75 vote(s)
    66.4%
  2. No its not Fake

38 vote(s)
    33.6%
  1. tide1109
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 23, 2019

tide1109 , May 23, 2019 :
    I own a OnePlus 6 and the camera quality has been improved since June 2018. The pictures are clearer with less noise.

Sometimes I use the GCam and sometimes I use the stock OnePlus camera app. I would say that the quality is not so different, so there is not a big difference.

In the case of low light photography with the night mode, they both have their own advantages an disadvantages. The Gcam is brighter than the camera from OnePlus, but the shadows are sometimes to bright, that they're no longer natural. The OnePlus' camera is not so bright, but the picture looks more natural.

pvitale and lukas.dvorok like this.
  2. lukas.dvorok
    Honeycomb May 23, 2019

lukas.dvorok , May 23, 2019 :
    I am really into mobile cameras. Mobile phones are my hobby. I watch almost every mobile camera review or comparison that comes out on YouTube, News or web in general. Some of them have original photos attached. That way I don't need to own S10 to have my opinion on it. I've seen more than few tenths of original uncompressed unedited photos out of S10 and compared them with same original photos for many different cameras. Using mobile phones I own as reference deciding how camera represents what I can see with naked eye. Samsung improved when it comes to over saturation from times of S7, S8 when it was really extremely excessive and intrusive. But even S10 images are too much saturated in many cases to my liking. But what is too much saturated to me can be appealing for others. I know many people that like when colors pop, even photos does not look natural anymore and they like to instantly share such photos. Again different people have different preferences. My preference is to have realistic colors that preserve how that moment when I took photo looked in real life.

Red is hard color to handle for many cameras, especially mobile phone cameras. Give OnePlus some chance to fine-tune Sony IMX 586 sensor and rest of cameras. It's brand new sensor for them so I don't blame them for not getting it right on first try. From other phones we know it's possible to have better results, so HW is not issue here which is important.

Softness, focus again things that can be surely solved as some point by SW update, laser autofocus is present even its range is usually limited to 1-2 meters, but we have 3 rear cameras to assist each other with focusing. Softness particularly is something that is quite subjective. Some people like softer photos with less sharpening and noise reduction artefacts, some don't. If we have option to choose what we like, problem solved.

OP 5 had quite smaller sensor, IMX 586 is 1/2 inch sensor. There is only so much you can do with smaller sensor that have 16MP resolution and smaller pixel size compared to IMX 586 in 12MP mode.

I currently own MI 9 as well and I have owned Mate 20 PRO for 6 months. For me personally MI 9 smooths out too much fine detail, and introduces a lot of processing artefacts. Even more than OP7 PRO currently. Mate 20 PRO was good. Especially 40MP RAW samples were packed with data to work with. But in auto mode 10MP pictures were bit too aggressive on edge enhancement and noise reduction, loosing some fine detail and introducing halos on edges. But I would agree that overall Mate 20 PRO had slightly better JPEG processing than OP 7 PRO. It's Achilles heel was lack of OIS. But again disclaimer, what I perceive as better don't have to be better for someone using iPhone for example that in my opinion provides slightly better pixel level detail, for price of slightly more noise.

You are mistaken granular controls and presets make a lot to do with OP camera it's opportunity for OnePlus to differentiate in good way from competition. If every OP user have 50 Samsung users liking Samsung's style bringing Samsung's more saturated camera preset to OnePlus devices would appeal those 50 Samsung users while preserving that one OP user that likes something else. But your comparison is quite extreme. There are far more user groups, Team Pixel, iPhone users, etc... Samsung is not only mobile phone manufacturer. :)

Last edited: May 23, 2019

3. Chinaroad
    Honeycomb May 23, 2019

Chinaroad , May 23, 2019 :

So you're telling me that the pics you take with the stock app are does not have oil painting effect, washed colors and details and especially the front one??!! when i take a pic with the gcam i can see each individual hair on my head or my beard skin tone is good and no oil painting effect, but with the stock you can see the opposite of the gcam, so please don't tell me it has been fixed, maybe a little improvement but nothing near fixed

4. brandon0904
    Cupcake May 23, 2019

brandon0904 , May 23, 2019 :
    yeah camera isnt good compared to my pixel 3 but the Google camera port does wonders expect there's a bug where the saturation is reduced. eventually I'm sure they'll release an official port of Google cam. until them I'm going to keep using it over the stock one and just tune the Saturation manually because the images at least aren't all blurry with gcam

5. IanbUK
    Froyo May 23, 2019

IanbUK , May 23, 2019 :
    can someone actually post settings used for gcam, especially the post of the cat above because I've been trying it and it looks worse in a lot of cases than stock camera!

is there another build I should have because I thought I had the latest?

thanks

pvitale likes this.
  6. brandon0904
    Cupcake May 23, 2019

brandon0904 , May 23, 2019 :
    I'm just using the stock settings then changing saturation in post with gallery app. there's no official port yet so it's gonna be a half baked app until then

7. malidan
    Marshmallow May 23, 2019

malidan , May 23, 2019 :
    What you trying to show? That you cant take a picture with a dslr.
    A very similar picture here without user error. Look at the edge detection, that's what I mentioned.
    Professional equipment yeah.:tearsofjoy:

Internet_20190523_192507.jpeg.jpg

Twice in one day after your cried to the mod you had blocked me and my friends( whomever they are ) and I should not be allowed to use the forum.
    I've bought more OP phones than most on the forum Carl like me, I didnt buy one phone and sit on it for 4 years.

