8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. Nikon D3200

30 vote(s)
    58.8%
  1. nishus97
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2014

nishus97 , Jun 9, 2014 :
    So CSC cameras, but they arguably have a lower image quality right, for the similar price?

Zenarc likes this.
  2. Xillra
    Froyo Jun 9, 2014

Xillra , Jun 9, 2014 :
    Like everyone else said, the T3i is pretty great. You can find them all over ebay for pretty cheap from reputable dealers.
    edit: if your looking for anything smaller, go with anything around the $400 - $500 range for mirror-less cameras, they are the best.

nishus97 likes this.
  3. artbeat

artbeat , Jun 9, 2014 :
    You should rather get OPO! If you are anywhere close to call yourself beginner/Learner then OPO is the best bet. You will not regret your choice!!

nishus97 likes this.
  4. Buzzbee
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2014

nishus97 likes this.
  5. DuB_Droid

DuB_Droid , Jun 9, 2014 :
    If you are looking for an Entry Level so go for the D3200 combined with the 18-105 mm lens to have the right extension to start :)

nishus97 likes this.
  6. bigCITYbrown

bigCITYbrown , Jun 9, 2014 :
    Personally I like Nikon. It just made more sense to me I used it in the store. If your in North America go to a bestbuy or similar & try them out. It workd for me. If you go Nikon I'd go with the 5xxxx series.

nishus97 likes this.
  7. hjzwiers
    Froyo Jun 9, 2014

hjzwiers , Jun 9, 2014 :
    Go mirrorless!! Sony is on the move a6000 or a7

jdstigler and nishus97 like this.
  8. bolondember
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2014

bolondember , Jun 9, 2014 :
    if you want an entry level DSLR - why not a mid class MILC? ;)

nishus97 likes this.
  9. Buzzbee
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2014

Buzzbee , Jun 9, 2014 :
    I would definitely agree. a7 is probably out of budget, but a6000 has great quality images and supremely fast focusing speeds from what i've heard.

nishus97 likes this.
  10. -OZ-
    Honeycomb Jun 9, 2014

-OZ- , Jun 9, 2014 :
    I'd second the opinion of taking a closer look at mirrorless cameras.

My DSLR experience is limited to the Canon EOS 450D so far, and I had it with me on a few trips to London and Italy. One thing that really started to bug me over the course of time was the weight of the camera and the additional equipment I'd always have to carry with me...

Therefore if I'd ever buy a new camera, portablity would be my criteria #1. Hence my choice would be either a Sony Nex 3 or 5. From what I've read in reviews they're pretty good and Sony rules the mirrorless sector!

Canon also offers a mirrorless one, the Canon M, if you prefer Canon over other companies.

nishus97 likes this.
  11. Alexander-Nielsen
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2014

Alexander-Nielsen , Jun 9, 2014 :
    as far as mirror-less vs dslr then its a though decision because there are some good mirror-less cameras out there and personally i have both, a 2-3 year old sony dsc-hx7v( small compact pocked size mirror less) and my canon 700D (medium/small size dslr)
    but the way i am deciding between the two is if i am going on a trip where i may take some pictures i bring my Sony camera but if i know i'll be taking a fair amount of pictures then i bring my canon camera because its allows me to easier customize the settings to the situation and allow me more flexibility and as a "photographer" i be taken more seriously.

but again on my study trip to München (Germany) with my class mates i choose the mirror-less camera though i took a lot of pictures but because we where walking around all day and you will get tired of walking around with a dslr for a whole day but half a day is possible and have done it a couple of times :)

so its a though decision to choose between the two because they both do a great job of capturing the moments. and in week 27 i'm going on vacation with my family and i'll will bring both cameras because they are both great cameras and i certainly will use both. just for different scenarios

nishus97 and p51d007 like this.
  12. hjzwiers
    Froyo Jun 9, 2014

hjzwiers , Jun 9, 2014 :
    Choose the a6000 over the previous. Fast AF and in my view the integrated EVF is great (especially in the summer). I have been using the 16-70 zeis, great all around lens and compact enough

jdstigler, nishus97 and -OZ- like this.
  13. farismahder
    Froyo Jun 9, 2014

farismahder , Jun 9, 2014 :
    I have had Nikon SLRs for more than 15 years and I can almost still use most lenses. Although half of them ain't motorised, I can still work the dials though :)

nishus97 likes this.
  14. Neurotica
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2014

