7. Blue-agila
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2018

Blue-agila , Dec 3, 2018 :
    WiFi>>wiFi Preferences>>Advanced

D1565002131349 likes this.
  8. taylor85345
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2018

taylor85345 , Dec 3, 2018 :
    It may not be particularly secure from a networking perspective, but it is surprisingly useful when you do need it. I can't tell you how many people I know who have absurdly long secure passwords on their WiFi, or have literally just forgotten the password, and in these cases having WPS as an option to get on their WiFi is really handy.

I know that WPS was removed in Android Pie, and OnePlus may be rolling that back to Oreo devices too because of the security concerns. It's rumored to be coming back in later updates, but I'm not sure how much stock to put in the rumors.

9. borft
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2018

borft , Dec 4, 2018 :
    absurdly long passwords become kind of useless when you use WPS.

10. E1524934408274
    Donut Dec 4, 2018

E1524934408274 , Dec 4, 2018 :
    Doors become kind of useless when you have a key. What's your point here

p0seidon94 and Narendhra_Nath like this.
  11. borft
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2018

borft , Dec 4, 2018 :
    it's not about a key, it's about using a very heavy steel door, with a tiny crappy lock that can be opened with a tooth pick. using WPS basically renders your WiFi insecure

Mukund760 likes this.
  12. Arghus
    Donut Jun 20, 2019

Arghus , Jun 20, 2019 :
    I used to have it on settings but it's not there anymore, i have no advanced tab,
    Searched settings and again not there.
    And as for security, wps simply input the code automatically for you, i think
    If someone had physical access to your router then security is a bit lost either way.

Attached Files:

13. borft
    Jelly Bean Jun 20, 2019

borft , Jun 20, 2019 :
    you think wrong.... it can be brute forced... it's been removed for ages. you might as well use wep for encryption.

14. JaneJJackson
    Cupcake Jun 24, 2019

JaneJJackson , Jun 24, 2019 :
    All of you are way off...if going make uninformed advice like WPS is, "insecure" you need stop giving bad info... This IGNORANCE is why it's being removed. Because you hear WPS and think insecure when in fact it can be MORE secure because you aren't giving out password to people. You need clarify WPS Push Button is, when tied ONLY to physical switch is not susceptible to any cracking without the physical push. WPS pass however is so easy that almost any kid can do it.....The problem is HALF informed people saying WPS is insecure to sound like they are some "cool in-the-know maybe a hacker(!?!)" type person. WPS is a few different systems of quick key agreement ONE of which is totally exploited, the other can if not set right, and WPS phy button only with soft - switch option disabled.... It's fine and in some social engineering ways BETTER than handing out written pas or user/pass, or absurdly proper pass like I use that's jibbersh and mostly punctuation.... If I have that pass, I'd be open to unauthorized access, but if I push button, then I can remove but they can't see what pass was unless they are pro users with a rooted phone to decode.

So please, stop trying act cool giving half right info, either go get in school or find something else to advise on. Professionals know the difference...give fully informed answer or none at all. Just because a practice "seems" more safe & secure, do not mean it is especially in this day where normal everyday people know what Social Engineering is..everyone is an armchair hacker these days, like a whole generation watched Sneakers that one to many time.
    Now, go ahead and tell me I'm wrong, but better read some white papers and some time in a VM lab ... Cause you'll need it! :hugs:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019

15. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Jul 19, 2019

gaster , Jul 19, 2019 :
    WPS seems to be removed after this update and that's cause you are not able to find it. Even if my 6T there's no any setting about it. At least I couldn't find one even with the search function in the settings.

16. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Jul 19, 2019

Waveform Modifier , Jul 19, 2019 :
    Google removed it.

17. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Jul 19, 2019

gaster , Jul 19, 2019 :
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too from some articles I've read later :)

Waveform Modifier likes this.
  18. borft
    Jelly Bean Jul 20, 2019

borft , Jul 20, 2019 :
    it's removed because it's a deprecated and insecure function!

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  19. kodalishanthu
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2019

kodalishanthu , Aug 17, 2019 :
    You're 100% Right.

Again some members are repeating it, even after so much explanation.

And is he 'GOD' who removed WPS? And what is the use of removing WPS from mobile, with out removing WPS from wi-fi router?

Nonsensical support to a nonsensical act of removing WPS.

The matter is not about long password, even when the password is small, people sometimes may forget the password of their own wi-fi network, because wi-fi is mostly automatically connected the next time, once you connect it by entering password. So suddenly after months, you may need to connect another device, or any guest visiting you needs to connect to your wifi, and he may be in urgent need...

People talk bull shit "SECURITY REASONS"... nonsense, if so much security, why so many breaches, hacking etc...etc....

Nonsensical "SECURITY REASONS"...

20. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Aug 17, 2019

Mr_Cyrox , Aug 17, 2019 :
    So... Like the Headphone Jack situation?
    If so then it ain't coming back