What's your current phone and why do you want to upgrade to OnePlus One?

1. Noel
    Jelly Bean Mar 15, 2014

Noel , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I'm using my backup phone HTC wildfire as I dunked my Newman n2 in the drink :-( holding off getting a new phone until 1+1 comes out

2. likebutta
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 15, 2014

likebutta , Mar 15, 2014 :
    My current phone is a Galaxy Nexus. It's served me well but is behind the times in processing power and the screen is slowly degenerating (horizontal lines). That said, I am currently looking to get the HTC One (2014) but I recently learned about about the OnePlus One. I am very interested in their approach in creating this phone and the details so far are very appealing to me. That said, I am looking to make my purchase soon (within the next 30-60 days) so one of the last two important things to me will be it's build style and quality of materials used, as well as clarification on their "dual/stereo speakers). I hope to we'll be able to see this phone within a short time frame so I will decide whether I want to wait or move on to my other option.

3. Vincent
    Donut Mar 15, 2014

Vincent , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Oppo find mirror R819. Really want to upgrade to OPO coz i see OPO have all latest smartphone needed with affordable price also have great community who support it

4. Armand

Armand , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I am using an htc One silver 32gb with Android 4.4.2, Nv Project Rom. I want to change to this OnePlus because I love smartphones, I am an insane lover of technology :D
    I change my phone every 1 year, and when I saw that company I was like OMG it's for me ! :p

5. May I Taste
    Honeycomb Mar 15, 2014

May I Taste , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Hi, my current phone is OnePlus 1 as I come from the future. Wait, erh no, this is in my dreams..

I just purchased an Xperia z1 that I intended to flash with CM11, but now that our awesome thing is coming I will keep it like this and sell it soon, but among every phone that I had it's the one I enjoyed the most. I hope to find like on the Z1, a magnetic charging connector because the micro-usb is quickly tired to be used every day.

Reason why switch to One+One: a phone made with real intention to do it carefully, a team who is interested at their customers, CM onboard and updates guaranteed. The best at its best!

I just took a pic of very nice flowers with the z1 (around 18:00, very cloudy)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014

6. Mark Falsing
    Moderator Moderator Mar 15, 2014

Mark Falsing , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 running CM 11, Apple 5S, and now A VIVO Xplay 3S. Over the past two years I've been searching for a phone which I would be satisfied with but never did find one. (Was pretty close to buying a HTC One) Discovered Chinese brands like VIVO, Meizu, Xiaomi and Oppo just last year. Opted to go for the VIVO to cover my phablet needs, but still need a smartphone.
    Actually I'm just looking for an excuse to buy a OnePlus One :D
    Plus I really like what the OnePlus guys are doing and would like to show my appreciation by buying their phone.
    I just have this gut feeling that the OPO is going to be a fantastic phone to look at and to use.

script and GregOrevo like this.
  7. nguser
    KitKat Mar 15, 2014

nguser , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Point Of Sale or Piece Of Shit?

8. Elisha Siegelman
    Cupcake Mar 15, 2014

9. Marlon
    Gingerbread Mar 15, 2014

Marlon , Mar 15, 2014 :
    This is a great thread idea. Thank you!

Ive been selling phones since 2005 or so. And I've had pretty much every North American phone brand. I've had like 20 or so phones.

Using GS3 with CM11. I was just about to order a Gaxaly Note 3 when I came across a retweet about One Plus on Twitter.

My priority feature in a phone is battery life, everything else comes after that. So you can see why I'm ready to move on* from a GS3 which are notoriously known for their poor* battery life. I have tried extended battery packs and larger batteries. The anker battery my wife and I used was great until it fried the main board on my wife's GS3, then I was like nah ;p

The philosophy of the company plus what I'm willing to spend have me here.

Here it's a list of phones I was narrowing down before I heard of OPO:

Goophone N3+
    HTC desire 816
    Moto X
    Zenfone 6

Akki likes this.
  10. Luka
    Froyo Mar 15, 2014

Luka , Mar 15, 2014 :
    2nd one :D

nguser likes this.
  11. SoulTribunal
    Jelly Bean Mar 15, 2014

SoulTribunal , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Using a s3 running cm 11, I actually really like it. But the screen is cracked something fierce so I'm looking for a new phone, and nothing compares to the bacon imo ;-)

12. Jakub Smolar

Jakub Smolar , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - After "upgrade" to android 4.3, experiencing really bad battery drainage (even after reflashing the firmware, factory resets, battery recalibrations etc.), I am getting sick of owning a phone, which has tons of blotaware preinstalled, an OS that is filled with features, which are useless and just take space on the iternal SD and by a company, which in terms of "security" integrates software (KNOX), which at least in my case made my phone instable (sidebar not working after stock-root anymore, FC of apps are usual - and I know what I am doing here, this is not my first android phone. Everything was working on 4.1.2), while being a watchdog, permanently overlooking what I am doing with my phone... No thank you!
    Really loking forward to a CM-OS phone. Just hope that ROOT won't be an issue :p

13. Frederick

Frederick , Mar 15, 2014 :
    How's the Bluetooth after flashing to cm11? I flashed my s3 to cm 10.2 and the Bluetooth and GPS is really bad.

14. The Maxassin
    Froyo Mar 15, 2014

The Maxassin , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I have an original HTC Desire and a Lumia 620. The HTC is old and the battery life is shocking (comes with a really old smartphone) and the usable memory space of 150MB with even the smallest of ROMS is disappointing. The Lumia also has a bad battery life and very little space due to the restrictions of the WP8 software on external storage. My main reasons for getting the OnePlus is the fact that it is relatively cheap, runs CyanogenMod out of the box, and it should last me a few years. :)

15. twright9789
    Froyo Mar 15, 2014

twright9789 , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Currently have an iPhone 4S...I don't really think I need to say why I'm upgrading because the fact I have a 4S should explain that all. The OPO will be my first Android phone and I can't wait to use it. Been a lover of technology for awhile and have no plans on stopping :D

May I Taste likes this.
  16. SoulTribunal
    Jelly Bean Mar 15, 2014

SoulTribunal , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Just fine, are you running nightlies or the milestone? I use the nightlies

17. nguser
    KitKat Mar 15, 2014

nguser , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Man, it was very frustrating. At last I decided to ask for a refund instead of waiting for another (probably defective too) replacement. Worst customer care ever.

We're probably thinking about the same company. Its name starts with "S" and finishes with "amsung". Am I right?

Akki and GregOrevo like this.
  18. caffeine

caffeine , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Nexus 4 with CM11. And I really don't need to buy a new phone. But ever since Moto X came out with that always listening mode.. I almost end up buying it, but I'd need to settle for lower specs than my N4. And then I started following 1+ Never settle. Enough said. I'm eagerly anticipating the reveal of One.

19. Frederick

Frederick , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I've tried mostly nightlies. My bluetooth won't turn off a lot of times when I try to turn it off after turning it on. GPS updates its location every 2 seconds in the maps app, it's perfectly smooth using stock ROM. Then the stock ROM is so laggy even I have a debloated ROM... Come one 1+, let me buy your phone already.

20. arccx