What's your take on a Portable Power Bank?

1. TypewriterChaos
    Eclair May 9, 2019

TypewriterChaos , May 9, 2019 :
    I already own a large one from Anker, and I don't feel like I Need it, but it provides me with peace of mind and some convenience. I'd say unless OnePlus thinks they can keep pace with Anker, they don't need to bother. On the other hand, if they worked With Anker on a OnePlus branded one... That would be really stylish.

2. JelleZon
    KitKat May 9, 2019

3. Monikpatel
    Cupcake May 9, 2019

4. SJBoss
    Lollipop May 9, 2019

SJBoss , May 9, 2019 :
    I agree to it, but your reply was hardly related to the discussion, David asked this
    Dresa replied with
    You ignored the things dresa asked to improve which was a direct answer to David’s post.
    You replied to this bit instead, which is meh to start with.
    That’s how i “felt”, and that’s how i am feeling right now, if I think you’re wrong I’ll say it no matter what, that’s what community “friends” are for right?

5. ImZlatan
    Donut May 9, 2019

ImZlatan , May 9, 2019 :
    whatever mods you do ,please dont hike the price .If so what does the slogan "flagship killer" remains for

6. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert May 9, 2019

dsmonteiro , May 9, 2019 :
    The power bank was never marketed as a "flagship killer". In fact, the last time that slogan was used was back when the OnePlus 2 was launched if I remember correct.

Still, a sub 20€ / $20 price point would hardly allow for anything other than the most simplest of power banks, for which there is plenty of offers on the market already.

ImZlatan likes this.
  7. RamSurath
    Froyo May 9, 2019

8. ImZlatan
    Donut May 9, 2019

ImZlatan , May 9, 2019 :

dsmonteiro

The power bank was never marketed as a "flagship killer". In fact, the last time that slogan was used was back when the OnePlus 2 was launched if I remember correct.

Still, a sub 20€ / $20 price point would hardly allow for anything other than the most simplest of power banks, for which there is plenty of offers on the market already.​

oh i gilot that now,thnks [e]1f601[/e]

Last edited: May 9, 2019

9. ija89
    Froyo May 9, 2019

10. anunayC
    Froyo May 9, 2019

anunayC , May 9, 2019 :
    It's not like we need one, I have a 6T - charging my phone once a day is good enough... Occasionally when I travel I need one -- like during long flights or road trips! I try to use the included charger at all times and I have stuck with it for months till now... Although I'm traveling in a week to US, no idea how it'll workout in the flight!

11. R1555928876405
    Cupcake May 9, 2019

12. vikas.jhps
    Eclair May 9, 2019

13. Rohit_Devu
    Cupcake May 9, 2019

14. Y1518105366137
    Cupcake May 9, 2019

15. udaykn05
    Gingerbread May 9, 2019

udaykn05 , May 9, 2019 :
    Well in my view yes there is need to have a power bank for One Plus series with fast charging and which can be used to charge the One Plus series especially one plus 6/6T series phones. Although the dash charger does its job very well PB can always come handy during travelling .

16. udaykn05
    Gingerbread May 9, 2019

udaykn05 , May 9, 2019 :
    Its available and I am using it.

17. udaykn05
    Gingerbread May 9, 2019

Rohit_Devu likes this.
  18. G_Fauzaan_Ahamed
    Froyo May 9, 2019

G_Fauzaan_Ahamed , May 9, 2019 :
    would be great to have a dash/warp charge capable powerbank for long journeys or even at places where there are no outlets

19. Johns aviation
    Cupcake May 9, 2019

20. obakesan
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 9, 2019

obakesan , May 9, 2019 :
    You already made them before and stopped selling them.

Original Sandstone (which seems to have got lost with all the glass now) and Silk White. I have them both, at the time, for the price, they were high quality and a large amount 10,000mah. I even have the PowerBank accessory, official OnePlus protector for the bank.

The question is probably does OnePlus need to invest in making them? Possibly not, since there are a lot of 3rd party ones on the market now for good prices. The only benefit of OnePlus doing one was to tie into the brand ethos and perhaps introduce a Dash Charge version which is something fans asked for when Dash Charging first came out. (call it fast charging, it's still Dash to me despite Amazon, who have canned the buttons anyway and that other audio company who I cant rmember)

Do we need then? That depends on the user. Me personally, I keep one in my bag all the time just in case. It is usefull to charge my own phone but also for helping a friend charge theirs when needed. It is also a good way to help charge up other gadgets like headphones, etc, than just your phone.

Last edited: May 9, 2019

keithgpowell likes this.