Which device should I get? OnePlus 7T vs OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition

1. V1544387248968 , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 10, 2020 :
    I'm on my second OP T model. and I'm very pleased.I have the OP 7t. it comes through with everything it promised. love the 90 refresh rate, Warp Charing, this phone is as smooth as butter. camera is great [e]1f44c[/e]. can't wait to see what the OP8 brings me.whats up There sleeve.im leaning towards the 8pro so far, I hope they keep the price reasonable like in the past.Thanks Tony Prov RI USA.

2. rgallo10 , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 11, 2020 :
    I believe it's the 5G that eats up the battery I had the 7pro no issues went to the 7t no problem but the 5g version battery not so good

3. soccastar123
    Froyo Jan 11, 2020

soccastar123 , Jan 11, 2020 :
    I have the McLaren 5g model and battery is just fine. people are over exaggerating bad battery life.

SeaRefractor and Joe.Dirt like this.
  4. Joe.Dirt
    Gingerbread Jan 11, 2020

Joe.Dirt , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 11, 2020 :
    I concur, I'm now getting two full days of regular use from my phone now.

V1544387248968 likes this.
  5. X1548468446231
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2020

6. G1572469583021
    Gingerbread Jan 13, 2020

G1572469583021 , Jan 13, 2020 :
    headphone jacks are really out the door but there are much better Bluetooth headphones out there then even wired I have some really good truly wireless earbuds and I love them

7. F1572465538293
    Froyo Jan 20, 2020

F1572465538293 , Jan 20, 2020 :
    The regular OnePlus 7 Pro 5G I get more than 1 1/2 days of battery life with heavy use, the 855 plus is overclocked vs the regular 855, so I'm sure the SoC uses more power, I get just as good of gaming performance with my regular 7 Pro 5G with the standard 855. The battery isn't much bigger on the 7T Pro 5G vs the 7 Pro to compensate for the extra power usage of the overclocked SoC that you won't notice the performance difference on. that's why hardly any manufacturers released phones with the 855 plus because of its extra power consumption and negligible performance difference. the regular 7 Pro 5G is the longest lasting phone battery wise I've ever had. I would not be able to stand a 1080p screen on the 7T vs a QHD+ screen like on my 7 Pro 5G and the 7T Pro 5G. Since I have a 7 Pro 5G I'm happy with mine but pissed that I still don't have Android 10.

SeaRefractor likes this.
  8. G1572469583021
    Gingerbread Jan 20, 2020

G1572469583021 , Jan 20, 2020 :
    that's pretty awesome I think they just need to tweak Android 10 because even the Google pixel 4 is have an issue with battery life. I think it has to do with Andrew 10 and the way it's working. I have the 70 pro 5G McLaren edition after the December update I have no longer have a GPS issue and I'm getting better battery life. Yes I got about 17 hours and about 3 and 1/2 to 4 hours screen on time. I really don't see a difference between 1080P and 1440p on a 6.5 inch screen. I used to sell high-end 4K TVs and I have a 4K TV and really don't see a difference on this kind of screen. The colors actually come from the screen calibration which I still have on advanced. I'm seeing how the battery life does and I do still have on 90 Hertz refresh rate I won't turn it down. I mean turn the resolution backup to autobut if I don't see a difference then who cares only get better a little bit better battery life. the overclocked CPU that's how a bit when it comes to gaming. otherwise I love the OnePlus 7t pro 5G McLaren edition an awesome phone.

F1572465538293 likes this.
  9. F1572465538293
    Froyo Jan 20, 2020

F1572465538293 , Jan 20, 2020 :
    I'm glad you like it, I can see the difference, some people can some people it's not a big enough difference to bother them. The 90Hz refresh rate is the biggest noticable thing, going to 60Hz from 90Hz is just awful looking, I get about 8 hours of screen time on my 7 Pro 5G. I love the styling of it, I'm with Sprint so it's not an option for me, but it's one gorgeous phone, I like my blue 7 Pro 5G, but the McLaren Edition is on another level of the 7T Pro 5G.

10. Ytkuser
    Gingerbread Jan 26, 2020

11. soccastar123
    Froyo Jan 26, 2020

soccastar123 , Jan 26, 2020 :
    The battery "issues" are highly exaggerated.

Ytkuser likes this.
  12. Hootieplus5
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2020

Hootieplus5 , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 9, 2020 :
    Turn off NFC in the options. Big battery drainer. Also check the battery tab and see what other items/apps are draining battery.

