What's your take on a Portable Power Bank?

1. Dresa91
    Android Q May 9, 2019

Dresa91 , May 9, 2019 :
    my point of view, too :)

2. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow May 9, 2019

B_Wrath , May 9, 2019 :
    True. I had to let it out.

3. Dresa91
    Android Q May 9, 2019

Dresa91 , May 9, 2019 :
    great :)thank you for that:)

4. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert May 9, 2019

Cheetosdust , May 9, 2019 :
    This is just sad on so many levels. :(

Auristic, the_o2, Sujknair and 6 others like this.
  5. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow May 9, 2019

B_Wrath , May 9, 2019 :
    Anyways, back on topic,
    @Trista W. I definitely would love a power bank from OnePlus if it delivers dash charging and has a good charge retention time. I have been using the same power bank (some company named iHave) for almost 7 years now and it still retains the charge very good and has never heated up. Once charged, it can hold on to it for weeks put together and doesn't dissipate like many chargers. So I'll definitely compare the oneplus power bank to my existing one and expect the same level of retention and thermal management.

Also, if you want to develop a new accessory, the team has to make sure that it never goes out of stock for more than a couple of days. It sure is embarrassing when I can't source a simple dash cable from the online store nor the exclusive stores for 6 months. I know the transition from dash to warp cables, but the team definitely has to improve the demand analysis and stock maintenance.

6. JalananFreak
    Gingerbread May 9, 2019

JalananFreak , May 9, 2019 :
    Done !

Powerbank is a great alternative to have. Its important especially when you're on a long trip and really need the juice.

The powerbank should have:
    1- high capacity ( at least 20,000)
    2- lightweight and small
    3- Dash/Warp Charge capability
    4- the ability to charge the powerbank with Dash/Warp technology. (bcoz usually it take a longgg time to charge one fully)

and by that, its worth buying.

Really hope that it will came out. Thanks !

Last edited: May 9, 2019

gerryaj likes this.
  7. Helder_DAlmeida
    Honeycomb May 9, 2019

8. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow May 9, 2019

B_Wrath , May 9, 2019 :
    That is what I have been feeling off late.:( These days, I visit the forum only to meet you bunch of few guys.

At least 90% of the members now here aren't the same to what the community meant and represented in the initial days.

9. Predict23
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 9, 2019

Predict23 , May 9, 2019 :
    Please stop whining about useless and price upping stuff like these, they are going in the right direction, i prefer a perfect display rather than a jack or slow wireless charging tech.

10. Discostu
    Jelly Bean May 9, 2019

Discostu , May 9, 2019 :
    I bought a power brick once and never ended up using it, I have since given it to a friend.

Personally I never found any use. But I acknowledge plenty of people find them useful.

90% of the time when I am out I have a USB cable in my bag, this enables me to charge pretty much anywhere nowadays and if I have a phone with a sizable battery and good reliability then that's all I need.

keithgpowell likes this.
  11. Dresa91
    Android Q May 9, 2019

Dresa91 , May 9, 2019 :
    I don't cry ;)
    FYI: I am using a Pixel 3 ;)
    I just listed some points ;)
    Please make sure you understand this ;)
    I don't create useless threads for whining about features.
    I don't use wireless charging too ;)

12. Venky61
    Jelly Bean May 9, 2019

Venky61 , May 9, 2019 :
    @Trista W.
    Personally I use a power bank only during Treks/ Long Journeys which is occasional, So I don't think another costly power bank from OnePlus would do any good fro me. The budget ones available in the market are doing the job perfectly well.
    But keeping my personal requirement aside, increasing the span of accessories is a good thing for OnePlus. So if the power-bank is going to support Dash/Warp Charge, then it would be great. It would surely be helpful for people who use power banks regularly but number is going to be less IMO.

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  13. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert May 9, 2019

dsmonteiro , May 9, 2019 :
    Food for thought: Who defines what is a Community phone?
    Community also asks FM Radio / IR blaster quite frequently. I've seen several other requests on the software side that I'm sure you wouldn't want on your phone.

14. Dresa91
    Android Q May 9, 2019

Dresa91 , May 9, 2019 :
    was just saying ;)

15. YRJ
    Lollipop May 9, 2019

YRJ , May 9, 2019 :
    Hahah! You got me :p:sweatsmile:

Hydra Bob and Dresa91 like this.
  16. Tobikage
    Nougat May 9, 2019

17. Shivang Joshi

Shivang Joshi , May 9, 2019 :
    Do those requirements come from experienced and long-time OnePlus users? I don't know, but I surely don't think so.

B_Wrath and Dresa91 like this.
  18. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert May 9, 2019

dsmonteiro , May 9, 2019 :
    I know what you mean. But that's precisely why brands need to do some hard choices, like cutting dated technology (like FM radio or even the headphone jack) to make way for new standards.

I don't think there are first class and second class Community users. Didn't feel that in 2014 and certainly don't feel that in 2019.

Moreover, if OnePlus only focus on a very specific subset of users, how will it be viable from a company perpective?

19. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , May 9, 2019 :
    Why stop there?

Here's a nice argument when the users start complaining about the price:

"Food for thought: Who defines what is a phone?"

Maybe you can see the OnePlus 7 Pro as a tiny computer? Bam! Now it's a cheap device. :rolleyes:

20. Dresa91
    Android Q May 9, 2019

Dresa91 , May 9, 2019 :
    right :)

Shivang Joshi likes this.