Where do you live and what are the hidden gems nearby?

1. Texasaggie1
    US Brand Ambassador Nov 21, 2020

Texasaggie1 , Nov 21, 2020 :
    Hey what's up y'all it's Randy and today let's talk about where we live! There are so many awesome people in the OnePlus community. Where we live is such a big part of who we ARE. There are many stories in our lives that have added up to bring us to where we live. So let's share a little about that!

When friends are showing new friends around the area where they live they love to tell them a little bit about the area. They love showing them the places that are popular with the locals. It's a great way to show some love to others.

So the big QUESTION is if one of us came to visit you, what would you tell us about where you live? What local places would you show us so we would know how the locals live?

I'll get us started.

I'm from Texas. 🤠🐎🍺🎶🤖

It's one of the most recognizable places in the world. Whenever I tell people I'm from Texas they usually think I wear a cowboy hat (I don't), have a horse (I don't but I know how to ride one), or drive a truck (I do. I'm from Texas!). Texas is also known for big things (the state is HUGE at 268,581 square miles), barbeque, and being friendly! There are almost 30 million people mostly located in cities. The rest is wide open spaces! The people here love the freedom that comes with that.

I live near Austin which is the capital of the State. It's known for tech, live music (it's the live music capital of the world), breweries, and barbecue. For many years the slogan of the city has been "Keep Austin Weird!" It owns that slogan and is proud of it! It's probably why Elon Musk and Joe Rogan chose to move here.

If you were visiting me there would be three things I would want you to experience.

First would be the food. We would have to make a day of it. Or two. First we would drive down to Lockhart (45 min drive) which is the barbeque capital of Texas. Barbecue in Texas is usually beef, chicken, or pork cooked slowly over an open flame with lots of smoke. The best barbecue falls apart when you touch it because it's cooked to perfection. In Lockhart you don't need barbecue sauce because the meat is juicy without it and spices are all over the meat.

[​IMG]
    Texas Barbeque

After this meal we would head back to Austin and go to Barton Springs pool. Austin sits right on the edge of the Texas Hill Country which is known for its beautiful views and abundant wildlife. Barton Springs pool and its 350 acres would give us a taste of all of that. The pool itself is spring fed and is a constant 68-70 degrees year round so swimming would actually be an option!

[​IMG]
    Barton Springs Pool

Next we would head over to El Arroyo Mexican Food to grab some tacos, a local beer, and maybe a margarita. You CAN'T come to Texas and not have tacos! I literally have tacos at least five times a week. They are great at any meal and you can get almost anything in them you can imagine. My three favorites are bacon and egg, migas with barbacoa, and chicken waffle tacos. El Arroyo is world famous for its memes but it's also an icon here in Texas for the food.

[​IMG]
    World Famous El Arroyo Meme

[​IMG]
    Austin Style Taco

Finally we would head down to San Marcos (45 min drive) to Cheatham Street Warehouse (CSW) to catch a live music show. CSW is an old-school Texas live music venue. Stevie Ray Vaughan, George Strait, and Randy Rogers were all discovered here. We would have to make sure that we caught a live Texas Country show. Texas Country is our own kind of music that you get when you are in Texas. It sounds very twangy but has a lot of stories, irony, and deep messages hidden in it. It's very Texan!

[​IMG]
    Cheatham Street Warehouse

At the end of this day you would definitely feel like an adopted Texan. All of us native and transplanted Texans would be so happy that you were now part of our huge family!

So now let's hear from you! What's it like where you are from and what would you want to show us if we came to visit you?

[Never Settle]

2. Aditya Javadekar
    Jelly Bean Nov 22, 2020

Aditya Javadekar , Nov 22, 2020 :
    Hey buddy,cool thread!
    I live in a suburban part of Pune city, Maharashtra state, India called Pimpri Chinchwad.
    My city, Pune is called the Oxford of the East....due to the quality education and famous educational institutions that are here like Ferguson college,etc
    1606037838330.jpg
    . Pune is also called the cultural capital of India. We have theatre, music, education, food, history religion everything that makes culture....
    Near to where I live is the Hinjewadi Information Technology Park,one of the biggest IT parks in India, consisting of many major IT companies like Infosys, Wipro,etc
    1606037826472.jpg
    There are also a lot of forts from 16th-18th century era...
    Pune was the capital of the Maratha Empire which ruled some parts of India for some time...one of the more famous forts is Sinhagad, it is a very picturesque fort and I regularly go hiking three (3 to 4 hour hike) 1606051629292.jpg said:

The food is mind-blowing...the vadapav(a potato patty inserted inside bread and eaten with fried chilles)
    1606037850164.jpg
    , pani puri(too long to explain) are some of my favourite dishes...
    1606037878701.jpg
    Pune was also voted as the most liveable city in India...and the people here are very warm and welcoming.
    The native language here is Marathi
    If anybody from the forums wishes to come here, these are the places/things I would show/tell...and I would love to be the guide :)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020

3. Rajnish_Dhull
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 22, 2020

Rajnish_Dhull , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Nov 22, 2020 :
    Hi everyone,

I was born in a village in Haryana.
    Everyone was a farmer there.

But now huge, tall buildings are there.

1606052191673.jpg
    There used to be farms, fields at this place, but now roads, homes, villas.

I don't know if this is good or not.

But it gives people an opportunity to earn good because farming was not profitable there.

