Sound When playing media, volume control does system first, then media volume.

1. G_Justin_Gindin_zONf
    Froyo Jan 24, 2018

G_Justin_Gindin_zONf , Jan 24, 2018 :
    Not sure if this is a common issue or not. If I start watching a video on youtube, or even in my gallery, and I want to adjust the volume, most of the time the volume button wont affect the media volume on the first try.

For instance. I start a youtube video at night. Its BLARING loud so I try to turn it down. The first press of the volume key turns down the "system volume". Or the one with the bell as an icon. If I wait for that drop down to go away, and press volume down again, it will then adjust the media volume.

This is extremely annoying. It doesnt alway happen, sometimes the media volume will adjust immediately.

Whats the deal? Anyone else have this issue?

Justin

kashish.arora likes this.
  2. G_Justin_Gindin_zONf
    Froyo Jan 26, 2018

G_Justin_Gindin_zONf , Jan 26, 2018 :
    Bump...

No one else has this problem? If not...Ill be doing a hard reset I guess. Its done this ever since 4.7.2, when the phone was minty new.

3. stark2991_PL
    KitKat Jan 27, 2018

stark2991_PL , Jan 27, 2018 :
    I noticed it too, but I don't consider it as a big problem. More like oversight.
    Just wait a one more second before pushing the button and you should stop encountering this :)

4. G_Justin_Gindin_zONf
    Froyo Jan 29, 2018

G_Justin_Gindin_zONf , Jan 29, 2018 :
    It seems to happen even if i wait a minute before hitting it. The problem is, sometimes you need the volume down IMMEDIATELY haha. Its more of an annoyance. Maybe it'll be fixed once oreo, or the next update, comes out. Ill just keep an eye on it.

5. Dr. Robert
    Froyo Jan 29, 2018

Dr. Robert , Jan 29, 2018 :
    I've encountered this issue too and at times it can be quite annoying to me and others. How can we get this on the fit-it or To-do list?

6. Bryanpi
    Eclair Jan 30, 2018

Bryanpi , Jan 30, 2018 :
    just hit the little arrow next to the volume and use the sliders. inconvenient but if it's really that important to get the volume down IMMEDIATELY than convenience shouldn't be your concern.

7. kashish.arora
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2018

kashish.arora , Jan 30, 2018 :
    It happens to me alot of time!! and yeah its really anoying
    But some times what i have observed is... start a video.. tap on the video area first and then immediately reduce volume.. then it works sometimes.

and u can do this also
    but yeah its a bug.
    I had moto x play with stock and custom roms... none had that issue.