What's your current phone and why do you want to upgrade to OnePlus One?

1. Zach Mauch
    Gingerbread Mar 23, 2014

Zach Mauch , Mar 23, 2014 :
    I'm on the Moto X right now. I love a lot of things about it like battery life, touchless control, and active display. I'll really mis the active display, but the 1+1 is looking too good to pass up.

2. Akki
    Jelly Bean Mar 23, 2014

Akki , Mar 23, 2014 :
    That's very unlikely :D
    Technology is changing faster than Taylor Swift's boyfriend :cool:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014

Deactivated User and Adam Krisko like this.
  3. twright9789
    Froyo Mar 23, 2014

twright9789 , Mar 23, 2014 :
    I can't wait to join! I am a bit worried about the learning curve of Android coming from iOS.

4. ram gupta
    Honeycomb Mar 23, 2014

ram gupta , Mar 23, 2014 :
    Maybe for the first few days.Then you enter the cave of rooting and flashing and then you attain enlightenment.

5. twright9789
    Froyo Mar 23, 2014

twright9789 , Mar 23, 2014 :
    I'm a power user so I'll be putting quite a lot of time into the phone daily. So hoping I knock that learning curve out quicker than usual

6. Akki
    Jelly Bean Mar 23, 2014

Akki , Mar 23, 2014 :
    I'm sure, you will ;)

twright9789 likes this.
  7. rephaelhermon
    Honeycomb Mar 23, 2014

rephaelhermon , Mar 23, 2014 :
    I'm using a Nexus 4 8gb
    I'd love a OnePlus One with a 4+in screen, extra storage capabilities, tremendous battery life, excellent sound quality, amazing camera, no bloatware, availability for light, open and secure operating systems, long lasting hw and stability and other innovative features.

nguser likes this.
  8. Victoram
    Eclair Mar 23, 2014

9. Allanitomwesh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 23, 2014

Allanitomwesh , Mar 23, 2014 :
    I'm currently using an Alcatel T POP as a placeholder. I need to upgrade because I feel upgrading now,there won't be much in the near future to compell another upgrade. Not hardware wise anyway. I could use this for years :)

10. jsimpson1221
    Gingerbread Mar 23, 2014

11. Pedro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 23, 2014

Pedro , Mar 23, 2014 :
    Galaxy Express and i want to change to opo because this is slo-

ow.
    Sorry, it jammed. :p

rephaelhermon likes this.
  12. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Mar 24, 2014

Chinda , Mar 24, 2014 :
    Android is a piece of cake compared to ios :)

twright9789 likes this.
  13. Allanitomwesh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 24, 2014

14. dr3am_r
    Gingerbread Mar 24, 2014

dr3am_r , Mar 24, 2014 :
    Currently having a Nexus 4 after HTC Desire and Galaxy SII. They all have in common the software i used -> CyanogenMod, so for me the fact that 1+ One has native support for this ROM is a great +.
    2. Display quality. The LGE Nexus 4 has a good screen but not the best (cold colors, narrow viewing angles, blueish blacks). HTC One (also JDI) has a great one. With good angles and warmer colors than Nexus 4.
    3. Body design. I really want an aluminium unibody and again in this category 1+ for One.
    4. Battery life. When i leave to work i have 100% battery ... arrive at work 1 hour later ... 70%. Most of the time by 7 PM i have only 10-15% remaining. (the battery lasts longer with custom kernel like franco`s)
    5. Great camera. As the photo contest showed ... the 1+ One camera is great even in low light retaining alot of details. Nexus 4 is known to have a below average camera. Also the 5 MP shooter for selfies is great :)
    6. microSD support (this is not yet confirmed but more of a wish / request). 64 GB may be enough for most of you guys but if you carry lots of music / movies / photos ... it will eventually be full ... so support for microSD would be nice for me (another let down of Nexus 4 - mine is the 16GB version).

Would be great from the guys at 1+ if we the forum members get the phone first.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014

rephaelhermon and Akki like this.
  15. bhavin
    Froyo Mar 24, 2014

bhavin , Mar 24, 2014 :
    I am using Meizu Mx 16 gb, from last 2 years it was so nice to be a first user in india and i purchased on lunch date from shandong jinan china,
    since i am using flyme os which is custom rom based on android from meizu, after a numbers of release of flyme updates, i got the stable firmware for my phone,
    but still there is a lot's of issue with the OS, there is a app stores of meizu but all in chinese, secondly most worst issue with the phone is battery, now could not stays for a day ends, having single band wifi for a poor wifi signal :(, phone backside i dont don't know what it is exact A plastic? very sleepy in hands, easily Scrabble i am using portion cover since i brought, but it's looks very ugly.
    time for something very extraordinary i hope one+ is the one for me.

as of now only i concern about One+ is 5.5 " screen and phone size,

because my mx having perfect 4.7 screen and comfortable size for single hands operations.

16. lazaros poumpouridis
    Froyo Mar 25, 2014

lazaros poumpouridis , Mar 25, 2014 :
    Have an oppo find 5, love it and dont have A reason to upgrade, there is one thing that i miss very much though.. A fm radio..

17. hydroninja9
    Honeycomb Mar 25, 2014

nguser likes this.
  18. Dkouyou
    Honeycomb Mar 25, 2014

Dkouyou , Mar 25, 2014 :
    I am actually using a Nexus 4 which i own since august 2013. It is rooted and running CM 11 M4. Also, i have flashed hybrid radio so i can have LTE enabled ( Yes, i live in Canada and all carriers are using Band 4 so I'm ok ^^).

I want to make the switch because of the battery life. I have to stop myself from using it because i will kill it before dinner time, i don't want to settle on this anymore
    Also, the camera is not the better, especially in low light. After seeing the photo contest and what the 1+1 was able in those conditions, i got hooked, no more settle!
    Finally, i want 1+1 screen. Size+resolution+JDI. I want them all.

Oh and having the bootloader "factory unlocked" is a really big plus for me.

For all these reasons, GOGO 1+1. Never Settle!
    And I really wish it will be available for Canadians! <3 =D

GregOrevo likes this.
  19. Parsa A
    Gingerbread Mar 26, 2014

Parsa A , Mar 26, 2014 :
    I have a Galaxy SIII, and I want my next phone to be a powerhouse for heavy use and hours upon hours of screen-on time.

20. dmo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 26, 2014

dmo , Mar 26, 2014 :
    I have a Nexus 5.

Why I want to switch?

1. Better camera
    2. Better battery life
    3. Always on listening
    4. Likely the ability to implement dt2w or s2w without draining the battery to death (the Nexus 5 was poorly designed in this aspect where the LCD is tied to the digitizer in power)