Neurotica , Jun 9, 2014 :
    Go for a nikon. Right now i'm using the d5300 and i couldn't be happier. In my opinion nikon makes much better cameras in regards to photos, if you are interested more in videography then that's when you might want to consider a cannon. Besides that i like how nikons feel in my hands, button layout, etc. And i do like nikor lenses a lot! :)

nishus97 likes this.
  15. jnelson
    Froyo Jun 9, 2014

jnelson , Jun 9, 2014 :
    I am a long-time DSLR user (at least 10 years). My current one is a Nikon D7000 and numerous lenses. However, compact digital cameras have come a LONG way. I would highly recommend looking at the Panasonic Lumix LX7. Yes, it's a "point and shoot" but it is truly powerful and I find myself routinely leaving my DSLR behind in favor of its compact size and power (especially in low light at 1.4 aperture!!!) The best part is that it allows FULL manual control of all settings, something rare in point and shoots especially at that price point. True, you can't swap lenses, but I am really amazed with the camera. But, if you are set on a DSLR, I'd recommend either the Nikon 3200 or Canon T3i.

nishus97 and p51d007 like this.
  16. Cagliostra
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2014

Cagliostra , Jun 9, 2014 :
    Any of them.
    What really will matter are the lenses you are going to use with the body.
    And, always first and foremost: you, the photografer.

:cool:

nishus97 and Alexander-Nielsen like this.
  17. p51d007
    KitKat Jun 9, 2014

p51d007 , Jun 9, 2014 :
    When I hear people say "what dSLR should I get, the first thing I ask is "what do you want to do with it?"
    Will you ever take it off the green "A" automatic mode? Will you use anything other than the kit lens? Do you plan on getting a tripod, external flash, ring flash, extra lenses? If the answer is no, money wise, you might be better of getting a "super zoom" instead of a dSLR. I've had an older model, it was new when I bought it in 2010 Nikon D5000. The reason I got that, instead of a D90 was I wanted the LCD screen that moved, to make it easier on tripod to see the screen without bending down (knees getting old ya know).
    I can't remember the last time I used the auto mode...maybe 3-4 times. In four years, I've shot almost 10,000 frames. I will screw around with all the settings when I shoot. With the exif data being saved on the RAW files, I can easily see which settings achieve the best results for what I was shooting.
    If you do get more than the kit lens, or, do like I did, and get the camera without any lens, pick yourself up a "walk around" lens, say 18-55, 18-200 or so, something you can get pretty good results without having to carry your bag around. Then get yourself a good prime lens, 1.8...a decent zoom, a few filters and have fun!
    Nice thing about digital, you won't waste a lot of film, like I did back in the late 70's to late 80's with a film camera. I'd shoot over a dozen rolls at an airshow easily!
    Man all that money in film!
    Here is a good site, that has a LOT of good info, and pretty good users forum section, where you can get all sorts of tips, tricks and reviews from people that actually own the camera(s) you might get. http://www.dpreview.com/

Have fun! photography is a great way for me anyway, to work off stress, enjoy the outdoors. Sometimes I'll have nothing to do, will fill the tank in the car, and just take off. One trip, I drove 300 miles, covering almost 15 counties, about 300 photos on that run. It's a great hobby, enjoy!

18. p51d007
    KitKat Jun 10, 2014

p51d007 , Jun 10, 2014 :
    When I got my film SLR, back in the very early 80's, right next door to where I work, was (still is there) a camera shop that has been around since 1888! Those guys were the best resource you could imagine. They live & breathe photography. Starting out, I think I was in there almost every day pestering them with this or that question. Over the years, got to know a lot of them, so even though their hardware might be a little more expensive than buying off a big box or the web, I'm VERY loyal to them. Heck, I've even "tried out" a couple of expensive items before, not too many places do that these days.
    "Old" camera shops are hard to find, but if you can find one, you'll get a lot of good info!
    I also like the fact that if you want prints, they change out the chemicals a LOT more often than the one hour places, and will take the time to color correct, if need, will do mounting...all sorts of stuff lost these days.

nishus97 and Zenarc like this.
  19. Zenarc
    Jelly Bean Jun 10, 2014

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014

nishus97 and Aditya Shahi like this.
  20. _ASSASSIN_
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 10, 2014

nishus97 likes this.