Where OnePlus Has Failed Us

1. RJ Murdok
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 10, 2016

RJ Murdok , Jul 10, 2016 :
    Hi everyone,

This was coming sooner or later. Looking back at 2014, OnePlus was incredibly transparent. They were outgoing with the community, they provided goals, and pro ides their status with certain topics very often. Carl himself even covered a custom ROM, Exodus and wasn't afraid to cover alternatives to Cyanogen. It was great to watch the company grow. I never owned a One but I had always wanted one I'm spite of what Google brought to the table with their Nexus lineup. OnePlus as a company appeared to be free.

Let's flash forward to 2015. OnePlus introduces Oxygen, they pick up a few people from the PA team, and they now aren't nearly as transparent. They discuss very little, and most of the stuff they do discuss is media garbage like "Get Sandstones." What the hell is this OnePlus? A tech company or a circus of clowns?

They introduce two device that year; the 2 and the X. Hardware wise, you couldn't really ask more for the cost but software wise, they were a joke. People had and still have several issues months later that still haven't been fixed. And where is OnePlus? I have no clue, but they sure do lie.

Take a look at the X. A month ago Helen promised an update and it has yet to arrive. I would've preferred something to the tone of "I'll do it when I feel like it" because jeres the thing:

MasterAwesome ported CM12 with no bugs by the start of February.

Ashwinr64 ported a stable version of CM13 in April

We have had AOKP night lies since late February because of rohitporoli

Vatsal made AICP official in February as well...

And here it is July... And guess what? The people who don't want to flash something are left in the dust with a message declaring that something will come soon...

And here I am on Zephyr OS now looking at everyone running Oxygen, and I'm having a hard time recommending this to people who aren't technically inclined. What a shame. They never said anything like they couldn't do it or never even provided reasoning as to why.

Where OnePlus has failed us is their lack of transparency.

Never Settle

2. kryshnakishore

3. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jul 10, 2016

The1Lion , Jul 10, 2016 :
    OP never owned a OPO. Although not specifically named, I think OP owns the X

4. kaghedo
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2016

kaghedo , Jul 10, 2016 :
    What exactly has failed you? o_O

5. RJ Murdok

The companies transparency lol. That's why ii bought the X in the first place

6. RJ Murdok

Nah. OnePlus never made the X. It was Jesus... Forgot about that. Wrong forum

7. RJ Murdok

I do

0xTJ, The1Lion and Ceasedd like this.
  8. joebass96

joebass96 , Jul 10, 2016 :
    because He or she is an idiot simple! Don't make stupid comments when you don't even own the device.
    I own the oneplus 3,and it's a fantastic phone great specs and performance and excellent value for money!!

lolreppeatlol likes this.
  9. lolrepeatlol
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2016

lolrepeatlol , Jul 10, 2016 :
    Don't you understand? We don't all own the 3. We can't afford a lot of things.

That's why we own the X.

10. malidan
    Nougat Jul 10, 2016

malidan , Jul 10, 2016 :
    Steady on RJ people might starting thinking your in league with me, but nicely said;)

11. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 10, 2016

nyzproof333 , Jul 10, 2016 :
    Hopefully you have learned a valuable lesson. Don't believe anything these guys say until you see it.

The goal appears to be to get users frustrated with the lack of attention the X is getting so they dump it and buy a 3.

12. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 10, 2016

Then when something stops working you're going to be in the same place the op is by asking for attention to a device you purchased from this company. Let's see how you react when that happens.

13. lolrepeatlol
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2016

Im on league with you now, used to love OP :*

malidan and RJ Murdok like this.
  14. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 10, 2016

15. lolrepeatlol
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2016

wow umm yeah that's stupid lol. it will make me actually not want to buy from this company again.

OnePlus is a retard.

16. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 10, 2016

Not retarded IMO but just don't care about customers. It's sad how so many get "sold" on the fact that they do care.

My B*llshit radar has been going off about this company for a while. Needless to say I won't give them my money. Good smart phones are a dime a dozen these days.

17. lolrepeatlol
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2016

Ya same, used to check the forums everyday. Now? Completely different. I have better things to do.

Should have gotten the 5x

malidan, Tobikage and nyzproof333 like this.
  18. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 10, 2016

I like to talk tech and watch the train wrecks unfold. It's entertaining, so I visit often.

lolreppeatlol and Tobikage like this.
  19. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 10, 2016

Tobikage , Jul 10, 2016 :
    Would you like to have a curved screen on your future OP4 ??
    I can talk to @Carl and make it happen :rolleyes:

NaterTots, Ceasedd and nyzproof333 like this.
  20. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jul 10, 2016

Yes I enjoy it. I also want a larger battery, better support and some type of accountability in place for failed timely updates to new software versions.

Go get it boss.

Natakranta and Tobikage like this.