What's your take on a Portable Power Bank?

1. B_Wrath Marshmallow May 9, 2019

B_Wrath, May 9, 2019 :
    I was an anonymous lurker before that:rolleyes::p

Last edited: May 9, 2019

2. Tobikage Nougat May 9, 2019

Tobikage, May 9, 2019 :
    I wouldn't be surprised if you began to support Tenecent Spyware tomorrow because "the people asked for it" :rolleyes: Do you get paid more if you do ?

3. Tobikage Nougat May 9, 2019

Tobikage, May 9, 2019 :
    I have more cables at home than OnePlus has in stock at times.

4. keithgpowell Ice Cream Sandwich May 9, 2019

keithgpowell, May 9, 2019 :
    "need" or "want"?

Tobikage and Dresa91 like this.
  5. B_Wrath Marshmallow May 9, 2019

B_Wrath, May 9, 2019 :
    Agreed. It is needed for increasing the market share.

But is it okay to cram down all these unwanted things down the throat of the early adopters? Doesn't their voice matter anymore? If we are to believe in OnePlus words, aren't they the ones who made this company successful?
    Or are the initial adopters a bunch of Guinea pigs and lab rats who have served the purpose and can be discarded now?

6. B_Wrath Marshmallow May 9, 2019

B_Wrath, May 9, 2019 :
    Hoarder:rolleyes:

7. Moin2200 KitKat May 9, 2019

Moin2200, May 9, 2019 :
    I don't use it that much, but I still appreciate it when traveling and long trips.

Shivang Joshi and Dresa91 like this.
  8. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert May 9, 2019

Shivang Joshi, May 9, 2019 :
    Sure, there aren't first class and second class Community Users. But some requests can be implemented if they are requested by a huge number of people - that too, several times. Continuously ignoring those requests and still saying, community-driven phone doesn't make it look good.

And the question: Who defines a community phone? That's a question which can be answered by OnePlus themselves.

Some people would like a decision made by OnePlus, while others won't. So, that's still something which can be termed as focusing on a specific set of users, as some others would still be disappointed by some decision.

Any particular device cannot fulfill demands of everyone. So, OnePlus cannot fulfill everyone's needs. But yeah, saying that we listen to community, but instead of implementing those features requested by users, we get something else which was never requested. (Or probably requested by an extremely small subset of users)

h_kashyap, G_plusone, SJBoss and 4 others like this.
  9. Louioo Honeycomb May 9, 2019

Louioo, May 9, 2019 :
    Good
    Good idea to explore this idea, it makes sense to. I think to feature something really different would be Fast Charge with a decent capacity. Not so fussed in general about the weight or the feature of wireless charging.

Dresa91 likes this.
  10. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert May 9, 2019

Shivang Joshi, May 9, 2019 :
    No.

Yes.

11. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert May 9, 2019

Cheetosdust, May 9, 2019 :
    I don't think that is the case at all, however, I'm sure you can clearly see "two communities".

One that's here everyday, chatting, helping, trolling, engaging with the staff, trolling a little bit more, etc.

Another that sees the forums as a direct line to - and strictly to - complain or demand help.

Balance is key and yeah, it's not balanced these days.

That's easy: growing pains.

OnePlus started positioning themselves right among their users, charming them with the "we are one of you, help us help you. We are you, but making phones". Now they are going for a more broad audience.

Is there anything wrong with that? For me, no, it's business.

However, communication will always be key. Showing that communication in action is fundamental.

Like I already wrote so many times: acting instead of reacting.

Just my two cents as I see it. This is not even a complaint at this point :)

12. V!nayak Gingerbread May 9, 2019

13. G_plusone Marshmallow May 9, 2019

G_plusone, May 9, 2019 :
    If it is a Dash Charging power bank and can hold the capacity like Oneplus phone batteries then it will be useful :)

14. Himalaya Dave Honeycomb May 9, 2019

15. SJBoss Lollipop May 9, 2019

SJBoss, May 9, 2019 :
    He asked for it.... meh
    “Cringe intensifies” :rolleyes:
    No one, but a community phone should have a headphone jack, don’t believe me?
    See
    F4FC49E6-FEC7-4299-9155-5BA8B97E8573.jpeg

16. G_plusone Marshmallow May 9, 2019

G_plusone, May 9, 2019 :
    Now you're a known Stalker and get stalked yourself :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

17. B_Wrath Marshmallow May 9, 2019

B_Wrath, May 9, 2019 :
    I edited the post:p I'm a lurker:rolleyes:

18. Discostu Jelly Bean May 9, 2019

Discostu, May 9, 2019 :
    A tale of multiple communities is very apt friend.

I personally feel there are 3 communities out there:

1) The originals who bought into the idea OnePlus originally had, certainly that's why I bout my OPO
    2) The people who see the community app as a way to ask for help or complain and then move on
    3) The people who buy a phone and don't want to or even know that this exists.

I also have to wonder how many people, I'm talking a layperson, buys a phone and then joins a forum to chat about it - not many is my guess.

If OnePlus continues to grow and gain marketshare, my view, is that the ability to cater to your community diminishes and they become another company who pushes out a new device every year 'just because that's what people want'. All we need to do is look at small companies who grow, the soul is often lost in the rapid growth/success.

IMHO of course.

19. Firefox30001 Cupcake May 9, 2019

Firefox30001, May 9, 2019 :
    I usually take a small power bank with me for if I don't have enough time to charge my phone, and for longer weekends I take a larger power bank with me so I don't have to look for a power outlet in the wall.

20. Tobikage Nougat May 9, 2019

Tobikage, May 9, 2019 :
    Just because you like something doesn't mean you can have it !

@camohan is a volunteer fanboy. :rolleyes:

Still the best thread I've seen today.