I might PM said mod seen as you're trying to harass me.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Loveit likes this.
  8. tide1109

Maybe I don't have enough knowledge to analyze the picture quality. I would say, that they don't look bad.

I don't use the front camera, so I can't compare it.

Here are some photos I took in London last week. All photos are taken with the OnePlus camera app.
    I always used the auto mode with Auto HDR or HDR on. The photos are only uploaded in high quality, so it's not the original quality.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/mVs1EZgaBXUPbnkZ7

9. malidan
    Marshmallow May 23, 2019

malidan , May 23, 2019 :
    Dude whst are trying to justify to me?
    Your moving moving further and further away from the subject.
    I said to you what is going to change in 2-3 months that they have not achieved in 5 years and tou still haven't answered.
    The phone scored 111 on Dxomark, that means ready to go and it ain't.:confused:

10. Discostu
    Jelly Bean May 23, 2019

Discostu , May 23, 2019 :
    I am showing that what you and the poster said is inaccurate, read back on your comments - you said edge detection was bad and I explained and demonstrated that the way in which the camera took the photo was accurate.

I took a photo with my professional equipment to demonstrate how accurate the 7Pro photo was.

The focus falloff changes depending on distance to object, lens aperture, sensor size and so on. The poster showed a photo with the lens extremely close to the subject, therefore the tissue box should not have all of its edges in focus as you said it should. To demonstrate I took a similar photo with my DSLR.

Your photo demonstrates nothing but your lack of knowledge in this subject. Again, not opinion - fact.

pvitale likes this.
  11. tide1109

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog380/

Here are all available configs for Arnova's latest recommend version. The OnePlus 7 Pro is at this moment not available. Maybe the configs for the OnePlus 6T or the Mi 9 are working fine.

pvitale and IanbUK like this.
  12. malidan
    Marshmallow May 23, 2019

malidan , May 23, 2019 :
    Yeah ok:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
    My picture demonstrates what I said. Good edge detection.
    You made your own argument and I didnt take part in it, neither did the poster of the picture. So you keep rambling when reviewers are saying exactly the same thing.:rolleyes:

13. lukas.dvorok
    Honeycomb May 23, 2019

"Dude", I don't have to justify anything. Just saying. I obviously don't know that is going to change in 2-3 months, unless you have crystal ball. :) Read previous posts in this thread. DXO Mark total score is not indicative of camera quality. Sub scores are. Every phone have it's strong and weak sides when it comes to camera. DXO Mark total score in its current form can be sometimes miss leading as it combines camera quality and camera versatility combined together. OP 7 PRO as it stands today is one of most versatile mobile phone cameras on market right now. When it comes to perceived quality, that is highly subjective as what DXO mark considers important and gives it higher importance in total score does not need to be important to you, but may be important to me or other people.

14. lukas.dvorok
    Honeycomb May 23, 2019

I like a good discussion, but it seems that you are arguing about everything. :D Find something that makes you happy in your life and stick to it. :)

Discostu likes this.
  15. Discostu
    Jelly Bean May 23, 2019

I know exactly what I am talking about because I am a photographer, edge detection has nothing to do with what I explained. Read it again.

Also, I do not need to google anything unlike you did with your photo, you really shouldn't pass off other people's work as your own -
    Screenshot_20190524-050121.jpg

lukas.dvorok likes this.
  16. malidan
    Marshmallow May 23, 2019

malidan , May 23, 2019 :
    OP7 pros camera is the most versatile camera on the market right now.:eek:

No zoom video
    No wide angle video most likely because of the crop used on EIS
    No 960 fps
    No macro lens
    No TOF
    Not the best Zoom
    Not the best wide angle
    No Dual pixel auto focus, reviewers point out focussing is slow.

Ok I believe you.:confused:

17. malidan
    Marshmallow May 23, 2019

malidan , May 23, 2019 :
    Ok edge detection or subject separation has nothing to do with a portrait type shot.
    Your doing you're Offline 7 thing now and giving the game away.:tearsofjoy:

Do you really think some haven't noticed.:rolleyes:

I'm a photography too.:rolleyes:

18. lukas.dvorok
    Honeycomb May 23, 2019

Please read carefully, I said "one of most versatile mobile phone cameras" There are not so many cameras with 3x zoom lens on market right now.

Obviously Huawei P30 PRO have many things you named, being even more versatile than OP 7 PRO. Then there is Oppo Reno 10x. Honor 20 PRO, Huawei Mate 20 PRO and regular P30 are very similar to OP7 PRO but there list more or less ends.

19. Discostu
    Jelly Bean May 23, 2019

Reverting to type I see, making baseless claims that you can't backup because you must have the last say and paint yourself as being right.

20. malidan
    Marshmallow May 23, 2019

malidan , May 23, 2019 :
    I did and what I listed constitutes versitility. A OP is one step up from a pixel as far as versitility and features go.
    2 of the 3 rear lens can't do video, this isn't an opinion thing once you made the statement you made it becames a factual one.
    Just settle for what you have, there are no bests for the OP shooter.

ilovesoneplus likes this.