What's the story behind your username?

1. Drasm19 Honeycomb Aug 12, 2019

Drasm19, Aug 12, 2019 :
    Drasmstün was the Celtic God of invention and laziness.
    He was breathtakingly brilliant but annoyingly lazy, sort of like Loki from the Nordic pantheon. He played flute by the Meadows in the morning and commanded over the pests and rodents by the night. He was a trickster god who enjoyed pulling pranks on fellow gods and they naturally had a 'love-hate' relationship with him.

Drasmstün was called upon by the Celts during the winter solstice to bless the harvest and make the rodents lazy, so that the winter supplies remained unaffected.

Drasmstün was however, not one to be easily satisfied with mere offerings and wanted to punish humans for trying to use him only during Winters and forgetting him for the rest of the year.

One winter, he ordered the rodents to swarm through the harvest of the celts, so that they would pray to him during the other months as well.

This didn't sit well with the elder gods who punished him by sending him to the darkest depths of Ravenheim (Celtic version of hell) and sealed it with 19 magical locks.
    They cursed him and told him that none of the future generations will remember him or worship him.

His name was erased off from all the sacred texts and it was foretold that some day in the future, someone will invoke him again, releasing him from his chains and kick-starting the Celtic version of the end of days.

Hence my username is- Drasm19.

I really really wish that this was the case though, but truth to be told, I made all that s*#t up.

I was too lazy to find a username, so I swiped through my keyboard and my username was born.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019

2. YRJ Lollipop Aug 12, 2019

YRJ, Aug 12, 2019 :
    If only I had a dollar everytime someone said that......
    Lmaoo!
    Btw, I'm sorry it was never my intention. XD
    Thanks for sharing. Sometimes the least creative things leave an indelible mark ;)

Vansh99 likes this.
  3. Larskon Gingerbread Aug 12, 2019

Larskon, Aug 12, 2019 :
    I have my Username for about 5 years, when I started playing video games on my new Xbox 360. As every Gamer you have to have a nice Gamertag/Username. My real name is Lars and I wanted to modify my alias in a way that you still can tell it's me. I really liked a swedish version of my name: Larsson. Sadly the name was already taken by another Xbox player. This is why I tried to replace the the second 's' with another letter so the whole name looks and sounds cool. I really liked the modified version with 'k' and so Larskon was born.

4. GuitarHero0179 Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2019

GuitarHero0179, Aug 12, 2019 :
    Fairly simple to guess the story behind my username, but here we go:

I have been playing guitar for quite some time now (I estimate around 12+ years but I lost count a bit). So that's where the guitar part comes from. Although it looks like the video game I actually never played Guitar Hero. Just needed some addition and I couldn't come up with anything else at the time.

The 4 digits came from a different username that I was using for gaming and I needed something to differentiate from existing accounts so I put those after my name.

If you're curious about the music or guitar stuff, the link should be listed in my account details on my forum profile page :)

5. YRJ Lollipop Aug 12, 2019

YRJ, Aug 12, 2019 :
    You never disappoint. Excellent. Btw, if the next OnePlus won't have a lightning port I ain't buying it.

You just made all of it up in like, minutes. I envy the job you do.
    The ones who played will get it, I guess.
    I Never played :tearsofjoy:
    Thank you Ruby!
    I just read about Ruby Kless Sondock and just the way she left a mark in the legal system, you here are breaking stereotypes. Your creativity amazes me every single time. :)

Cheetosdust and Ruby G. like this.
  6. YRJ Lollipop Aug 12, 2019

YRJ, Aug 12, 2019 :
    The amount of efforts that went into pronouncing the words right..... What a waste!
    Do you draw inspiration from @Cheetosdust ?
    You people should be writing stories. You got me.
    And all this while I thought you were @Dresa91 's double :tearsofjoy:
    Albeit it was all made up, thanks for sharing xD

Cheetosdust, Ruby G. and Drasm19 like this.
  7. mahesh.silwal Eclair Aug 12, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  8. luxuskamel Lollipop Aug 12, 2019

luxuskamel, Aug 12, 2019 :
    Indeed. I love your stories! Ehrenmann, if you actually change it to @Pink Lady now

9. aakarpost Gingerbread Aug 12, 2019

aakarpost, Aug 12, 2019 :
    I wanted to have a uniform name across multiple platforms, thus the username: @aakarpost You'll find me everywhere as aakarpost, from Twitter, Instagram to Reddit & Medium.

(I started blogging in 2007 in aakarpost.com, thus aakarpost became my username everywhere.)

G_plusone and YRJ like this.
  10. pirata_1985 Nougat Aug 12, 2019

pirata_1985, Aug 12, 2019 :
    Well, my nickname was born when I did my first access to the worldwideweb with a required nickname. It was in 1999 when I installed MSN messenger so I created my first account email and i i chose my nickname pirata_1985 .then is history 'cause I always use the same nickname everywhere on the web.

G_plusone, YRJ and aakarpost like this.
  11. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Aug 12, 2019

camohan, Aug 12, 2019 :
    I can request on his behalf.

12. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Aug 12, 2019

superplus, Aug 12, 2019 :
    So you were offering to show @Cheetosdust "Dat Sassy" of yours instead? :eek: not sure that makes it better... :sweat_smile:

and @Cheetosdust, you are welcome my magnificently OrangePinkLadySir :cool:

13. southaven1981 Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2019

southaven1981, Aug 12, 2019 :
    Easy,My username is southaven1981, I live in Southaven, MS USA. I was born in 1981. simple enough right. I was 15 when I first started to use southaven1981 back on netscape, and prodigy I believe. I was trying to find more information about gay people and this is the screen name I used on multiple adult sites. I did eventually learn more about the choice to follow my sense of who I was attracted to however the adult sites were probably not the way to go.

14. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member Aug 12, 2019

Ruby G., Aug 12, 2019 :
    This was so good XD you got me. You are a great writer.

15. luxuskamel Lollipop Aug 12, 2019

16. N1550598214094 Eclair Aug 12, 2019

N1550598214094, Aug 12, 2019 :
    I wanted a name that everyone could remember and chuckle at. So I came up with MadeNAsia as a play on words

17. N1550598214094 Eclair Aug 12, 2019

That's a good name and it's meaningful!!!!

18. Blue-agila Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2019

G_plusone, superplus and YRJ like this.
  19. N1550598214094 Eclair Aug 12, 2019

That's cool. did you name your first car?

20. YRJ Lollipop Aug 12, 2019

YRJ, Aug 12, 2019 :
    But you don't have a name yet!
    If you wish to change it, follow the instructions in the opening post of this thread.

Regards

G_plusone likes this.