Whatsapp Alternative?

1. SexyHyde
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 27, 2014

SexyHyde , May 27, 2014 :
    Like I've said these are butthurt opensource guys who want the crypto to be opensource and are trying to bully Telegram into releasing their source code. I've been using Linux for years and have seen these guys pop up all the time over the years. "if it's not opensource it's government/corporation evil spyware" Telegram is much more secure than most messaging apps but there are more secure apps out there. Being opensource is a great way to prove your security, but that doesn't mean a proprietary software can't be secure also.

2. chriskirza
    Gingerbread May 27, 2014

3. rufl1g
    Cupcake May 27, 2014

4. Deactivated User
    May 27, 2014

5. musosoft
    Cupcake May 27, 2014

6. Satras
    Honeycomb May 27, 2014

Satras , May 27, 2014 :
    Dude you did not get it... still.... It's not (just) about closed source

7. diro66007
    Gingerbread May 27, 2014

diro66007 , May 27, 2014 :
    Hello "MyPhoneJustDied", first, let me condole to the loss of your phone, hopefully it was not the ONE ...
    second, I propose that you use the Internet, there is a search engine called "GOOGLE" which easily helps you to find out messenger alternatives:
    https://www.google.co.uk/#q=messenger whatsapp alternative
    hope this helps :rolleyes:

einspluseinsmachtzwei likes this.
  8. sari
    Gingerbread May 27, 2014

9. SexyHyde

What didn't I get? Don't get me wrong, I love open source and will admit Telegram isn't the most secure app, I never said it was, but that doesn't mean it's security level is zero which is what your post implied.

10. MyPhoneJustDied
    Honeycomb May 27, 2014

MyPhoneJustDied , May 27, 2014 :
    nicely said! fb is watering down your communication

11. SexyHyde

It was weird because you get people saying I'm only on it because family and friends are in it. But it was mainly just watching what people posted in a stalker like fashion. Once I left people started communicating through text, email, phone and just dropping by. I haven't communicated less but more and they are better interactions.

12. Jevali
    Honeycomb May 27, 2014

Jevali , May 27, 2014 :
    I use whatsapp and facbook messenger. and I have to say facebook messenger is far superior.

1) it does everything whatsapp does
    2) it has my family on there
    3) I can use it on my 3 key devices. work comp, phone for commute, tablet at home. (this is really really useful)
    4) the emoticons are goddam hilarious. (pusheen, pandadog and friends, mobile girl MiM)
    5) its easier to quickly switch to a voice conversation (I use this to talk to my fiancee when abroad over wifi)
    6) its a separate app, so if you hate facebook with its news feeds, you don't have to deal with that.

The only downside is that some people hate facebook, so I have to have whatsapp purely to cater to them

13. jodielee
    Eclair May 27, 2014

14. Khaos
    Froyo May 27, 2014

15. gmo8492
    Lollipop May 27, 2014

16. iamdluhansa
    Gingerbread May 27, 2014

iamdluhansa , May 27, 2014 :
    we go where our friends go I guess
    for instance i use or install both snapchat, telegram, and voxer...but no one I know use it. so, it's pointless I :D

it's the same with hangouts

17. Vinyalo
    Cupcake May 27, 2014

18. harnie
    Gingerbread May 27, 2014

harnie , May 27, 2014 :
    Telegram, bonus > I can use the same account on my Tablet too...!!

19. smashpotato
    Honeycomb May 27, 2014

20. Hype
    Honeycomb May 27, 2014

Hype , May 27, 2014 :
    You should ask yourself how many of your friends using possible alternatives.
    What is the use for you if your friends won't use it :D

captchan likes this.