I lived in different states in India ( Delhi, Mumbai, Chandigarh ).

Hidden Gem - For me- I sleep peacefully whenever I visit HOME.

1606052427804.jpg

1606052427929.jpg
    Mobile Towers, Offices, Buildings and a lot more.

I miss the old times too.

4. Alan__v__john
    Froyo Nov 22, 2020

Alan__v__john , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 22, 2020 :
    HEY I live in PARUMALA,PATHAMTHITTA,KERALA
    Kerala which gods own country ❤️🔥
    And Parumala is a small village and island on the Pampa River in Thiruvalla Taluk
    Famous religious spot near me is the St Paul's & st Peter's Church
    1606055535312.jpg

1606055535335.jpg
    And the pampa river

1606055694354.jpg

5. drhemani
    Froyo Nov 22, 2020

drhemani , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 22, 2020 :
    I live in Rajkot. We have many small water bodies around the city. We get around 150 varieties of local as well migratory birds throughout the year.
    Rajkot Zoo is also world class zoo. And most importantly, we have dolls museum (Rotary Dolls Museum) in Rajkot. It is the 2nd Dolls museum in the country. (http://www.rotary3060dolls.org) said:
    About 120 km from Rajkot, we have Sasan Gir forest which is the only place of Asiatic Lions.
    Posting a few photos of Asiatic lions here. These are all captured by me.
    1606058416133.jpg
    1606058416203.jpg
    View attachment 1481251
    This Lion cub's picture was shot on OnePlus 8 Pro.
    View attachment 1481250
    This spotted deer pic is also shot on OnePlus 8 Pro.
    1606058416259.jpg
    1606058416296.jpg

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 6:07 PM

6. Iamhasannaqvi
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2020

Iamhasannaqvi , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 22, 2020 :
    Really cool thread!

I live at a farm house in a town Kodinar which is located in Gir-Somnath, Gujarat, India. This is the farm house where I live.

1606059450720.jpg

If any of you might come visit there are countless places to visit. Let's say if you came in summer that's the time of famous fruit of Gir which is Kesar Mangoes. You'll not only enjoy ripe mangoes but also, the dishes which are made from Kesar Mangoes such as Shrikhand which is a sweet dish, Ras and Puri, Mangoe flavoured Lassi etc. The list goes on.

1606059578248.jpg

1606059584469.jpg

Once we had our lunch we would go to the Beach which is also a port of Ambuja Cement. The view here is astonishing. There are other beaches near by. Which are located in Diu,Nagoa and those are only 40 KMs away.

View attachment 1447353

1606059667479.jpg

1606059667672.jpg

How could we forget the world famous Gir forest which is a sanctuary for many wildlife creatures and the home of Asiatic lions. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see them roaming around in Jungle.

1606059762199.jpg

1606059762215.jpg

After visiting Gir forest we could go the waterfall not far away from where I live. This waterfall is know by Zamjir Waterfall. You could enjoy splashes of water coming from the waterfall. Just look at these amazing pictures of the waterfall.

1606059376301.jpg

1606059376404.jpg
    I could go on but I would keep many places a secret and can be revealed once you visit.

7. Bhaveee
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2020

8. Bhaveee
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2020

Bhaveee , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 22, 2020 :
    So i am fr Delhi, India @Texasaggie1 and i must admit some of the places in Delhi NCR, is just breathtaking 😍😍 but here are 4 of many i have recently visited.

1. Bark Street Cafe- a beautiful cafe with tasty food not only for you but also you four-legged best friend (s). A nice beautiful place where you and you pet can play and also eat delicious food
    1606060108395.jpg

2. Barks and Meows- so another pet Friendly place but this time a place for an actual playground for you pets, an adoption center and a tasty and very awesome serving cafe. I bet everyone should take their pets to this place. PS- sorry i was on duty there so i didnt clicked nice pictures 😭
    1606060286828.jpg

3. Sanjay Van (forest) Lake- So a great but widely spread park with a beautiful lake. A nice romantic place 🥰 for you and your loved ones. Also... U can feed ducks and swans there...😍
    1606060108591.jpg
    4. Lodhi Garden- A nice heritage site with nothing much but a monument in the middle and a large beautiful garden surrounding it. A great place for calm and peace.
    1606060108667.jpg

9. manojsurya99
    Jelly Bean Nov 22, 2020

manojsurya99 , Nov 22, 2020 :
    I'm from Visakhapatnam and the city is called City of Destiny..
    The name says it all.. it's pensioner's paradise..
    A super good coast line, nice mountains, good temples and much more..

10. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 22, 2020

Starcommander , Nov 22, 2020 :
    I am from Xander. For more info, watch Guardians of Galaxy 😂😂
    Jokes apart, this is a beautiful thread and I will definitely visit it daily

11. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Nov 22, 2020

12. Sheik_Nawaz
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2020

Debtanu Ganguly and Texasaggie1 like this.
  13. WASIM OnePlus
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2020

Debtanu Ganguly and Texasaggie1 like this.
  14. N1605603656193
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2020

Debtanu Ganguly likes this.
  15. Ranjit2206
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2020 at 12:56 AM

Debtanu Ganguly likes this.
  16. Dr.Dhruvil
    Donut Nov 23, 2020 at 1:07 AM

17. Jayesh1190
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2020 at 1:18 AM

18. Texasaggie1
    US Brand Ambassador Nov 23, 2020 at 1:41 AM