Whatsapp Web connection problem

1. spooky80
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2020

spooky80 , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 1, 2020 :
    Here are my answers:

1) Which kind of connection does your internet provider give to you? Please select one of the option.

c) IPv4+IPv6 as DS-Lite (no public IPv4 address for the router, router and other services not reachable from outside via IPv4)

2) Which kind of connection does your WiFi provide inside your home network? Please select one of the option.

c) IPv4+IPv6

2. Hēphaistos95
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2020

3. OneplusAbbra
    Froyo Oct 2, 2020

OneplusAbbra , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 2, 2020 :
    they know there's a problem, i sent them my logs, some other People too.. i don't know why it takes them so ******* long

Hēphaistos95 likes this.
  4. PinkyR1 , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Oct 2, 2020 :
    I have this problem too, battery optimization exclusion doesn't work.
    Changing to Ipv4 is not a solution, as we have 70% IPv6 adoption in Belgium... I can't change my friends and work wifi...
    Please provide a solution, as this never happened with any other phone.

Hēphaistos95 likes this.
  5. j0hnnie
    Eclair Oct 3, 2020

j0hnnie , Oct 3, 2020 :
    Same problem here. The sender of WhatsApp doesn't see that the message is delivered. After a non reproducable amount of time the Nord shows a notification, that there could be new messages instead of showing the message itself

6. X1600698218303
    Cupcake Oct 3, 2020

7. 47rambus
    Donut Oct 4, 2020

47rambus , Oct 4, 2020 :
    This is a very big shortcoming for a cell phone and so the cell phone is actually useless

8. j0hnnie
    Eclair Oct 4, 2020

j0hnnie , Oct 4, 2020 :
    IPv6 disabling solved the issue 100%. It's definitely a bug related to IPv6. But this impacts all my other devices and is a dirty workaround. Beside that it will not work on other WiFi networks.

Please 1+ use this feedback to fix this bug. My Honor Smartphone works perfectly with IPv6.

houk, Ricky1987 and rarog like this.
  9. Ricky1987
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2020

10. FedeValenti82
    Donut Oct 8, 2020

FedeValenti82 , Oct 8, 2020 :

which one? the 10.5.8.AC01BA or further?

11. Ricky1987
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2020

Ricky1987 , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 8, 2020 :

Yes I received this update this morning. I will let you know if will resolve the issue

12. Ivesvdf
    Eclair Oct 8, 2020

Ivesvdf , Oct 8, 2020 :
    It doesn't.

13. FedeValenti82
    Donut Oct 8, 2020

FedeValenti82 , Oct 8, 2020 :
    I have that version and the issue still remains

PinkyR1 and Ricky1987 like this.
  14. Ricky1987
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2020

Ricky1987 , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 8, 2020 :
    For the moment (I mean 4 hour), after logout from WhatsApp web and log in, it seems works.

I'll keep you posted

FedeValenti82 likes this.
  15. maikvitesse
    Eclair Oct 9, 2020

maikvitesse , Oct 9, 2020 :
    The issue is still there. How hard can it be for OnePlus to fix this? I really can't believe this

16. j0hnnie
    Eclair Oct 9, 2020

17. Ivesvdf
    Eclair Oct 9, 2020

Ivesvdf , Oct 9, 2020 :
    It is definitely related, but disabling IPv6 is not always feasable because it cannot be disabled on the device, only on the router.

You don't control every wifi network you connect to, right? Think about work networks, public transport, etc. On some home routers that are rented from the ISP you don't have the possibility to disable IPv6.

PinkyR1, FedeValenti82 and rarog like this.
  18. rarog
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator Oct 9, 2020

rarog , Oct 9, 2020 :
    Depending on where the problem is (self-written code, external component, driver) it can be hard to fix, especially if you can't reproduce it. WhatsApp is like the most obvious app where this happens, thought it won't be the only one, but the devs in China have to register a non-Chinese SIM card with it and try things out through VPN, as WhatsApp is blocked there. Depending on VPN the problem could again be hidden because of different routing or how the VPN provider connects you to the rest of the internet. Sadly it's rarely an obvious solution that's easy to fix.

Indeed, this needs to be solved in a normal way. Especially because IPv6 is the future and IPv4 is slowly dying out. Actually it should be mostly dead already, but for many ISPs it seems to be easier to add hacks and use NATs instead of migrating the structure to IPv6. In Germany Vodafone started introducing IPv6 in small steps, T-Mobile just started this year. O2 didn't announce anything. And it's not like this is a new protocol, it was introduced in 1998 and by 2000 I think every major OS had support for it. But it just wasn't used in the industry. And 20 years later I do not want to have such problems anywhere.

Galoem likes this.
  19. maikvitesse
    Eclair Oct 9, 2020

maikvitesse , Oct 9, 2020 :

You're right about that. Personally, I just find it difficult to have a brand new phone that already lacks such a basic functionality. Hope it's made quickly, it's really a great phone!

By the way, I have also noticed that it is very difficult to get a log exactly at the right time. So far I have not succeeded.

It would be nice if we could hear something from OnePlus itself that they are working on this and what the status is. That would reassure me and give me more understanding for the problem.

rarog likes this.
  20. j0hnnie
    Eclair Oct 9, 2020

j0hnnie , Oct 9, 2020 :
    I just wanted to explain the root cause. Doesn't mean disabling IPv6 is a fix - it's still an ugly workaround. But if you guys also test that out, maybe that help 1+ to fix the issue.

21. Ricky1987
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2020