What's your take on a Portable Power Bank?

1. parag008
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 9, 2019

parag008 , May 9, 2019 :
    you should be able to dunk in a water bucket without ip certification.

keithgpowell and obakesan like this.
  2. S1555785837560
    Cupcake May 9, 2019

obakesan likes this.
  3. collin5022
    Gingerbread May 9, 2019

collin5022 , May 9, 2019 :
    still use my original sandstone OnePlus Power Bank on trips! i think it was only $20... what a steal! please make a version with warp charge!

4. Nick 59
    Lollipop May 9, 2019

Nick 59 , May 9, 2019 :
    For what it's worth I believe Power Banks have a short future.
    There definitely had their uses when battery capacity and charging rates were so poor that it was often necessary to top up if away from mains power for an extended time. I haven't needed to use a Power Bank for about 18 months (bought a 5T) as it is now so quick/efficient to charge my phone and it comfortably lasts a day with no worries about topping up.
    I also understand that others have different needs. Some will have multiple devices with them that may not all have fast charging or good battery capacity so, in those cases, a Power Bank can be really useful and a fast charging Power Bank will always be more useful.

Cheetosdust likes this.
  5. brian.sedore
    Honeycomb May 9, 2019

brian.sedore , May 9, 2019 :
    It's hard not to take it as a teaser.

Anyway, I don't need one as the OP5T (and OP in general) have quick charging capabilities. Even with 20% left for me before I leave, I know I can make it back home before charging again and, if need be, I could charge it while I get ready and be good for the day.

Cheetosdust and Nick 59 like this.
  6. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member May 9, 2019

David Y. , May 9, 2019 :
    It is too early to confirm.

Fast charging power banks are more complex and costly than conventional power banks. High price reduces demand, so even if we finally decided to make this product, it will have very limited stock.

supply_and_demand.gif

Jack is gone because the house has limited space and other components have higher priority. Users have to adapt to this discomfort for some time. We should have explained this reason more frankly at the beginning.

Why no wireless charging, Pete already explained it pretty well. I have nothing to add.
    IP Certification, you guys made your voice heard : )
    Camera improvements, @Jimmy Z. has some good news cooked up, stay tuned.

It is normal for some individual opinions not to be adopted by others. The important thing is how to find consensus among a group of people and gain insight into the needs behind the consensus.

Take the recent petition as an example. I believe that most community folks are not opposed to the file manager cleanup function, nor against Tencent. What everyone actually opposes is the mindset and practice of 'do not respect personal data privacy'. This is the real need behind the petition.

I had a call with @Gary C. early this week. We can confirm that only device region and device model/language is collected. Our software team has strict workflows to protect all kind of user personal data in our software, and our legal team is the Night's Watch.

youbi, An.I.Am, script and 6 others like this.
  7. Yeshutrozens
    Gingerbread May 9, 2019

Yeshutrozens , May 9, 2019 :
    definitely Yesh!!! As The Community offer's a taste of new updates!! Dp MP and beta!! It absolutely helps a lot for us!! Android Q Taste perfect!

8. Antgl
    Honeycomb May 9, 2019

Antgl , May 9, 2019 :
    I am still waiting for a OnePlus powerbank, as I need one with fast charging while i'm away from home like when I play Pokemon Go.

9. Dresa91
    Android Q May 9, 2019

Dresa91 , May 9, 2019 :
    wow!thanks for your time :)

Shivang Joshi and Cheetosdust like this.
  10. GMitra
    Gingerbread May 9, 2019

11. Tobikage
    Nougat May 9, 2019

Tobikage , May 9, 2019 :
    I wouldn't mind expensive.
    Would I buy a OP Powerbank ? Yeah.
    Would I buy a OP Phone ? Naah.

Never too early if you're a clickbaity news site or Youtuber.

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  12. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean May 9, 2019

13. schnc04
    Cupcake May 9, 2019

schnc04 , May 9, 2019 :
    Yes i need a power bank but not for daily usage but in some conditions need and additional back up power

14. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert May 9, 2019

Cheetosdust , May 9, 2019 :
    For any of the situations you mentioned, for all the others you didn't, and for the future ones, here's my most sincere advice and wish/hope:

You, @dsmonteiro and everyone on the community team should follow the situations from the beginning. On the good news, the bad news, the "bucket" news when Carl manages to remember his password, have someone that can make me feel like even if OnePlus made a mistake or had a big triumph, the team is following it closely - and communicating about it.

I know the petition was a bad timing since it was a holiday in China and I'm not saying the team is making a bad job, I honestly don't feel and @dsmonteiro is also doing a very nice job.

You guys can work 18 hours a day, making all the right decisions behind the curtains, but if you don't communicate what you can from a business perspective, I believe that it seems, at least for me, like nothing is being done.

I also know that thinking, discussing and communicating is not easy, because you can't do all of that at the same time.

Sometimes I feel it's not that fair to ask for this and that - I'm not entitled to anything besides what I bought. This approach, quoting and tagging someone from the company is something I never did with Apple, Samsung, Google, phones I also have and they never asked me directly anything.

However, those companies are companies, period. OnePlus is still a company-community. Less than in 2013/2014, sure, but there's still something in the ADN, I feel. Just try and find a way to continue like that. I still believe, more than in the company, in the people who are there.

I can buy a phone from any company if I have the money, but I can't find two Davids, a Crystal, a Trista, a Ruby, a Manu, etc, there. That's the difference, for me. I feel like I'm not alone after I buy a OnePlus device, I think that's it. Please don't make me buy a phone just for the phone itself.

This is just what I feel, just an opinion. :)

TibiTibi, superplus, camohan and 9 others like this.
  15. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member May 9, 2019

David Y. , May 9, 2019 :
    Tears on my pillow.

16. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert May 9, 2019

dsmonteiro , May 9, 2019 :
    That's sleep kicking in! Get some rest... ;)

17. Sai_Teja_Myneni
    Cupcake May 9, 2019

18. Bhavdeep Singh Rathore
    Eclair May 9, 2019

19. KunalGarg Tiger
    Cupcake May 9, 2019

KunalGarg Tiger , May 9, 2019 :
    yes we want it in India especially for our OnePlus phones...power bank that can charge our phone with dash charge technology and that too comes with c type port...both a 10000 and a 20000 mAh variant should be there plzz work on this..

20. LakshayDhiman
    Honeycomb May 9, 2019

LakshayDhiman , May 9, 2019 :
    If you could do something using the nfc like wireless wrap charge power bank ..may be it works