What’s your favorite Android Pie feature?

1. Manu J. Beta Program and Dev Relations Staff Member Sep 26, 2018

Manu J., Sep 26, 2018 :
    Hey everyone,

How is the Pie tasting?

After many hours of development, we finally rolled out OxygenOS 9.0 to the world. As you might know, there was a lot of effort behind this update, so we're excited to hear how you like the Pie. What’s your favorite Android Pie feature?

I will be listing some of the new features you can check out in OxygenOS 9.0. My favorite is the brand new UI, which is vastly different from the previous versions.
    1. Brand new UI
      • We’ve used new, a simplified, minimalistic, linear design. It's complexity has been reduced, which differentiates OnePlus from Pure Android and other OEM Skins.
    2. Multi-tasking management interface
      t7.png
      • In Android Pie, the multi-tasking management interface has been changed from a vertical card view to the horizontal card view. As a result, the app previews will not be blocked.
      • The new way to clear a task is to swipe up when you're on the preview card. In addition, you can view and change the "split screen," "lock or unlock" and "application information" by clicking the menu button in the upper right corner.
    3. New UI for Dial interface, call interface and contact icon
      t6.png
    4. Notification center and Quick settings
      t5.png
      • Enjoy a more consistent user experience for Quick Settings with all the toggles, plus an updated visual design. Intuitive feeling is a word for the new UI, with circles, rounded rectangle, round button designs.
    5. New UI for volume slider and power button
      t4.png
      • Volume Slider: Simpler and more accessible volume controls let you control media volume instantly. Quickly toggle call and notification volume settings.
      • Power button: Now, you can take screenshots easily from the power menu and also access emergency SOS.
    6. Gaming mode 3.0
      t8.png
      • New features in Gaming Mode:
        • Notification when receiving phone call from 3rd party apps
        • New way of showing notification: text only
    7. New Do Not Disturb mode with adjustable settings
      t3.png
      • The Do Not Disturb mode in the Android Pie version has been further enhanced. It is more user-friendly and more useful.
      • Automatically enable in settings. You can set different opening scenarios and rules, and you can add rules according to "Activity" or "Time".
    8. Accent Color customization
      t2.png
      • Whole gamut of color choices for accent colors, not just the predefined 8 options, like it was in Android O.
    9. Android P new gesture navigation
      • Improved animation that makes gestures smoother and more natural.
      • The interaction logic of the new gesture navigation:
        • Click the capsule icon to return to the desktop
        • Slide from the capsule icon to enter multitasking
        • Drag the capsule icon horizontally to quickly switch between multitasking
    10. Adaptive Battery
      • Turn on in the phone settings – battery – adaptive battery
      t1.png
      • This function can be used to extend battery life, limit the power consumption for different applications by recording the operation status of the mobile phone app. According to Google, this feature can save about 30% of CPU consumption.
      • Adaptive Battery in Android Pie will limit background usage for apps that you don't use often. What that means is that apps that you regularly use will load instantly as the OS learns your usage patterns over time.
      • For example, if you open WhatsApp in the morning, go through your messages for a few minutes and don't return to the app until a few hours later, the AI will learn to anticipate this behavior and limit its background usage.
    These are some of the main highlights of Android Pie. If I have missed any, please feel free to list em out in the comments below.

Never Settle.

2. camohan Lollipop Moderator Sep 27, 2018

Stickied Post

3. DeluxeNoone Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 27, 2018

4. Dinu Constantin Eclair Sep 27, 2018

5. Yashvendra_Singh_Raghav Honeycomb Sep 27, 2018

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018

6. ArtuCer Froyo Sep 27, 2018

7. Light54 Froyo Sep 27, 2018

Light54, Sep 27, 2018 :
    I love the subtle animations that were added. Not too invasive, they make the experience smoother.

Also the new brightness slider algorithm, such a good improvement. [e]1f44d[/e]

abdollarm, Viraaj00, faros76 and 16 others like this.
  8. T1534573044972 Donut Sep 27, 2018

9. tortoise14 Honeycomb Sep 27, 2018

10. aftabalam8c1 Froyo Sep 27, 2018

aftabalam8c1, Sep 27, 2018 :
    only one feature missing...
    one plus own live wallpaper like pixel that will make it more polished.

add google feed and shelf options....it will add more flexibility to users.

by the way....loved p...and u guys rocks...
    love for op team...

11. landov Froyo Sep 27, 2018

12. Prcko Jelly Bean Sep 27, 2018

Prcko, Sep 27, 2018 :
    all of new features is perfect. for me is more favourite new UI multitasking and adaptive battery. thanks for fantastic piece of pie.

faros76, Ravi BINAVAT, doekus and 6 others like this.
  13. Sunil_Yaduvanshi Froyo Sep 27, 2018

14. NovinDavis KitKat Sep 27, 2018

15. Seeker788 Eclair Sep 27, 2018

Seeker788, Sep 27, 2018 :
    Hi

I am loving the new Update and it has made the phone more responsive and faster.

My highlight is the endless customisation of accent colours you can have now which helps to make your device your own and unique.

I can easily say after many short bursts with many Android phones these last few years that

I AM SETTLED WITH THE NEVER SETTLE PHONE

thank you Manu and the One plus team

[e]1f601[/e]

16. Kytharsis Lollipop Sep 27, 2018

Kytharsis, Sep 27, 2018 :
    I like the custom accent color the most personally. No longer am I anchored to Substratum for the deep red hue that I so desire.

17. Akk1Plus Cupcake Sep 27, 2018

18. sushantparajuli91 Donut Sep 27, 2018

19. Joffy_Jose Honeycomb Sep 27, 2018

Joffy_Jose, Sep 27, 2018 :
    I loved the new UI . its refreshing and cool looking . kudos oneplus software team.

20. shahbaj alam Gingerbread Sep 27, 2018