Which device should I get? OnePlus 7T vs OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition

1. Anothen
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2019

Anothen , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 14, 2019 :
    I'm going to try to keep this phone for another week and if there is not an immediate plan of action to release a update to fix this battery, it is going back. everything about this phone is great but the battery life is terrible and is not something that can be overcome by a bunch of other great features. horrible battery life will be the legacy of this phone if it is not fixed immediately.

jhovictor19 likes this.
  2. Joe.Dirt
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2019

Joe.Dirt , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 14, 2019 :
    I have the 7T Pro 5G McLaren T-Mobile along with the 6T Global version, both being on T-Mobile, they both had battery drain issues until I disabled all background apps along with auto search for wifi/network. Needless to say I can run a couple apps in the background but not the scanning for networks and still have an all day battery life on either phone. That has been the case as well for the Pixel or Samsung phones, along numerous Window Phones in the day. Naturally the more I use wifi or data it will drain substantially.

On a side note, does anyone know if there is a way to convert all of my icons to the McLaren themed icons? I like Google Message and Calendar but the blue just simply clashes with the other McLaren icons on my home screen.

3. techmadeleine
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2019

techmadeleine , Dec 14, 2019 :
    I don't know if it just me but I don't trust any moving parts on a phone on the long run :/ I would go with the 7T as well.

Tax_Mny likes this.
  4. UncleCupCake
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2019

VisualTroubadour likes this.
  5. UncleCupCake
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2019

UncleCupCake , Dec 14, 2019 :
    if it's within 14 days of purchase you can return

C1569889214374 likes this.
  6. UncleCupCake
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2019

UncleCupCake , Dec 14, 2019 :
    ask if they have a pro in stock .. some stores still do and grab that instead. battery is great . or return and buy it direct from OnePlus for 499 this weekend

jhovictor19 likes this.
  7. JerseyPirates
    US Brand Ambassador Dec 14, 2019

JerseyPirates , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 14, 2019 :
    Yikes! My biggest problem with battery drain seemed to be when the signal was an issue. If I remember correctly, the following screenshot was when it was off the charger for the night and about an hour or so of gameplay. Plus, I imagine there will probably also be some updates in the future to improve battery life.
    1576351489852.jpg
    As far as the pop up camera, I wouldn't worry much about it's durability. I know people that have been using the pro face unlock without any issues...to me it just seems a little slower. I'm more of a fingerprint gal anyway. 🙂

8. JerseyPirates
    US Brand Ambassador Dec 14, 2019

JerseyPirates , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 14, 2019 :
    Thanks. I'm currently playing with the super macro and having fun. I took a pic of a water bug through glass (and water) and was pretty impressed how it came out. I loaded into Google Lens for identification and it kept telling me there was text hidden in the lines of it's wings. 🤨

C1576404589074 and cdnfarmer like this.
  9. Football_rider
    Donut Dec 14, 2019

P1575174174742 likes this.
  10. Tax_Mny
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2019

Tax_Mny , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 14, 2019 :
    Exactly. I don't care how much they claim it can go up and down. Plus the pop up front camera is slower than the stationary front camera.

11. goranxald@gmail
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2019

12. C1554049038473
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2019

C1554049038473 , Dec 15, 2019 :
    Hope in 2020 op will be flat and more fluid
    notch display will not accepted.
    pop camera or under display hidden camera need for better experience. Don't curve it again 😴

13. Groggy69
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2019

Groggy69 , Dec 15, 2019 :
    I also am having battery life issues. Lasting about half as long as my 7 pro did. I have the McLaren I absolutely love it except for the battery life. Like someone said earlier hopefully, it gets fixed quickly if not I will have to go back to my 7 pro.

14. jhovictor19
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2019

jhovictor19 , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 15, 2019 :
    It might take long for the fix since T-MOBILE and Oneplus are still in denial that there's a problem with the phone and the signal. And i bet it's not on the top of their priorities. by the time they admit ot and start so ng something it might be too late for a return.

