What's your take on a Portable Power Bank?

1. Tobikage
    Nougat May 9, 2019

Tobikage , May 9, 2019 :
    Mentions OnePlus and Community in the same sentence.....and thread derailed in......3....2......

2. razzor228
    Gingerbread May 9, 2019

razzor228 , May 9, 2019 :
    @David Y. @Trista W. The previous powerbank was indeed a very good one. I was using it almost everyday till a few months back until someone stole it. The Silk White and the Sandstone one was a great looking powerbank. None of the powerbanks that are available in the market look great when compared to those. Loved the shake to show charge function also. Build quality was superb also, as one would expect from OnePlus. The only thing missing was Dash Charge or Warp Charge now. Having Faster charging solutions while on the go would be wonderful. Although there haven't been much occasions when i felt the need to charge my OnePlus devices, because i always carry my chargers in my bag wherever i go. Considering my preference, the powerbank needs to look good, have a big capacity, faster charging speeds both ways and a not so premium price tag. Have filled in the form also!

3. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert May 9, 2019

Shivang Joshi , May 9, 2019 :
    Yes, I always carry a power bank with me. But it can't charge my device as fast as the Fast Charger. So, a Power Bank which can charge my device at the same (or maybe, almost the same?) speed as the Fast/Warp Charger would just be amazing.

4. JayAshokbhaiPatel
    Gingerbread May 9, 2019

5. alessiodales
    Gingerbread May 9, 2019

alessiodales , May 9, 2019 :
    Personally, I do care about Jack more than ip certification and other things!

6. Dresa91
    Android Q May 9, 2019

Dresa91 , May 9, 2019 :
    These are only examples, which were mentioned here in the forum.

7. vuttamb
    Cupcake May 9, 2019

vuttamb , May 9, 2019 :
    Hi, I'm a civil / construction engineer. I don't always have access to a steady power source when I'm working in projects that's far away from urban environment.

A power bank would really serve my purpose. Whether it's Dash/Warp or a regular charge.

8. alessiodales
    Gingerbread May 9, 2019

BhavyaMehta0786

A powerbank sounds good, one with dash/warp charge sounds even better​

At this moment I'm using Sdoutech power bank because it has fast charge, I'm fine with that for my oneplus 6.
    It even has a cool design!

Mainly during transit or occasional use.

9. AnunciPronunci
    Honeycomb May 9, 2019

AnunciPronunci , May 9, 2019 :
    Well now my hopes of one coming out alongside the OnePlus 7 series has just fallen like a lead balloon!

DaPhoneking likes this.
  10. alessiodales
    Gingerbread May 9, 2019

Anyway, I think jack has been the center of many discussions more than other things as it is a must have in phones.

DaPhoneking and J1557518833277 like this.
  11. SJBoss
    Lollipop May 9, 2019

SJBoss , May 9, 2019 :
    Camera maybe, “Dual camera, Clearer photo” never really delivered tbh.

h_kashyap, the_o2, Sujknair and 4 others like this.
  12. Shivang Joshi

Well, it's funny how Wireless Charging is there as an option in the form. Yes, not all community members use OnePlus Devices. But a lot of people on this community do. And there's NO Wireless Charging on OnePlus Devices. Sure, those who don't use OnePlus Devices and are using some other devices which have Wireless Charging can take advantage of that. :rolleyes:

13. Shivang Joshi

True. But that still remains as the only device having true Dual Camera Setup till date. :oops:

14. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , May 9, 2019 :
    That's not true at all.

I'm studying arts and sometimes we have classes with models so we can draw them.

All my friends spend hours and hours drawing and painting them. Me? I just take a picture.

My teacher always praises my work. One time she even asked to take my "D" home.

She was talking about my drawing.

15. AnunciPronunci
    Honeycomb May 9, 2019

AnunciPronunci , May 9, 2019 :
    I think that it's critical for OnePlus to make it compatible with the old Dash Charging as well as Warp Charging in order to maximise the potential for sales of the power bank. Many OnePlus users will be using Dash Charging devices for years to come so it would be very limiting if it only worked on Warp Charge compatible devices.

P.S. I know it's no longer called Dash Charging but calling it Fast Charging would be too unspecific.

J1557518833277 likes this.
  16. Tobikage
    Nougat May 9, 2019

Tobikage , May 9, 2019 :
    Why is it do you think I'm interested in this thread then. :rolleyes:

SJBoss, B_Wrath and Shivang Joshi like this.
  17. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator May 9, 2019

camohan , May 9, 2019 :
    I would definitely like to have Portable Power bank made by OnePlus. This is because OnePlus products and accessories are of high quality and a pride to own. However, here are my 2 cents -

One of the biggest advantages of OnePlus devices are the fast charging capabilities. This advantage can turn into a disadvantage for PowerBank. Therefore, it is important that power bank be reasonably priced,otherwise the powerbank may be mostly useful or might be bought by those who are on roads for most time of the year.

18. viva_la_tko
    Gingerbread May 9, 2019

viva_la_tko , May 9, 2019 :
    Yeah, I use power bank a lot and I would like to see OnePlus power bank with dash/warp charging.

J1557518833277 likes this.
  19. Shivang Joshi

J1557518833277, SJBoss and Tobikage like this.
  20. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow May 9, 2019

B_Wrath , May 9, 2019 :
    Come on David! OnePlus stopped being a community driven company since the OP5T. You know it too.

OnePlus adopted the glass sandwich design just because the trend was that. What is the point of a glass sandwich if there is no wireless charging!? I would have preferred a metal phone.

Camera. Most of the experienced and long term community users wanted an actual secondary camera rather than the depth sensor. That wasn't the case in OP6/T.
    We also wanted proper camera improvements. Sure, the camera version number is increased in almost every update, but there is no noticeable change in the picture clarity during night time. I can switch over to pro mode, but can most of the basic users do that?

Even though I am from India, I am not happy with the new trend is India specific bloat. I want my Oxygen OS clean. I'm sure you are developing these features to increase your market share and capturing that target group, but what about the initial oneplus users who chose this device solely because of the clean and fast OS? I'm sure losing us won't impact much on the bottom line, but do you want to lose such a good bunch of people? Half of the initial community already left and I'm sure the other will leave too if this trend continues. What happened to actually listening to the voice of the original community members who helped in developing the OPO and OP2?

I'm not even going to start on Jack and other decisions which were taken against the community voice.

Sadly, OP3 was the last device which was actually designed by listening to the community. Now it is just a ge of following the trend and increasing the market share.

I think I have derailed the thread very much now. I'm sorry about that.