What’s your opinion on the Samsung Galaxy S6? S6 Edge?

1. ispeedca
    Froyo Jul 13, 2015

ispeedca , Jul 13, 2015 :
    Forgot Lg flex... 200$ new on ebay in states.

omairi likes this.
  2. johnnymartz3
    Jelly Bean Jul 13, 2015

3. omairi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 13, 2015

omairi , Jul 13, 2015 :
    Thumbs up !!☺

4. elmoorea
    Donut Jul 13, 2015

elmoorea , Jul 13, 2015 :

5. elmoorea
    Donut Jul 13, 2015

6. johnnymartz3
    Jelly Bean Jul 13, 2015

johnnymartz3 , Jul 13, 2015 :
    So far the edge just seems like another gimmick. I haven't seen any use for it that makes it a compelling feature I'd want on a phone.

7. dcmcc24
    KitKat Jul 13, 2015

dcmcc24 , Jul 13, 2015 :
    Regular S6 is nice, but I'd want it bigger, which will come in the note series. I don't like the edge. Useless gimmick.

8. mkrmec
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 13, 2015

mkrmec , Jul 13, 2015 :
    Never buying Samsuck again... Million bugs in the OS and they dont fix them, closed down system, propriatery SoC now.... Etc just downhill from now on.

9. tider15
    Froyo Jul 13, 2015

tider15 , Jul 13, 2015 :
    If they were 450 then I would compare against OP2. Then make a choice. Quite frankly, I am onboard with OP and don't see others (HTC, Samsung, LG) dropping their flagship down to this price point any time soon.

10. artnat
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2015

artnat , Jul 13, 2015 :
    Well. I returned my OPO (due to horrible grounding issue) and got S6 instead.
    Here’s a little comparison:

1. Screen responsiveness of the S6 is astonishing, no ghost touches or grounding issues. It just works as it should.
    2. I really did miss the black blacks of AMOLED screen instead of dark greys of IPS screen. OPO screen is pretty good but AMOLED is AMOLED.
    3. Camera is way better on S6.
    4. The size factor is much better for me. I have big hands but OPO is a really big phone. S6 is easier to handle with one hand.
    5. Battery life of S6 is worse than OPO’s but not as bad as one would think with 2550 mAh. The fast charge makes it a non-existent problem (even better than OPO’s) and wireless charging is great feat (no more unplugging cables).
    6. Fingerprint sensor – it is really convenient and secure way of unlocking the phone.
    7. Physical home button – I missed it. Also the backlight on the other buttons is strong.
    8. S6 has way better antennas – GPS fix is instant and even inside buildings while OPO had problems even under light foliage. Wifi signal is also strong and I get fat better GSM range than I did on OPO.
    9. S6 hardly gets as hot as OPO even under high load.
    10. I miss the customizability of OPO (CM!), but Samsung has some theming mechanism in place.

OPO was a great phone (especially for the price) and if not for the horrible grounding issue I would have stayed with it for at least a year. Unfortunately the issue was there, the issue was widespread and I had no guarantee that I would receive a good unit under RMA, so I decided to return it via Paypal. Suprisingly OnePlus customer service was very swift and helpful in my case and I got the refund in about 20 days I think.

I wish OnePlus good luck with their next phone as there is some potential there.

psx and AntMunny like this.
  11. sharkhark
    Gingerbread Jul 13, 2015

sharkhark , Jul 13, 2015 :
    My phone does this sometimes because it's a oneplus phone with bad SwiftKey & it messes up constantly. Hate my oneplus

12. rochagam
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2015

13. kiran.sampathnr
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2015

kiran.sampathnr , Jul 16, 2015 :
    They always let you down in the UI... They change the Android to an extent that if you don't know you will be fooled into thinking it is some other stupid OS... Also the company tries too many gimmicky stuffs like the curved screens, heart beat sensors and too many bloatware...

14. Sushsich
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2015

Sushsich , Jul 16, 2015 :
    "Shame song" has doing all but something worth buying. Its design philosophy ahs been the same throughout if U go to look at the S duos or S5. Literally no difference. The UI is the bloody same with hell of a bloat at its core for each of its phone, be it a budget or the flagship. Not to mention the price making it impossible for the masses to buy in the first place

15. somnathmukher
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2015

16. Tanush
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2015

Tanush , Jul 16, 2015 :
    I think the galaxy s6 is the best flagship of 2015..till now..you know what I mean! ;)

17. vvegib
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2015

vvegib , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Seems as though plenty of people like the edge but it feels more like a gimmick for me.

18. bopper1985
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2015

bopper1985 , Jul 17, 2015 :
    In general I have found Samsung phones to be good. However my main gripe with them was always their touchwiz OS. I found it to be slightly cartoonesque if that makes sense. Just didn't seem professional or grown up, too bubbly. This makes very little sense even to me but I can't display in words what I mean.

19. bopper1985
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2015

bopper1985 , Jul 17, 2015 :
    Yep, it's basically paying extra for something that isn't as ergonomically pleasing as the basic model.

20. t4ww4b
    Jelly Bean Jul 17, 2015

t4ww4b , Jul 17, 2015 :
    OnePlus should take a page of the Samsung Note 4: SD card slot & removable battery. That's all we in this years OnePlus One updated edition.