WhatsApp keyboard not showing with gifs via OnePlus 8T

1. DeLorre12
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2021

DeLorre12 , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 14, 2021 :
    When searching for gifs in whatsapp the keyboard doesn't show up. The space where the keyboard goes is covered with gifs. I can still type blind, so it's there but I can't see the keyboard. I'm using SwiftKey. But I have also tried gboard and the problem occurs as well. I also tried u installing WhatsApp, as well as deleting all data of the app and as previously suggested by WhatsApp turning my phone off and wait 30 sec. The problem still persists. It's annoying...
    1618430313908.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Caoimhín
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 15, 2021

Caoimhín , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 15, 2021 :
    Clear the Gboard App info Cache as well. Check if that helps. If not also consider Clearing the Gboard App info Storage as well. This will reset the Gboard app and remove any customisations.

Also a new update for Gboard was released yesterday on the. Playstore, install that as well after clearing the caches above.

Check if this can help.

Aaron2017 likes this.
  3. DeLorre12
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2021

DeLorre12 , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 15, 2021 :
    I've tried what you proposed with both SwiftKey and gboard but this does not help. The issue still remains.

4. Caoimhín
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 15, 2021

Caoimhín , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 15, 2021 :
    It may also be a permissions issue.

Reset the App permissions, it may be that an app, apps or something connected is causing the issue.

Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > see all apps > select three dots > Reset app preferences.

Then reboot.

⚠️This will not delete your apps data but you will have to provide permissions for all your Apps again.⚠️

Check if this can help.

If this doesn't fix it. Please send Bug reports and give Feedback on the issues back to the OnePlus OOS developers. So that they can investigate them. Thank you.

Community App Feedback tool
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

You can also contact bughunters@oneplus.com

And also contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for Email, Phone contact and online Chat details.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support

5. DeLorre12
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2021

DeLorre12 , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 18, 2021 :
    This didn't help either. I'll contact oneplus as you suggested. Thanks for your time.

Caoimhín likes this.
  6. Caoimhín
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 18, 2021