What's your current phone and why do you want to upgrade to OnePlus One?

1. SoulTribunal
    Jelly Bean Mar 15, 2014

SoulTribunal , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Odd, the only thing I can think of is maybe update your bootloader and modem, or check the forums out and see if someone else gas the problem

2. vlad
    Donut Mar 15, 2014

vlad , Mar 15, 2014 :
    Xperia Z. It's a brilliant phone, so nice that I won't actually change it unless convinced otherwise (this shouldn't sound cynical, it's just a phone that meets my expectations). If I were to upgrade (and OnePlus One is definitely high in the list and it's not even out), here are the things that would convince me to do it (grades reflect importance on a scale from 1 to 10):

- larger display in similar form factor (9) - this is definitely the most important one: I find 5,5 FHD to be the perfect balance between readability and portability.
    - better battery (3)
    - design (2) - however, it's rather difficult to beat XZ's design, I find it almost perfect, better than XZ1 and XZ2.
    - materials used (7)
    - secondary e-ink display (just like in Yota2) (9) - being able to read for hours and hours on an e-ink display of similar size, even at a slightly smaller resolution is something I've dreamed about in a long time.

3. lUsamaCyan
    Gingerbread Mar 15, 2014

4. jclgan
    Gingerbread Mar 15, 2014

jclgan , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I'm rocking a GSM Galaxy Nexus rooted with Cyanogenmod 11. My phone contract isn't up until December 2015, but I've been suppressing the upgrade itch, which (thankfully) has usually subsided after the hype of a flagship dies down to reveal a relatively underwhelming announcement.

Why I'm looking to upgrade:
    - Better battery life. I carry a spare extended battery in my pocket sometimes because my phone won't last me a full day
    - Better camera. My old Galaxy S2 had a better shooter, I think! Would simply appreciate non-grainy images and less overexposed flash (please have dual LEDs? :p)
    - More RAM. When I've got a few apps running in the background my phone stutters, though overall performance-wise I'm okay. I'm not at all perturbed by the fact that OnePlus went with the 800 instead of the 805 if they can balance performance and affordability.
    - Louder speakers. I can barely hear my GNex's notifications sometimes.

Fingers crossed :D

5. martin lukas
    Gingerbread Mar 15, 2014

6. Marlon
    Gingerbread Mar 15, 2014

Marlon , Mar 15, 2014 :
    This may not be the right fit for you given your specified needs

7. Meleagru
    Froyo Mar 15, 2014

Meleagru , Mar 15, 2014 :
    I have a Nexus 5 and I'm happy with it. It's definitely not a prefect phone but it serves my current needs.

If the OPO is good enough, I might make the jump but I'm waiting for the whole package to be revealed.

I like that it has direct support from CM, that it has a big battery and hopefully good build quality and camera. My only real gripe is that it might be a bit unwieldy.

There are still other big phones that are going to be launched this year, the G3, the Moto X 2, Oppo's Find 7. I'm not excited about anything from HTC because I've heard too many horror stories about their quality control.

8. Gerardo Miele
    Community Veteran Mar 16, 2014

ram gupta and Adam Krisko like this.
  9. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 16, 2014

Adam Krisko , Mar 16, 2014 :
    Come to the dark side... We have cookies!

Akki, ram gupta, GregOrevo and 2 others like this.
  10. Gerardo Miele
    Community Veteran Mar 16, 2014

Gerardo Miele , Mar 16, 2014 :
    I hope it will be a good choice. 1+1 will be my first android phone...

11. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 16, 2014

Adam Krisko , Mar 16, 2014 :
    It should be, they way things are working out. It'll be fun when you discover rooting, (which should be easy on this phone) remember, if you have any questions the Android Community is a great one, just ask. (just make sure you do your research before you create a thread or ask a silly question, we will call you out on it.) :) I have a thread here, and you can often find help on xda or other communities.

This is mine
    http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/general-phone-tech-help.360/

12. mirnhasan
    Cupcake Mar 16, 2014

13. Rob W
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 16, 2014

Rob W , Mar 16, 2014 :
    Current phones are the ones in my signature.
    They should be changing very soon for some new releases.

14. Apogee
    Gingerbread Mar 16, 2014

Apogee , Mar 16, 2014 :
    The Z1s (T-Mo), it's a lovely device really but there are some things that aren't so great. Camera is quite as optimized as I wish it was, there's so much potential specially with the large aperture they gave the lens. The battery life is kind of lacking for the 3000mAH they stuck in it. Also, there's currently no root and I don't think there will be for the T-Mo variant of the Z1. The Z1 looks like it has superb support but just a bummer T-MO decided to pull a Verizon or ATT and lock it from the factory.

The Z1s is a great phone, don't get me wrong. It's definitely up there especially in camera performance if you use it right but without root and the fact that the One will be cheaper, it's enough to sell and opt for the One.

15. Akki
    Jelly Bean Mar 16, 2014

Akki , Mar 16, 2014 :
    You, sir, made my day :D

nguser likes this.
  16. muddy46
    Jelly Bean Mar 16, 2014

muddy46 , Mar 16, 2014 :
    Currently using a 3-yrs old rooted LG android phone running gingerbread :oops: Time to upgrade. Also time to switch carriers.

17. Tyler Hansen
    Gingerbread Mar 16, 2014

Tyler Hansen , Mar 16, 2014 :
    I'm currently using the LG G2 and I want to switch because,
    1. The batter life is deteriorating very fast.
    2. The phone gets scraped up and chipped easy.
    3. I want the OnePlus One because it's going to be amazing of course!

18. GregOrevo
    Gingerbread Mar 16, 2014

GregOrevo , Mar 16, 2014 :
    We also have cofee, and bacon coming soon :rolleyes:

19. Syedafzal.shah
    Eclair Mar 16, 2014

Syedafzal.shah , Mar 16, 2014 :
    Xperia M here... No root or nothing, can't afford to lose my only device,

Want to upgrade to OPO as it comes with CM and doesn't void my warranty and a high end device for below 400$ which may be just above 30k here in India

20. Akki
    Jelly Bean Mar 16, 2014

Akki , Mar 16, 2014 :
    Why buddy? Rooting does no harm unless you mess with the system files.

I hope it'll be below 30K ;)

veturiravi and Syedafzal.shah like this.