What's your current phone and why do you want to upgrade to OnePlus One?

1. Samwise
    Cupcake Mar 16, 2014

Samwise , Mar 16, 2014 :
    I'm using SGS II Plus with CyanogenMod 11. OnePlus One three times as powerful. It is predictable that I'll buy it. (Google Translate can make mistakes).

2. dirk
    Honeycomb Mar 16, 2014

dirk , Mar 16, 2014 :
    It's a bit complicated.
    We're an Apple family since 2001. Now we've got a hardly used Cube G4, 3 macbook pro's, Apple Tv, Ipod Photo (9 years and counting) Airport xtreme and other airports, and since december an ipod touch 5th gen 64GB.

Ipod touch was bought to ultimatly replace the ipod photo (performing great except for battery life) and to get an idea about iOS7 before paying the hefty price of an iPhone.

Syncing problems of this new iPod touch with iTunes and the crazy way Apple support and service center handled this, have driven me over the edge with Apple. Whilst at the Apple Service Center, I discoverd iPhones had the same problem sometimes. Seems like Apple has a problem with an 'upsidedown piramid' called iTunes. Start of the decline I'd say. If one counts the number of devices iTunes can sync with and compare that to the number of different hardware devices on the Android (or windows) platform, I can only but question Apple's claims for the best software and hardwareteam. They're loosing it for sure !

Years back Apple cared (or showed concern) for the hardwareproblems one could have (only 2 in total with all this hardware, in the past 13 years). Resolution was on par with the product and premium price paid.

So I'm 'off' the iPhone and the restrictive Apple eco system, and a good start for switching would be a smartphone outside of that eco system.

I've been looking a lot into the Sony Z2 and the upcoming HTC one (2014) but find this project worthwhile waiting for.

ram gupta, Carl, Adam Krisko and 2 others like this.
  3. Syedafzal.shah
    Eclair Mar 16, 2014

Syedafzal.shah , Mar 16, 2014 :
    I don't know how to root and unlock bootloader or how to flash a custom ROM, and I am afraid of doing that All....
    If OPO really costs below $400 then it will be around 26k and after adding all those custom duty charge and all it will be 30k... So let's hope

4. Akki
    Jelly Bean Mar 16, 2014

Akki , Mar 16, 2014 :
    Everything becomes easy if you go through your device forums @XDA if anything goes wrong like having bootloop or something, you can flash ftf files using flashtool (only for Sony devices, no root or UBL required for that)

I really hope they would include India in their first 10 countries :)

5. Syedafzal.shah
    Eclair Mar 16, 2014

I've searched a lot and still can't understand the process... And my friend tried this rooting process on his device, it's same as Mine (Xperia M) he unlocked the bootloader and rooted his device and then it unrooted itself... Don't know what's the problem Der...

I wish that too... R u also from India? Where?

6. nguser
    KitKat Mar 16, 2014

nguser , Mar 16, 2014 :
    ...and you'll gonna love it a lot!

GregOrevo likes this.
  7. Akki
    Jelly Bean Mar 16, 2014

Akki , Mar 16, 2014 :
    Maybe he flashed a ROM that is not pre rooted

I'm from Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh.

8. Syedafzal.shah
    Eclair Mar 16, 2014

A firmware update came OTA, he updated it and boom... Unroot.... Oh you are also from AP.. Me too, I am from Warangal... Telangana :D

9. Akki
    Jelly Bean Mar 16, 2014

Akki , Mar 16, 2014 :
    Maybe we should start a conversation rather than filling this thread lol

10. Syedafzal.shah
    Eclair Mar 16, 2014

Yeah sure... What ever you say ;)

11. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 16, 2014

GregOrevo likes this.
  12. es82mod
    Gingerbread Mar 16, 2014

es82mod , Mar 16, 2014 :
    I have a Samsung Galaxy i9100 wich is rooted with cm11 infected by markox. Now i want a phone with more "power" ;) and Oneplus is just something i need to follow :D

13. Adam Krisko

Adam Krisko , Mar 16, 2014 :
    The first step is always the hardest, but Android users have a wonderful rooting community, I highly recommend checking into the xda forums, or even rootzwiki. There are very few phones that can't be easily rooted. Good luck in your endeavors!

Syedafzal.shah likes this.
  14. Syedafzal.shah
    Eclair Mar 16, 2014

OK... I will try... Thanks

15. Nagasaky2x
    Jelly Bean Mar 16, 2014

Nagasaky2x , Mar 16, 2014 :
    I have a MLais MX58 PRO, and I want a One because battery life is shit (2 hours of screen-on time), performance is really bad with hard tasks (even PvZ 2 slows down), and RAM is limiting my apps.

16. Ramunas
    Cupcake Mar 16, 2014

Ramunas , Mar 16, 2014 :
    I'm using Pantech Vega Iron a870s. First what I like about it:
    1. Slim bezels, almost zero,so far no one has better, until someone won't make better I don't want to change my phone.
    2. I was dropping it an asfalt many times ant it didn't broke just lost camera glass protection and now my lens are scratched so don't have camera anymore...
    3. OS is very nice.
    What I dislike:
    1. Camera in low light it's just terrible... anyway it just crappy for 13Mp...
    2. Battery is hybrid 2100mah it silicon hybrid+ should work as 3000mah regular Lion mah but last only a day oh hard using... sometimes need to replace a second battery...(OnePlus suppose to have 3100mah, my girlfriend has lg g2 with 3000 mah it performs much better she don't use very hard so she able to use a week... buy the way oppo 7 wil have 4000mah so hope OnePlus has a big surprise for use other wise the phone will be same shit but in different hand :)
    3. Because it has metal frame around when I use games or 3G/4G it's just getting to hot, when is +5C or lower it is too cold to hold in hand.
    4. It has brick form edges are too sharp it doesn't fill up my hand comfortable, that is why I sometimes drop my phone from hands it is just too slippy.
    5. No HiFi sound, speakers are on back cover so when it lies down on a back it is difficult to hear a call same in a pocket.

17. Phil
    Eclair Mar 16, 2014

18. Adam Krisko

Adam Krisko , Mar 16, 2014 :
    Make sure you RESEARCH before you jump in, read all posts and know what problems could arise with your phone during the rooting process. I studied for several days before I jumped in. If you have questions ask, just make sure you search if someone already asked the question you had already. Good luck and Welcome to the rooting community!

19. Syedafzal.shah
    Eclair Mar 16, 2014

Thanks... Will try after my exams.... :)

GregOrevo likes this.
  20. Adam Krisko

Syedafzal.shah likes this.