1. yes its fake

73 vote(s)
    65.8%
  2. No its not Fake

38 vote(s)
    34.2%
  1. JeremyGriffiths Eclair Jun 6, 2019

JeremyGriffiths, Jun 6, 2019 :
    Sorry I do photography for a living and the camera is just awful after most recent update. I own the 7 Pro.

Rarinrob, C1559726116827 and Versed like this.
  2. Versed Honeycomb Jun 6, 2019

Versed, Jun 6, 2019 :
    Hopefully One Plus does their homework and improves their phone processing software. The hardware is there, really little excuse. Since I don't take a many photo's not an issue to me. But for those expect top notch results (not saying the best ever) paid some good money on these phones. Since I haven't used the 7 yet, can't really say much.
    What I did like was the camera's on my LG G8 which I got sealed in a box with a Speck case for $500 delivered. Only down side which will be resolved is its locked to T-Mobile US whom I use. And been on the phone with their their tech support. Since it was not bought through their supply chain, they have a problem doing this. Phone's fine, registered with LG and TMO shows it in my profile. Still can't wait till next week when my 7 pro's show up.

3. DARTH 007 KitKat Jun 6, 2019

4. seiadoon Froyo Jun 6, 2019

seiadoon, Jun 6, 2019 :
    I'm fine with somewhere in the 80-90 range.

H1559593663267 likes this.
  5. dibon Froyo Jun 6, 2019

dibon, Jun 6, 2019 :
    can anyone confirm selfie mirroring is working cuz it's not for me.

6. David.W4 Froyo Jun 6, 2019

David.W4, Jun 6, 2019 :
    I posted elsewhere but will summarise. I'm not a pro photographer but have got some amazing results from film cameras (Fuji and canon) by using the light against landscapes, and taking portraits. Never expecting a tiny phone camera to match this but my old Samsung galaxy s7 took some pretty great pics especially outdoors.

However, I'm seriously upset with the quality so far from the OnePlus 7 (non pro) either indoors or out.

I got it on Wednesday and took a couple of pics before the phone upgraded the firmware (I think it got worse) and using either default, portrait or pro, the pictures I've taken are just not focused in all areas (a face has a small amount in focus and the rest is like a 3 year old has used Photoshop with one brush)

I have downloaded the app OpenCamera and with some tweaking the results are better then the default snapper.

it's almost as if the OnePlus camera is using the 5mp camera instead of the 48mp one?!

7. Rikinpatel459 Gingerbread Jun 6, 2019

8. mbcool Honeycomb Jun 6, 2019

9. F_Tim_Startup_tUvy Donut Jun 7, 2019

F_Tim_Startup_tUvy, Jun 7, 2019 :
    The camera has some great potential and I have taken some awesome pics with it. However there is some inconsistency at the moment. Taking near identical photos can result in some quite different results with contrast and colours. Also in more challenging lighting conditions where for example the light source is behind the subject it can produce some quite weird results with odd colouring and a very artificial look which I can only put down to over processing. I think this can all be resolved with software updates and coming from a oneplus 5 the oneplus 7 is very impressive. I just hope the camera issues can be resolved soon as I think it has the potential to take some of the best mobile pics out there!

10. G_Stefan_Markussen_cFuk Cupcake Jun 7, 2019

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019

11. anilkigal Honeycomb Jun 7, 2019

12. H1559593663267 Froyo Jun 7, 2019

13. mbcool Honeycomb Jun 7, 2019

14. anilkigal Honeycomb Jun 7, 2019

anilkigal, Jun 7, 2019 :
    Not tested yet will try it by evening.

15. anilkigal Honeycomb Jun 7, 2019

16. parag008 Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 7, 2019

parag008, Jun 7, 2019 :
    there is need of impreovement in op7 (not pro) camera as well.
    nightscape have some weird artifacts. and oil paint effect is being carrried out still the same.

17. parag008 Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 7, 2019

parag008, Jun 7, 2019 :
    agreed.
    7 do needs camera improvements.
    7pro just got some update for it.
    lets hope we will get some soon.

18. mbcool Honeycomb Jun 7, 2019

mbcool, Jun 7, 2019 :
    After the 9.5.7
    Camera has definitely improved but
    I still feel the 3x telephoto lense could have been more improved

View attachment 1034381

actually clicked Light kinda blows out details in leaves and there could be more Colour saturation for telephoto lenses (Auto mode)

View attachment 1034382

With HDR (I feel details have been a bit blown-out can't complaint much as it's telephoto lense but still too much of brightness and a bit less color)

View attachment 1034383

Something i would have preferred.(clicked in auto mode)
    This is after editing
    Turning down some brightness and increasing some contrast and saturation.

David.W4 likes this.
  19. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Jun 7, 2019

camohan, Jun 7, 2019 :
    Thread merged.

20. anilkigal Honeycomb Jun 9, 2019

anilkigal, Jun 9, 2019 :
    Camera in normal to bright light improved, no doubt in that but Nightscape mode still lacking oil painting effect on zooming night pics, Gcams nightmode is years ahead of it same camera different app drastic difference.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019

mbcool likes this.