What's your current phone and why do you want to upgrade to OnePlus One?

1. fabripav
    Honeycomb Mar 15, 2014

fabripav , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I have a cheap Acer Liquid E2 Duo, which is actually awesome for the price. I'd just need some more RAM.

I'll upgrade because of bigger/better screen and battery, way better design, way better camera and the CM software support.

2. Cogra147
    Honeycomb Mar 15, 2014

Cogra147 , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit running a CM build i'm working on.
    The phone is small, uncomfortable, and not much development going on...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014

3. Salva
    Jelly Bean Mar 15, 2014

Salva , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I have a Lg Optimus 3D and the reasons I want to upgrade to 1+ 1 are :
    - bigger screen
    - more powerfull
    - better camera
    - more rom capacity

Rodri_RR likes this.
  4. Radeon962
    KitKat Mar 15, 2014

Radeon962 , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Note 3 owner but love to try out new phones. I buy most of my phones used and then resell my phone. Did this with pretty much all of my phones except the Nexus as the price new was hardly a premium over a used one and I expect the OnePlus One to be the same.

I have no need to change from the Note 3 other than I would like a phone just a touch smaller in width with similar battery life.

OnePlus seems like a perfect mix of Note 3, HTC One, Moto X and Nexus 5. From what has been revealed I believe that it will be the perfect phone I have been looking for.

tpboi and Marlon like this.
  5. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 15, 2014

Adam Krisko , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I currently use a Verizon gs4 on Tmobile running AOKP nightlies (not made for the network, but I've modified it enough to pull in some lte) so that's one of the reasons for me changing. But the main reason is I'm changing is that I love supporting wonderful technology companies. I've been here since the beginning, and I'm sure I'll be with the company for a long, long time. :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014

Akki likes this.
  6. GregOrevo
    Gingerbread Mar 15, 2014

GregOrevo , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Yup @Akki it's a nice thread :)

Well, i'm using the Alcatel OneTouch Idol Mini :
    alca.jpg
    And the reasons why i want to change it, well, it was my first android phone,
    and i really feel the need of an upgrade now! :)
    And as @Sparkolo perfectly said :
    :)

Attached Files:

Akki likes this.
  7. plikmuny
    Honeycomb Mar 15, 2014

plikmuny , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Hi I am using Xiaomi Mi2S 32GB with WIUI custom ROM... it is the best Mi2S can get & reached a saturation level.
    I miss CM features & Xiaomi is not supported by CM due to many issues with GPL licences & all.
    The phone is hardware wise best in its price range, but looks little bulky to me & not so good battery mainly because Xiaomi has not released kernel sources ... which is hampering the development process of few bugs..

All in all OPO phone looks , feels & specs wise so far great with CM support & it is within my budget range...
    What more reasons you want to upgrade your current smart phone to OPO Flagship phone ? eventhough i bought my Mi2S 5 months ago, i am willing to dump it because when i have the opportunity to get the best phone in terms of all factors, who will care settling for less ?

#Never Settle !

8. Chim Diesel
    Froyo Mar 15, 2014

Chim Diesel , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Motorola Defy with CM11. The battery is dying, it's slow to load apps, and the call quality is not that good.
    I need a Nexus like phone with a monster battery - OnePlus please don't let me down :)

9. James Gray
    Cupcake Mar 15, 2014

James Gray , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I'm currently using the Nexus 5. I really enjoy it. However, I would love to have a bigger screen 5.5" I think is the perfect size for a smart phone. Previously I had an Xperia Z1 and a ZUltra ( which was just a little too big ) before that I had a note 2. It seems like every phone that comes out is lacking in something. It's got a great camera but crappy processor. Or a great screen and a crappy camera, or software or bad battery life. If what they are saying about the 1+ is true this is going to be my dream phone. I cant wait!

10. infernowheels
    Jelly Bean Mar 15, 2014

infernowheels , Mar 15, 2014 :
    My current phone is the LG Optimus Black(see my sig for info), I've decided to upgrade to the OnePlus One since it's (rumored) release coincides well with my graduation and 2 year phone life cycle. It also seems to be something that fits well into what I'm looking for in a smartphone, whether it may be hardware or software.

11. Pedro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 15, 2014

Pedro , Mar 15, 2014 :
    galaxy express, was thinking on galaxy s3 with 3000 mah battery but adds too much bulk, i want this one because it has better battery at around same price and way better specs :D

12. Tobbe
    Gingerbread Mar 15, 2014

Tobbe , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Omni ROM (Android 4.4.2) and I feel the need of buying a new phone now that my contract has ended (I bought a HTC One X with that contract but later sold it after I bought the Note 2).
    I've thought of switching to an iPhone because there's rumors that it might arrive with a bigger display and I really like the high quality of Apple´s products, but then I heard about OnePlus and their ambition to make a good looking, powerful and high quality phone running Android and I just felt that it might become the perfect phone for me. Especially since I like to have the ability to customize my phone which Android lets me do :D It's going to be cheaper than most other phones too, so that's a bonus :)

13. Frederick
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 15, 2014

14. Darkness
    Froyo Mar 15, 2014

Darkness , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I'm using SE mini pro. I want to change it because i want something faster and bigger:D

15. ram gupta
    Honeycomb Mar 15, 2014

ram gupta , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Galaxy S3 running Omni and Xperia Ion running stock. Was thoroughly inclined to go for the Note 3.But, happened to read about the One Plus One, joined the forum in dec and been around since.Why? Because I love their philosophy and their transparency.Hopefully, this doesn't change as they become big .Not to mention the device which is shaping up to be a killer.They have a fan in me.

16. Luka
    Froyo Mar 15, 2014

Luka , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I'm using a Sony xperia U and i want to change because it's a POS phone. It has more bugs than an ant farm. For example, today i am able to rotate my home screen:
    [​IMG]
    Tomorrow it will be something less fun. So on and so on...

hazzavg likes this.
  17. Vasilis
    Gingerbread Mar 15, 2014

Vasilis , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I have all ready tell in the forum I am an apple fan so I have the iPhone 5s after iphone 4 and iPhone 4s and I am looking a smartphone to blow my mind after wmc and other leaks of phones they only project is still in the game is OPO until know!!!
    I cross my fingers

18. Yousif
    Eclair Mar 15, 2014

Yousif , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I have an S4 mini that I tried to root but instead it messed up my phone signal.
    1. I want CM
    2. A good camera
    3. A nice looking phone
    4. A phone that can last more than 12 hours on one charge
    5. A phone with modern specs

19. yungtris
    Eclair Mar 15, 2014

yungtris , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I have a Nexus 4. The phone is decent, but the camera is terrible and the battery life isn't great. I'm only going to push stock Android though, so this falls into my garden.

20. frankifol
    Cupcake Mar 15, 2014

frankifol , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I have an xperia u and I want to change it only because I need bugger display. On the other hand I want to spend the lesser.
    Let's see this 1+1, It is oppo manufactured but with cyanogen, very good hardware without colors. I think I it could be worth for a try!