13. Ytkuser
    Gingerbread Feb 13, 2020

Ytkuser , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Feb 13, 2020 :
    I have found that Google play music likes to automatically launch when using any USB device , that can be a big battery waster might check your apps and see what all is using battery. I been trying to figure out how to kill the auto launch of Google play music if anyone can help thanks much. as it will launch and play music that I don't hear as I use my talk radio in my car.

14. uyshdhwjkakjss , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 27, 2020 :
    I can't believe I own a phone that is this AWESOME. without paying a thousand dollars. ty OnePlus. I'm very poor. reason I went with 7t is I didn't have to come out of pocket to trade in my s10e which I hadn't even paid off and was a very poor decision financially. That being said the BEST ever decision as far as my happiness. s10 e... small screen. over priced. from what I'm reading is that the battery is a very big Downfall and for that much$$ extra doesn't make sense. ty up OnePlus!!

and if TMobile carries the 8 when released I'm probably going to get that "another poor financial decision" ONLY IF YOU CAN PLEASE GIVE ME THE OPTION TO UPGRADE MEMORY???????

or come standard with 1 terabyte.

hopefully have 120 fresh 12 ram and hopefully push it to a SOLID 7 screen. why are we playing around with these 6.55 and this 6.that. just 7 sounds much better. clean and simple. lmao ANY PLANS ON TABLET MARKET?? GONNA BREAK DOWN SOON AND PURCHASE AN IPAD. BEST GAMMING TABS OUT THERE AND I KNOW YOU GUYS CAN TOP THEM RIIIIIGGHHHTTTYY????

15. SeaRefractor
    Gingerbread May 30, 2020

SeaRefractor , via OnePlus Community App , May 30, 2020 :
    Loving my McLaren. Now most of my family will be OP with the 7 Pro(s) going to family. Nice upgrades for their Samsung S8 and S9 phones.

Get pretty good 5G at home and it's going to get better with Sprint merger and mid-band frequencies at some point.

1590863006946.jpg

16. nealjs_ky
    Eclair Jun 14, 2020

nealjs_ky , Jun 14, 2020 :
    Yes, that is my current dilemma....I'm about to join the OnePlus family and am torn between the 7T and 7 Pro. (Well, actually I wanted the 8, but not its $700 price tag - was hoping for the T-mobile deal, but didn't want to add a line.) I was then focusing on the 7T but then noticed T-mobile now has the 7 Pro 256GB phone for $50 less. The extra space and price is tempting, as well as the display, but don't really want a large, heavy phone. So if I have my notes correct, the pros of each phone are-

7T: Camera? , smaller profile, maybe better battery life?
    7Pro: Display, no notch, more storage,

(I'm not a gamer, or watch videos all that much so processing wise for me consider it a draw)

I guess I really have to hold each of them to see how they both feel, and go with the gut. TImely thread!

17. SeaRefractor
    Gingerbread Jun 15, 2020

SeaRefractor , Jun 15, 2020 :
    Yes, definitely hold both and try them out for a while. Before the 5G McLaren, I had OnePlus 7 Pro that I really liked. Went to my spouse, but while a great phone she disliked the size. Now my daughter is rocking it and my wife is back on her Samsung Galaxy S9 while we look at a current generation phone that she likes size wise.

As for camera, not sure that the 7T is that much of a bump if much. 7T Pro has a macro mode that is nice, but I don't recall if the 7T has it or not. Otherwise the rest of the sensors are the same ones from the 7 Pro but with better software since the 7 Pro launch. This means that the 7 Pro has also improved greatly camera wise since the software has been updated.

I have large hands, so it's like all phones are small. So to prevent an experience like my Spouses, be sure to try them both out. Would be great if flagships came in two sizes, a really compact size (spouse dreams of the iPhone 4S from way back) and then today's phablets for the rest of us.

18. nealjs_ky
    Eclair Jun 17, 2020

nealjs_ky , Jun 17, 2020 :
    Tough to really get a good feel for either with those holders the T-mobile store have on their cells phones attached to- couldn't really tell a difference. In the end really a tough call between the two so I may punt, and buy a 6T instead!
    This way I get familiar to OnePlus phones at a lower price point, and can trade it towards what I really wanted - a OP8 5G phone, next year.

19. Derekalon , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Jun 19, 2020 :
    You can't go wrong with any of these devices, but from my experience, I will go with the Pro, better screen, no notch, better storage, the only thing is that I am not a fan of curved screens, I hope that one plus will continue doing flat panels in the devices and at least once a year make a special edition phone without a notch, but you can choose any of these devices with your eyes closed and you won't be wrong

V1544387248968 likes this.