should now be kinda self explanatory..

YRJ likes this.
  9. @IMNavarn_1302 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Oct 12, 2020 :
    Hey @YRJ it's my story
    Well my username is my original name.
    I don't remember the 1st one provided by the bot but the second one is my original. And the First letter is only Prefix that I opt.
    G = Genius
    One of the famous words in The Avengers movie's the most famous line by Tony Stark aka @RobertDowneyJr
    Genius, Playboy, Billionaire, Philanthropist.
    That's y i opt for G_Naveen_Karn_
    I wish we all could be like him as his reel life and real life both.

YRJ likes this.
  10. atulpandey82l
    Eclair Oct 18, 2020

atulpandey82l , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 18, 2020 :
    So I was in 9th standard and sitting in a cyber cafe signing up for for my first email . Google suggested me some username with numbers in it so I went ahead and brought bin creativity and added "82l" in my name cause you know if you speak it continuously and fast enough it would start to sound like my actual name "Atul" so it was kind of a Issac Asimov twist to the name 🤞🤞🤞

YRJ likes this.
  11. STARTENDER0
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2020

STARTENDER0 , via OnePlus Nord , Nov 22, 2020 :
    Well! My username is STARTENDER0 .On a certain day, stoned, a thought came in my mind that whatever starts has to end. But 0 has no end and everything comes out of zero. You can not kill zero. So I picked my made-up name as STARTENDER0.

YRJ likes this.
  12. A1606395201971
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2020

13. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Writers' Club Nov 26, 2020

YRJ , Nov 26, 2020 :
    I wouldn't say that!

I wouldn't call "A1606395201971" common :p
    That's as unique as it can possibly get

luxuskamel, KluGe, superplus and 2 others like this.
  14. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Nov 26, 2020

superplus , Nov 26, 2020 :
    You could change it though :) They'll even throw 3 XP your way for doing it ;)

But like @YRJ pointed out, you might be attached to the uniqueness of your name :D

Though converting the numbers to letters might make it slightly more memorable for some (making it easier for people to tag you), something like: AlBobEgs2019Li for example

15. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Writers' Club Nov 26, 2020

YRJ , Nov 26, 2020 :
    I would suggest a less complex username but okay! :D :p

luxuskamel likes this.
  16. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Nov 26, 2020

superplus , Nov 26, 2020 :
    That was just in case they felt attached to the current one after you pointed out it was super unique ;) Definitely would normally suggest something that rolls off the tongue or fingers a bit easier :tearsofjoy:

The suggested username actually reminded me of xkcd's correcthorsebatterystaple

But it's true, it works, I think (without cheating, let me see if I can really do it), I could now tag @A1606395201971 :D

17. YRJ

YRJ , Nov 26, 2020 :
    We all can agree there's nothing more unique than the auto assigned usernames. The 14 character alphanumeric tag cannot be beat :D

18. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jan 30, 2021

luigimario , Jan 30, 2021 :
    Good thing I saw this post as you are no longer flixbus Lennart. At least I know your new screen name now 😁

YRJ, luxuskamel, superplus and 3 others like this.
  19. derLenno
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Jan 31, 2021

YRJ, luxuskamel, superplus and 2 others like this.
  20. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jan 31, 2021

luigimario , Jan 31, 2021 :
    Ah sorry, didn't know it was a secret 🤷

YRJ and luxuskamel like this.