What's with the Quality Control of OnePlus? :|

1. kaghedo
    Jelly Bean Jul 7, 2016

kaghedo , Jul 7, 2016 :
    The Headphone Jack thing is 100% true i can confirm this,i couldn't get my old HTC M8 brand new headphones to work with the jack on the OP3 and the jack worked on all other devices i have at home i mean everything including kids toys,strange i guess :eek:

2. taosu
    Froyo Jul 7, 2016

taosu , Jul 7, 2016 :
    If you read Carl's comments, he was clearly referring to "screen variances" only, not defective devices. The OP did not say what kind of "display issues" he was experiencing with the two phones he had received, he did not mention yellow tint. If someone replaces his/her phone 3 times or 5 times (as mentioned by someone earlier) to get a device without defects, then I assume this person probably has a different standard than everyone else.

3. Robson
    KitKat Jul 7, 2016

Robson , Jul 7, 2016 :
    Are you from india? It s
    Are you from India? It seems to me that India is flooded with faulty Oneplus devices. At Least it was with the One,X, and the 2..

4. Carl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 7, 2016

Carl , Jul 7, 2016 :
    You misunderstood. Of course warranty covers quality issues. But note that there are norms in every industry to what a quality issue is, and that it's not something arbitrarily decided in an online discussion. @taosu understands what I mean.

RonaldM and youbi like this.
  5. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Jul 7, 2016

Shuller , Jul 7, 2016 :
    So... yes first of all we do not know what kind of issues was in there... and if Amazon did replaces... I assume there was some issues... not necessarily deviations...

Carl is the one who jumped on with some frustrations...

I was writting about defective devices because user got devices replaced because of defects and not deviations...

So if there are some confusions... that is all because of Carl...

P.S. All Mods are Working for OP?

6. pierrelf
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2016

pierrelf , Jul 7, 2016 :
    Someone's gonna get fired xD

7. taosu
    Froyo Jul 7, 2016

taosu , Jul 7, 2016 :
    Amazon takes whatever you want to return. No questions asked, regardless if it's defective or not. At least it's like this in Canada.

pablofg1978, superplus and youbi like this.
  8. Carl

Carl , Jul 7, 2016 :
    Ever heard of "no questions asked" returns?

9. Anjoschka
    Froyo Jul 7, 2016

Anjoschka , Jul 7, 2016 :
    Very interesting I did not know there was such a thing! I would be very interested in knowimg what display issues where there now.

Also I tried what you showed me and did some of the tests, passed the ones I did but not this. As you can see I am a newbie and have no idea what that means.

Attached Files:

10. taosu
    Froyo Jul 7, 2016

taosu , Jul 7, 2016 :
    I don't really know what the tests are. I just discovered this another day after reading some other threads :p

EDIT: I saw the image, you need to place the phone flat to test the gyroscope..

11. Graham Robertson
    Jul 7, 2016

Graham Robertson , Jul 7, 2016 :
    I'll keep this very brief,
    if this is your company's attitude to this owners issues,
    Sorry, but you have just lost any remaining respect
    that I had for your "Company"
    Your answer, is visible proof that it is not just One Plus
    and it's business that is Immature, Clearly, so are it's staff.
    Ban me from this forum if you wish.
    as I don't care.

tedulus, avEmonstaa, AkinY. and 2 others like this.
  12. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Jul 7, 2016

Shuller , Jul 7, 2016 :
    So I guess we were speaking about different things... you are mixing returns with device replace because of defects... here came the confusion...

As I understand... returns are for getting full refund... for the new added 14 days

Replace is covered by warranty...

Replacements on the other hand need some questions... so it's not my problem anyway...

If you do return, replace the exact same process...

Carl likes this.
  13. hogwarts1982

hogwarts1982 , Jul 7, 2016 :
    How do you even know that this guy got two phones with defective displays? Maybe he has been influenced by some other posts in this forum and trying to find out faults in an otherwise decent screen. Maybe he is looking for that perfect display and thus taking advantage of Amazon's return policy and keep getting replacements till he is satisfied. He didn't really get the defects validated at a Service Center, did he? May he is like that Anandtech reviewer who called the display the worst ever he had seen.
    Or perhaps he did get a faulty display in the first place. If that was the case then he should have settled for a refund after the second phone turned out bad. And this is not a one off case either, there are many people trying their luck by getting 3-4 replacements till (in their mind) they have the perfect device. But as a result more genuine buyers are having to wait for the stocks to be replenished. Please remember this is no Apple or Samsung who have millions of units in inventory.

14. F_Ahmet_Anıl_Çolak_ACX
    Eclair Jul 7, 2016

F_Ahmet_Anıl_Çolak_ACX , Jul 7, 2016 :
    We don't know the OP's issue, as he didn't specify it. But like I said, I assume he has a defected phone. Maybe he's not able to deal with the screen variances, but I can't judge on that without seeing the phone myself.

First of all, thanks for replying :)

I understand that there are norms to what a quality issue is. The OP said he had issues with the screen, and I've read multiple threads in which people complain about a yellowish tint and/or yellow lines on the screen. I thought maybe that is the OP's problem. I'm just pointing out that if the customer as an issue, that issue should be taken care of by the company. And since all of us bought our phones from the internet, we can't go to a store and ask if it is normal. Which is in my opinion the reason why OP keeps returning phones.

Shuller likes this.
  15. kaghedo
    Jelly Bean Jul 7, 2016

kaghedo , Jul 7, 2016 :
    Easy dude ;)

16. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Jul 7, 2016

Shuller , Jul 7, 2016 :
    that's the exact thing I try to tell them... and I am still the one wrong and they still know how to do business...

Sorry Carl... It might be because of some confusions, or because of difference in languages we are native... anyway... this statements that OP might not be a brand for you... are very frustrating for a Customer...

this meens you do not care about customers...

Look at Apple if you brought here this example... look how much they "show" they care... even if it is not real truth... and you? you arw showing that you don't care...

no more words to say...

17. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Jul 7, 2016

Shuller , Jul 7, 2016 :
    )))

He went through Replacement process... so I was asuming there was real defects on the screen first 2 times he requested the change...

Right now, noone knows)))

18. Graham Robertson
    Jul 7, 2016

Graham Robertson , Jul 7, 2016 :
    I don't feel an open Forum is the place
    for an owner of a "company" to be making
    statements such as these.
    A PM or a support ticket response
    would have been far more inline with
    a good business ethic.

19. Carl

Carl , Jul 7, 2016 :
    I agree with this. We grew fast and weren't always able to provide the best experience. But we've learned that it's better to show than tell so I'll stop here. :)

20. hogwarts1982

hogwarts1982 , Jul 7, 2016 :
    Yes I believe he is from India and yes you are right that Indians seem to be worst hit as far as getting defective devices are concerned. Perhaps its because of the sheer number of devices that are selling in India. Or some of my Indian friends are too skeptical of their purchase and always manage to find some fault or the other.

patrice58 and Robson like this.