15. UncleCupCake
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2019

UncleCupCake , Dec 15, 2019 :
    this is all expected people it's first 5g phone that works for most part. if you didn't expect battery drain you set up yourself for disappointment. early adoptors need to be aware of this. and update will come in time but most won't fix it perfectly. the next 2 generations is where I will watch for 5g and new battery tech .this is all deja Vu it all happened when 4glte first made it big.killed battery's for like a yr or 2. so much so people shut it off on phone .. everyone wanted WiFi passworda where ever they went lol. same deal.

16. jhovictor19
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2019

jhovictor19 , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 15, 2019 :

P1575174174742

this is all expected people it's first 5g phone that works for most part. if you didn't expect battery drain you set up yourself for disappointment. early adoptors need to be aware of this. and update will come in time but most won't fix it perfectly. the next 2 generations is where I will watch for 5g and new battery tech .this is all deja Vu it all happened when 4glte first made it big.killed battery's for like a yr or 2. so much so people shut it off on phone .. everyone wanted WiFi passworda where ever they went lol. same deal.​

Indo understand that, but not all people are techies, majority are just people who wants a better phone out of the box. if thats the case, why would they introduce and promote the product that cant deliver. In other words they use the paying people as product testers without them knowing. ginea pig.

17. NEOMERCER
    Froyo Dec 15, 2019

NEOMERCER , Dec 15, 2019 :
    The camera is rated for like 300,000 uses with you being able to use it 150 times a day for 5 years if I'm not mistaken. Still, I wouldn't use face unlock when it has to pop up in the first place and the fingerprint sensor already works fine. Not sure what's chewing up your battery. I have the 5G McClaren too and when I'm not touching it the battery barely drains at all. And this is with Bluetooth always turned on and 5G active most of the time in my area.

18. kamalmansoor
    Eclair Dec 15, 2019

kamalmansoor , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 15, 2019 :
    Presently i am a 6t user, i got it in Pre-booking and have loved it the second i had the box in my hand its has always been a great pleasure to use this phone, and then came 7T with blazing speed and off course an unmatched 90Hz display, I ordered at first opportunity and have received it now already today one week has past.
    The story doesnt end here......
    Believe me if you can that after 7 days already in my possession i have not yet set up the phone because i am totally disappointed with Oneplus's behavior w.r.t. Android update for 6 & 6t
    most of you may not be aware that the business going on with respect to their updates
    it is been now more than 2 months that Google released Android version 10 and since then there have been two instances when oneplus claimed to have released the update for this phones although they claimed that it will be a staged roll out but even for that it is now already 10 days haven't received the update.
    the thing which is alarming is not the delay in in update but the fact that 2 times they have tried to roll out the update but it carried some serious bugs how could oneplus be that irresponsible
    I am not so sure and now very sceptical about the fact that should I continue with oneplus or switch over to some other manufacturer

19. ronnyhawks320
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 15, 2019

ronnyhawks320 , Dec 15, 2019 :
    if you're just crying about not getting the 10 update on your 6T yet, just download Oxygen Updater and manually install the update. problem solved

P1575174174742 likes this.
  20. ronnyhawks320
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 15, 2019

ronnyhawks320 , Dec 15, 2019 :
    1576422920050.jpg

1576422920108.jpg 1576423134085.jpg

1576422920142.jpg

1576422920184.jpg

Here's my 2 cents. I use to have the McLaren 6T. I switched to the 7 Pro right when it came out. never had any issues whatsoever with either phones. best phones I've ever owned. A few days ago, I received the T-Mobile 7T Pro McLaren 5G. no real changes between the 2 devices. obviously the 7T Pro has a bigger battery, charges faster, has 5G, more RAM etc. but really the only obvious difference is the fingerprint scanner. The 7 Pros was closer to the bottom of the phone, and was lit up with a green light. the T-Mobile 7T Pros scanner is about an inch higher on the screen, and is lit up with a white light. other than that, it's pretty much the same phone. the T-Mobile 7T Pro replaces the McLaren boot animation with the cheesy pink T-Mobile one, and also the powering off screen has also been replaced with the T-Mobile one. last night I placed an order for an HD1913 unlocked international version, and will be returning the T-Mobile version when that one arrives. If you don't have the 900 to fork out for an International version, if recommend grabbing the T-Mobile version on monthly installments. it's a limited edition deal. they will sell out

VirtualDanMan likes this.